PDA

View Full Version : where is kingman going from here

ShieldzyBoy
06-22-2006, 05:51 PM
Now that the 06 Electra is out with eyes on it do u think Kingman is going to take bigger steps to making there guns more to the high end level like throwing in an LPR system like Timmy instead of the LPC. They could also improve on the stock parts. Like making the striker lighter, improving on the bolt, and making the valve more high flowing. Does any1 know cuz id like to get my hands on some new products when they come out. it would be nice if Kingman started making eye covers that work with there detents because it is allot of work making bob long eye covers work on ur marker. Id also like to c better feed necks coming stock on there markers. Any1 know what Kingman has planed?

druid
06-22-2006, 08:28 PM
they haven't done it yet...the MR series is yet more proof that they really have no intention to either. and by the way...Bruce Lee is dead...Gods don't die

ShieldzyBoy
06-22-2006, 09:07 PM
who said gods cant die what is it written in the hand book of being a god what do u lirn it in god 101. and yes they have the 06 electra has eyes and more improvement to more turny paintball and the MR1 and 2 are just a diffrent line of marker made for woods ball

ShieldzyBoy
06-22-2006, 09:08 PM
damn flamer

druid
06-23-2006, 04:27 AM
not flaming...stating fact. The Electra w/ Eyes...ooooh...they put eyes on it. Now we can all sleep better at night...

What I see is this. Kingman reps read this board and every once in a while throw us a chicken bone, hoping to appease us...only, it leaves us choking on it instead. That's why I said the MR series...revolutionary marker my ass. It's not much better than Vike's $200 Sonix...except they put a stock on it and gave it a different color...perhaps some other 'new' stuff but the way I see it? Still the same old Spyder. The angle-feed and older styled Timmy Detents themselves should open your eyes to this.

Adding eye holes is no big thing. They added a drill press somewhere in the production line...whoopty do. This is a minor upgrade in their grand scheme of not having/wanting to retool any/all of their plants. If memory serves me...one of the reasons that U.S. Steel Plants (like Bethlehem Steel in my home town) were shut down forever because they refused to 'innovate'...retool...or even consider the possibility of being out-thunk (lol) by the Japanese and Imported Steel. Anyway...
...those of us that put eyes on their markers...what did it take? 15...maybe 20 mins with a hand drill and a tap? Less when someone was blessed enough to have access to a drill press and proper bits? The hardest part of drilling eyes is proper placement...and it's not that hard to figure out. It cost them little to add this process and it should be heralded as better or new and improved? I think not. It's like putting a Ninja motor on a moped...

My post was not to flame you, I'm sorry if you took it that way. My post was to flame THEM for keeping their heads buried like an ostrich in fear...fear of taking that giant leap towards a long and prosperous future in a 'better than lower-mid grade products.' Instead, they wallow in the notion that they can just keep producing the same, tired design and let the consumer take the verbal judo on the field. After all...what do they care? They already sold the marker once and got what they wanted...money. Except for a few milling/anno options or an occasional frame they call "new and improved"....overall, their markers haven't changed all that much from the "Classic"...and some of us are basically sick of it.

edit...and by the way...since I wrote the Book of Gods, I say we cannot die :D

thechubbss12
06-23-2006, 04:59 AM
Well in disagreement to druids post.... Kingman has the Low end market.... Why would you change from something when you are already domination that market...

IMO Kingman is one of the best companies in paintball... Not becasue they support the torney scene or becasue they have are pretty prosperious. No its becasue they are the ones who bring people into this sport. They allow the little kids who want to play paintball the option of owning a $40 paintball gun that will last for forever.

Will kingman ever realy change thier design... im not sure maybe the VS series will be as good as they said it would be. But who knows... the Primal was a pretty marker but it was way to expensive starting out.

vikingshadow
06-23-2006, 05:10 AM
That's why I said the MR series...revolutionary marker my ass. It's not much better than Vike's $200 Sonix...except they put a stock on it and gave it a different color...perhaps some other 'new' stuff but the way I see it? Still the same old Spyder. The angle-feed and older styled Timmy Detents themselves should open your eyes to this.

Hey! My Sonix isn't/wasn't just a run of the mill spyder when I finished with it! :mad: :p

**sigh**I think about ALL the money I dumped into that gun, I could have had TWO Shockers by now, or a different car...I see Carbine's "What do you get when you put 1000.00 in a Spyder" Hornet, and my Sonix didn't look anything like it. :(

Not the first time the issue of a "high end" Spyder was discussed - nor will it be the last time. Looky here! (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=2778) There are also links to OTHER links that were discussed on this issue before as well.....

druid
06-23-2006, 06:05 AM
Well in disagreement to druids post.... Kingman has the Low end market.... Why would you change from something when you are already domination that market...
I respect your opinion but as seen in animal history/Darwinism on this planet...it's evolution or extinction...
IMO Kingman is one of the best companies in paintball... Not becasue they support the torney scene or becasue they have are pretty prosperious. No its becasue they are the ones who bring people into this sport. They allow the little kids who want to play paintball the option of owning a $40 paintball gun that will last for forever.
I know that...but so does tippman, BE and VL...and at least tippman tried with the C3...they had the bawlz to try something new even if it was doomed to failure...Kingman plays the 'safe' game...and it's getting old quick
Will kingman ever realy change thier design... im not sure maybe the VS series will be as good as they said it would be. But who knows... the Primal was a pretty marker but it was way to expensive starting out.

You mean the series promissed almost a year ago?...pffft...believe it when I see it....

Chubbs...I'm not really trying to disagree with you...I do see most of your points. but if 'cheap way to get _ into the game" is the way...why didn't the ZAp POS, green-Glock-plastic-pistols go farther than they have? The one I have works just fine and is about as accurate as a 12 gram pistol can be...