PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm finally done...*56k, don't even TRY*

bigred76
06-22-2006, 07:23 PM
....With upgrading my 2k2 Black Magic 'Cocker. There are about 4 parts left un-upgraded besides electronics, and they wont affect the performance enough for me to consider any of them (IMO). Here are the updated specifications and the latest pictures of my baby. All she needs are macro fittings and some line. :)

Specs:
Chubby Modded (lightened) CCM Delrin Bolt
Black KAPP Reflex 2 trigger frame
Black DYE Stickies
Aluminum Freak with .689/.679 inserts and a 12 AA tip
AIM Snap-Q Clamping feedneck
CCM 3-Way
Clippard Ram
Sledgehammer LPR
Black Palmers Male Stabilizer
Planet Eclipse 600psi gauge
Blue System X Slider On/Off

Pictures:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/bigred76/Autococker/4063c35c.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/bigred76/Autococker/5179bf25.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/bigred76/Autococker/9229ee94.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/bigred76/Autococker/55743fc7.jpg

My new gun:
Well, I got this on my doorstep a little bit ago from a select anonymous person, and managed to keep it under wraps except to those who participate regularly in the KUSACHATs. :D It is mostly stock except for the Extreme Rage Timer grips (they were my spares and only ones on hand), Evolve Pi HP regulator, and an NDZ EZ-turn On/Off (not in the pictures). I've had to fix the circuitry and put on a new pair of switches (trigger switch and dipswitches), and that was a lot of fun. Yes, for those of you that weren't awake last night, this is the gun I put a pic up of in the June 21st thread. ;) I'm planning a couple other upgrades for it including a clamping feed (hard to find because of the Bushy threading), grips, and most likely the new LP ram cylinder that ICD Underground has out now (link (http://icdunderground.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=W&Product_Code=PLPC&Category_Code=U), for those of you who don't know of it). I've recently (like, in the last week) got it working, and it is soooo nice, I almost like it as much as my Black Magic! :D

Enough of that, here are some pictures:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/bigred76/Promaster/4620445e.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/bigred76/Promaster/7b3db585.jpg

Welp, those are my two guns. Comments welcome!

pman15
06-22-2006, 07:28 PM
both are hott guns,but the pics u showed me on kusachat compared to these,these pics are much better.but still they are hot guns

ricochet08
06-22-2006, 08:30 PM
looks good :D

Hossy
06-22-2006, 08:41 PM
i like the dice jount

howd u get that?

bigred76
06-22-2006, 08:54 PM
I have mysterious ways. :D Thanks for the comments guys!

WhatThaSmurf
06-22-2006, 08:55 PM
saw it in the june 21st thread, i was one of like 3 people still online

ooglieboogliebob
06-22-2006, 08:58 PM
black magic is just pure secks !!!! ... but for the ICD Promaster ... you can improve ;) j/k j/k ... both look awesomeness ...

thechubbss12
06-22-2006, 09:01 PM
Hes got master moding skills...

Nice looking markers you got there. Tell me how the promaster performs.

bigred76
06-22-2006, 09:09 PM
It's a great little gun. Virtually no kick, 23bps ROF (limited by Zeggy, or I can set the modes capped at 15), and a pretty darned comfy gun. It's extremely light... I believe it's a little under 2lbs, comparable to some of the higher-end markers. Deffinately lighter than my other markers I've owned. :D Efficiency is about 1500 shots from a 68/45 and it comes stock with a QEV. I'd reccommend one from Durrell if they have the money, they're deffinately better than a stock Ion.

Thanks again for the compliments, guys! Any sugestions on grips for the Promaster? I'm tempted to get Stickies again, but I already have them on the 'Cocker.

ooglieboogliebob
06-22-2006, 09:38 PM
meh .... "comfy hands shoot faster" .... stickies FTW ... even though hybrids have the looks

druid
06-22-2006, 09:41 PM
:dodgy:

shunut
06-22-2006, 10:34 PM
I too saw the black magic a couple days ago and pman is right the pictures you showed in chat were better. Still an awesome gun, you know how I feel about Autocockers.

Promaster is nice too.

bigred76
06-22-2006, 11:12 PM
Thanks Josh. :)

Oh, I didn't think to post those pictures as well. Well, here they are:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/bigred76/Autococker/DSC00002.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/bigred76/Autococker/DSC00002.jpg

ShadowX
06-23-2006, 05:06 AM
Nice guns Red and Bushy feednecks are not rare, If I am not mistaking, I think they are the same as Shocker/Impulse/ION feed neck threads.. But, I could be wrong..

Nice guns though.. I see that Cocker and it makes me want one (again).. Lol..

claustrophobia9
06-23-2006, 06:21 AM
nice pi reg on the promaster... how is it.

bigred76
06-23-2006, 11:38 AM
Thanks Shadow and Claus! The Bushy threaded feednecks are just slightly different threadings, and I don't want to take the risk of picking up a feedneck I think will work when it ends up stripping the threads off my body. But yes, the Q-Lock is close enough it works. I just don't like them.

The Pi is amazing. I love how there is no break in period, just take it out of the box and run air through it. Sooooo consistent the gauge almost wasn't moving when I shot it. The only problems are that some people have found metal shavings from manufacturing in theirs (on a rare occassion) and the anno is very thin. Like, there were chips on it right out of the box. So long as you take apart the reg and make sure you know how it works (and inspect for metal shavings) and don't mind a couple chips on the anno, it's an excellent reg. Deffinately worth the $65 I put out for it.

TacTownKilla
06-23-2006, 03:06 PM
The Pi is amazing. I love how there is no break in period, just take it out of the box and run air through it. Sooooo consistent the gauge almost wasn't moving when I shot it. The only problems are that some people have found metal shavings from manufacturing in theirs (on a rare occassion) and the anno is very thin. Like, there were chips on it right out of the box. So long as you take apart the reg and make sure you know how it works (and inspect for metal shavings) and don't mind a couple chips on the anno, it's an excellent reg. Deffinately worth the $65 I put out for it.

To bad it doesnt look as good as my cp does :dodgy:

No really im happy you got your promaster up in runnin. Now all we need is a vid.

QAZ123
06-23-2006, 03:22 PM
Whoa nice!

Wait a sec. How did you get a clamping feedneck on there? Thought 2k2's were pressed fitted with a stock feedneck?

JB.

claustrophobia9
06-23-2006, 05:17 PM
I put out
im sorry my extreme ADD caused me only to see this when you posted... :rolleyes: i heard it was a good reg but it looked like a midge to me, i guess it wasnt as small as i thought

bigred76
06-24-2006, 12:35 AM
To bad it doesnt look as good as my cp does

No really im happy you got your promaster up in runnin. Now all we need is a vid.
Yes, it may be a slight bit ugly, but your CP can't touch its performance for price. :D I'm going to see about getting my tank filled this weekend and borrowing one of my friend's video cameras. Most likely wont be with paint because I don't have any lying around, but at least you can see it working. If not this weekend, then the weekend after that.

Wait a sec. How did you get a clamping feedneck on there? Thought 2k2's were pressed fitted with a stock feedneck?

JB.
You are correct, normal 2k2's have press-fitted feednecks. Luckily for me, this is not a normal 2k2, it's a Black Magic, basically a special run. I don't know why they didn't apply this to the regular 2k2's, but it's very nice being able to swap out feednecks.

im sorry my extreme ADD caused me only to see this when you posted... i heard it was a good reg but it looked like a midge to me, i guess it wasnt as small as i thought
It is really small. All the way screwed in, it has 2 3/4" sticking out. My other regulator, my Palmers, has 4 1/4". It's a bit chubby in the middle, but I got used to it. I only wish it would turn a little more in because it puts the macro fitting right where I put my palm lol. Most likely the marker, but oh well.

Thanks for the comments, guys! :)

claustrophobia9
06-24-2006, 02:00 PM
To bad it doesnt look as good as my cp does :dodgy:
thats arguable... i think cp regs are uber fugly

marvin-martian
06-24-2006, 02:01 PM
you dont like the look of cp regs!?

claustrophobia9
06-24-2006, 02:05 PM
you dont like the look of cp regs!?
in spanish they would say "no"

i like 2 liter+, dont really like the maxflow (shocker/nerve), dont like the glad, dont like the evil det., dont like the empire ones or the torp... sidewinder in some cases i like, the eclipse star reg i like, dont like stock 06 ego reg, the sl66 is the hottest reg out imo., etc.

bigred76
06-24-2006, 02:33 PM
Ladies, ladies...The reason why I have the Pi on there is that I personally think the CP's are too common, so I looked around and saw what else there was out. Glad's were good, Sidewinders were good, Evil's outa the question for fugliness. Then I saw the Pi. I figured, "well, if it doesn't do as well as I expect, I can always sell it and get another one, or trade with Druid for his CP." Turns out it performs better than I hoped, so I'm keeping it. :)

durrell
06-24-2006, 02:42 PM
Yeah Pi's are nice regs.

Nice guns Red, they're both sweet.

bigred76
06-24-2006, 11:50 PM
Thanks, Doc! :)

Hmm, I think these Timer Grips on the ProMaster are growing on me. They're actually pretty comfy. They're about as tacky as the old school DYE Stickies, and fit my hands pretty well. :crazy: