PDA

View Full Version : wtf 1 million bucks!?

claustrophobia9
06-22-2006, 05:09 PM
WTF is right...

the worlds best halo 2 four man team, was signed in "Major Leage (video)Games" (how is this popular.... WATCHING other people press buttons... right :dodgy:) has been signed on a 1million dollar contract, i guess if you really pwn, it pays alot better than your parents make it out to be.... but seriously, who is cookin', cuz somehow, in the chain of events, someone in a high spot was cookin' and said yes to one of the following:

-make a pro gamer leauge
-put it on tv (seriously, its getting its own channel soon)
-pay people money
-what the heck, make it 1 million, cuz its an easy number to write.

heres the story

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/11209/MLG-Signs-FourMan-Halo-2-Team-for-1-Million-Contract/

edit: and on a side note, if that wasnt enough wtf heres another:

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/11193/Steven-Spielberg-to-Direct-World-of-Warcraft/

pman15
06-22-2006, 05:17 PM
yep,alot of video games are doing that now.like greg hastings tournament paintball site is offering up 100,000$ for the winner

claustrophobia9
06-22-2006, 05:19 PM
i never liked ghastings... it always seemed like an uber small version of cs, where everyone rushes, simply because its the best strategy.

on another side note, i knew the guy who did the first greg hastings cash tourny at the iao. www.gamebattles.com is his website.

timmyshoota
06-22-2006, 06:07 PM
Video games are the real deal now. This is the generation that you can make millions by playing games.

claustrophobia9
06-22-2006, 06:09 PM
ya but ill play them and when i grow up it wont be making money anymore and ill be some loser in the basement...

thechubbss12
06-22-2006, 07:44 PM
Well if you got some guns.. you could be a looser in a basement who mugs people from money...

Well Video games... and money... seems like this world just got alittle more lazy lol.

Hossy
06-22-2006, 08:07 PM
yo claus, u got anymore online games for us to beat for you??

Xbox had a madden 2006 challenge, winner got 100000 and they traveld around, and every team sponsored a player. So the players played against tehre fav. players on there fav. team, and then they had a big tourney for the "pro" players.

it was on at like 3 AM EST time when they showed it

claustrophobia9
06-23-2006, 05:14 AM
sports games FTL