PDA

View Full Version : saw this on EBay...

druid
06-23-2006, 06:24 AM
...and didn't remember seeing it posted. Interesting..."a gravity hopper that feeds as fast as a motorized hopper" at 11 bps. I call shens without a video drop test or on a marker....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Archons-NEW-Revolutionary-200-Round-Gravity-fed-hopper_W0QQitemZ7250304577QQihZ015QQcategoryZ71157 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

vikingshadow
06-23-2006, 06:27 AM
Interesting.....I wonder what keeps it getting jammed in the two openings rather than the one larger one we usually see.

Also, how big is this thing?

claustrophobia9
06-23-2006, 06:31 AM
it wont work imo. itll get jammed from the fact that there are two openings, the balls arent going to be polite and stuff, plus i hate talking ebay sites...

the thing there is just to prevent bloback, which in markers that will blowback will actually help the ROF in some cases. ydna has a vid of his vl200 hitting feeds of 15-16

pman15
06-24-2006, 04:17 PM
blegh,to much false advertising these days.like claus said it will get jammed to easily and will cause chops not prevent chops.

claustrophobia9
06-24-2006, 04:19 PM
blegh,to much false advertising these days.like claus said it will get jammed to easily and will cause chops not prevent chops.
probibly not false advertisment probibly poor design with little knowlege to how gravity works.

The Pink Panther
06-24-2006, 04:41 PM
I WANT ONE!!!
haha jk

Paradox313
06-24-2006, 05:52 PM
i present "The new quantam loader"

bomberpilot07
06-24-2006, 06:47 PM
hopper works better than my halo! thanks guys!
Buyer slowct9a ( 8 )

aahahahaha i call SHENS

QAZ123
06-24-2006, 08:14 PM
Made by Archon.

I like Archon there a good company.

Not skeptical just yet....

JB.

bamf-hacker
06-24-2006, 08:35 PM
i wouldn't say to put this on your Ego, but you standard mech blow back it may be a good idea.

For those that are using a standard gravity feed loader and are having blow back issues up the feedneck, it may help them.

I am guessing it can't feed any slower than a gravity loader.

HacKeR

Sandman_Bravo
06-25-2006, 05:23 AM
That's it, I'm going to design a carbon fiber and kevlar hopper that holds 250 rounds, runs on small rechargeable lithium ion batteries, feeds 30 bps, sits millimeters above the gun, and costs less than a halo. JK, :D

thechubbss12
06-25-2006, 05:49 AM
Sand man will be loosing his money on all the carbon fiber LOL....

Sounds like it would feed the same speed as a standard loada....

ShadowX
06-25-2006, 06:13 AM
I am guessing it can't feed any slower than a gravity loader.

HacKeR

Lol, That is what everyone thought about the Quantom too.. Then everyone figured out that the "Cat-tail" was spinning balls AWAY from the feed neck.. Lol..

vikingshadow
06-25-2006, 06:16 AM
Actually, the Quantum is a feat of engineering. I mean, really, how many loaders can actually pull paint FROM your gun??? Most just feed the paint to the gun, but Viewloader saw that and said, "NO! We're taking this in ANOTHER direction!" Thus began the Quantum revolution....

Seriously, though, why do they still sell that piece? For 30.00 even! They've got the Vlocity, the eVlution, the reVLution, why the quantum? It doesn't even have a VL in the name.....

pman15
06-25-2006, 12:10 PM
wow this kinda reminds me of one of virtues modo,"with virtue you'll never miss a shot.and then"with this archon motorized hopper you'll always miss a shot"

Hob Hayward
06-25-2006, 03:37 PM
It might work, I suggest someone buys one rather than just sayin it sucks.

I'm tempted to grab one because its 10$ can you really go so wrong with that, I mean, if its worse than a grav hopper, just cut out the thing and it'll be a normal grav hopper.

Mech Warrior
08-15-2006, 12:51 PM
It might work, I suggest someone buys one rather than just sayin it sucks.

I'm tempted to grab one because its 10$ can you really go so wrong with that, I mean, if its worse than a grav hopper, just cut out the thing and it'll be a normal grav hopper.I just bought 2 of 'em. I made the guy a 'Best Offer' of $5 each, and he accepted it. Got an email from him that they'll ship today.

We normally use plain ol' gravity hoppers. Never had any problems with blowback, but I figured what they hey...I'll post pics and comments later.

splaturout
08-15-2006, 01:04 PM
Ok...here we go...there is one constant in the entire equation that I am surprised no one has brought. With the Shake n' Bake and with this hopper they are feed by GRAVITY!! No matter how you seperate the balls or what you use to agitate the balls they will all fall at 9.8 m/s. So the feed will be the same. That is the reason for the power feeders. They "push" the balls faster than 9.8 m/s and that is how they allow for no chopping. This hopper will be no different than the standard hopper.

my $.02

Mech Warrior
08-15-2006, 01:09 PM
I think the reason no one has brought is that it goes without saying.

But correct me if I'm wrong - which I could, be since I steadfastly refuse to use anything with a battery - but do agitating hoppers really 'push' the balls? I thought the point of an agitating hopper was simply to keep the balls moving.

splaturout
08-15-2006, 01:12 PM
no...agitating hoppers keep the balls from getting stuck falling down the neck. They do not "push" the balls down the neck, that is what a power feeder does.

Mech Warrior
08-15-2006, 01:14 PM
no...agitating hoppers keep the balls from getting stuck falling down the neck. They do not "push" the balls down the neck, that is what a power feeder does.
That's what I thought...thanks.

As for these Archon things - frankly, I think it just presents more opportunities for the little fellas to get jammed up inside there. But I got them for cheap :dodgy:

claustrophobia9
08-15-2006, 02:08 PM
2 words. time stamp

bamf-hacker
08-15-2006, 02:10 PM
2 words. time stamp

I am defending him on this one. He made a new post about this and was told about this thread, so he came here to post about it.

Yes old topic, but he ordered a few so now he needs to post up a review and pics. If it is good it may replace my loaner gun gravity loader

WhatThaSmurf
08-15-2006, 03:03 PM
I know this is an old thread, and I know it's been said before, but I guarantee it is not as fast as an e-loader, mainly because it defies the laws of physics. It may be better than your usual shake-and-bake because it is not supposed to jam, but it still can't drop faster than gravity pulls it.

leed
08-15-2006, 07:03 PM
LOL smurf, I think someone said that earlier already.

timbertiger20
08-15-2006, 11:03 PM
I'll let you know as I just got two for my Nasty Typhoon! Luckily it is a loud rattling cannon! It shakes balls well no matter what!

Mech Warrior
08-16-2006, 06:29 AM
2 words. time stamp2 more words: so what?

So what if the post previous to mine was from 6 or 7 weeks ago? This is the only forum I've participated in where people (albeit only a few) make comments like that. Would you rather have multiple threads on the same topic? That makes for a really messy forum structure.

Frankly, I'd be more concerned about thread titles like "saw this on EBay...". Real descriptive, that. :dodgy:

I know this is an old thread, and I know it's been said before, but I guarantee it is not as fast as an e-loader, mainly because it defies the laws of physics. It may be better than your usual shake-and-bake because it is not supposed to jam, but it still can't drop faster than gravity pulls it.Well, in a perfect world (no hopper jams) they'd all feed at the same rate. So a shake-n-bake could be as fast as an e-loader. In a perfect world.

Mlb06
08-16-2006, 08:09 AM
um so r we gona get pics of this loader?

Mech Warrior
08-16-2006, 10:34 AM
um so r we gona get pics of this loader?um yeah wen i git it

Mlb06
08-16-2006, 01:32 PM
k thanks:)

bigred76
08-16-2006, 04:51 PM
I know this is an old thread, and I know it's been said before, but I guarantee it is not as fast as an e-loader, mainly because it defies the laws of physics. It may be better than your usual shake-and-bake because it is not supposed to jam, but it still can't drop faster than gravity pulls it.
Someone proved, I believe it was Otter or YDNA, that a gravity fed hopper without jams would feed at 15-16bps. I still don't think it's possible... but since they said it it prolly is what it is. If you have a problem with it, prove it wrong. ;)

Mech Warrior
08-17-2006, 09:46 AM
The magic hoppers came in the mail today. Comments and pics tomorrow...

bamf-hacker
08-17-2006, 09:49 AM
The magic hoppers came in the mail today. Comments and pics tomorrow...

Tommorow.... Slacker :)

first impressions?

Mech Warrior
08-17-2006, 10:58 AM
Tommorow.... Slacker :)

first impressions?Dunno..I haven't seen them yet. My son called to say they had arrived. He didn't sound terribly impressed.

Some of us have to work for living...:yay:

Hey, wait a minute....when did hacker become a Moderator?!?

I mean: Mr. Hacker. Sir.

bamf-hacker
08-17-2006, 11:10 AM
Dunno..I haven't seen them yet. My son called to say they had arrived. He didn't sound terribly impressed.

Some of us have to work for living...:yay:

Hey, wait a minute....when did hacker become a Moderator?!?

I mean: Mr. Hacker. Sir.

I work :) I am just an amazing multi-tasker. :)

Ok so you have until tonight to give us a preliminary response on the loader...

and it is just Mr. Hacker :) no SIR

claustrophobia9
08-17-2006, 11:19 AM
Someone proved, I believe it was Otter or YDNA, that a gravity fed hopper without jams would feed at 15-16bps. I still don't think it's possible... but since they said it it prolly is what it is. If you have a problem with it, prove it wrong. ;)
ydna hit 20 in like 7 shot bursts with a vl200

Mech Warrior
08-18-2006, 06:19 AM
Well, the Archon hopper lived up (and down) to my expectations. Looks cool, but doesn't perform as well as a standard gravity-feed. My son and I put about 100 balls in the hopper, and he fired away, both as slowly and as quickly as he can. There were 3 or 4 misfires, where the balls got hung up in the hopper. That rarely - never, in my son's opinion ;) - happens with the standard gravity-feed that he normally uses.

Instead of solving the problem of balls get hung up inside the hopper, I think they actually made it worse, by introducing at least two more places where it can occur.

As you can see in the pics, there's a channel that's open as both ends of the hopper, with a sloped "floor" guiding the balls toward either end. I suspect balls could get bunched up at the top of the channel, preventing a nice even flow down to the tube.

But the thing that I think really hurts the design is that having the balls lined up in the channels actually increases the probability that they'll get hung up trying to fall into the tube. They consistently strike each other at an angle that's almost guaranteed to cause a hang-up. Whereas with a regular gravity-feed, the balls sit on top of the tube in a more-or-less random pattern, and quick shake is more likely to free up any balls that are stuck.

knowwhuddahmean?

My son didn't care for the way the lid latches. Instead of a lip all the way around the lid, there are 3 'tabs'. It was too easy to close it and have only 2 of the tabs catch, leaving the lid less secure.

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n108/Mech_Warrior/Fuji_FinePix018.gif

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n108/Mech_Warrior/Fuji_FinePix002.gif

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n108/Mech_Warrior/Fuji_FinePix012.gif

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n108/Mech_Warrior/Fuji_FinePix008.gif

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n108/Mech_Warrior/Fuji_FinePix017.gif

bamf-hacker
08-18-2006, 06:24 AM
Thanks for the review...

took you long enough ;)

Mech Warrior
08-18-2006, 06:41 AM
Thank you, Sir! May I have another?

timbertiger20
08-23-2006, 11:32 PM
Not impressed at all........they do all right getting into the feed and it's a good idea. The problem is both feed channels feed at exactly the same height ramming two balls together. Stick with regular gravity feeds!

Ace24
08-24-2006, 10:35 AM
Is it just me or does that hopper look like its got a big black layer of duct tape across the bottom, deviding the two sides?

Mech Warrior
08-24-2006, 12:43 PM
Is it just me or does that hopper look like its got a big black layer of duct tape across the bottom, deviding the two sides?It's just you. ;)

It's black molded plastic - appears to be the same stuff that the rest of the hopper is made of.

Not impressed at all........they do all right getting into the feed and it's a good idea. The problem is both feed channels feed at exactly the same height ramming two balls together. Stick with regular gravity feeds!I agree.

Opteron-O3
09-13-2006, 12:38 PM
I actually modded my own gravity hopper and I have a video with a drop test.

http://thumbs.vidiac.com/bed81b43-1110-40c5-993f-86250a30bd83.jpg (http://www.darksidevideo.org/video/bed81b43-1110-40c5-993f-86250a30bd83.htm)Click here to see Video (http://www.darksidevideo.org/video/bed81b43-1110-40c5-993f-86250a30bd83.htm)

albertjackson99
09-13-2006, 12:59 PM
Wow! There's like 50 pillows on your bed...

Opteron-O3
09-13-2006, 02:20 PM
Wow! There's like 50 pillows on your bed...

:D The more pillows, the more comfort

claustrophobia9
09-13-2006, 03:33 PM
this deserves a new thread rather than using a dead body as an enfleshment.