PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Syphon kit

hkyhead13
06-22-2006, 03:04 PM
I was wondering if the Anti-Syphon kit is anything worth getting?
heres a link for a new one on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Paintball-Anti-Syphon-Siphon-Kit-Tube-for-Co2-Tanks_W0QQitemZ110000504256QQcategoryZ47254QQssPag eNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

one more thing how does this help my gun?

Sandman_Bravo
06-22-2006, 03:10 PM
yes

vikingshadow
06-22-2006, 04:28 PM
Yes, it is. It helps keep liquid Co2 out of your gun which is a no-no. But if you don't install it correctly, it'll be the worse thing you can do because it will actually syphon liquid into your gun. If you aren't sure of your skills, although not a lot is required for this job, then make sure you have someone who is do it.

All you have to do is drain your tank, remove the valve (you might have to heat it to break the locktite), bend the tube correctly, install it in your tank, mark where the tube actually is point up, put some locktite on the threads and screw the valve back on tight. Let it dry for at least 30 minutes and you're good to go!

Sandman_Bravo
06-22-2006, 04:37 PM
Vik, I thought the wait time for drying before filling/using was a day?

vikingshadow
06-22-2006, 05:13 PM
I'm not sure. I used red loctite and played with the tank in about a half hour...but then, I didn't read the instructions either! Probably, the longer you leave it before you use it, the better!

And this is just good common sense - make sure to mark the tank with some red (or other bright color) fingernail polish. A straight line that is on the valve AND the tank itself. Let it dry, then every time you remove the tank, watch that line to make sure the line doesn't separate and the valve stays with the tank at all times. A couple years ago, two people were killed from the valves coming unscrewed from the tanks...

druid
06-22-2006, 08:36 PM
72 hours is the recommended time but hey...who an I to listen to the tech guys at the shop?

vikingshadow
06-23-2006, 05:43 AM
Hehehe - I agree. They only tell us that stuff to cover themselves in case of lawsuit! :supermegadodgy:

I've actually seen people loctite something then head right to the field to play. They've never had problems, but then they aren't the ones that don't pay attention to the small things - they would know if something was going wrong! I usually wait 30 minutes or so...

druid
06-23-2006, 06:08 AM
well...I think I'd rather wait and make sure...rather than have my arm blown off or have the tank sail across the field and kill someone...only to be charged with involuntary manslaughter and negligence....

vikingshadow
06-23-2006, 06:13 AM
Ah, come on...arm blown off? Disability pay!

charged with involuntary manslaughter and negligence? Vacation time in a resort during the hot part of the year!

:dodgy: :dodgy: :dodgy: