PDA

View Full Version : Do Not Call

WhatThaSmurf
06-22-2006, 09:08 AM
so yeah, that do not call list from a few years ago that is still suposed to be in effect, where did that go? it's only like 11 oclock and i have gotten 5 calls from companies trying to dupe me into buying things, or to refinance, or get a new credit card.... i mean come on, we're on the list and we still get calls? another good idea that went bad.

emf7301
06-22-2006, 09:11 AM
um, i thought i heard you had to go back on and renew that every few years. I don't remember how long that is. Wouldn't hurt to check again. www.donotcall.gov

Edit: i just got on there and it says it has to be renewed every 5 years.

WhatThaSmurf
06-22-2006, 09:16 AM
it hasn't been five years, has it? i have no idea

emf7301
06-22-2006, 09:17 AM
wouldn't hurt to redo it anyways :shrug:

03TiburonGT
06-22-2006, 09:45 AM
If you get calls from telemarketers, tell them to put you on their do not call list. My brother used to be a telemarkerter and they have to do it if you ask.

DexGtr
06-22-2006, 12:04 PM
if you get a call from telemarketers...ask them if they want to buy life insurance.....or ask them if they knew the Lord Jesus already.

That would get them to stop.

ooglieboogliebob
06-22-2006, 12:31 PM
if you get a call from telemarketers...ask them if they want to buy life insurance.....or ask them if they knew the Lord Jesus already.

That would get them to stop.

HAH

Well i used that a while back .. never again is a call from telemarketers ... only from ... donation stuff ... which i don't mind fooling with when im bored :p

DRAGON
06-22-2006, 12:35 PM
If you get calls from telemarketers, tell them to put you on their do not call list. My brother used to be a telemarkerter and they have to do it if you ask.

That's being light on them. Better said, "Where you aware that since I'm on the DONOTCALL list that if I should decide to report you, the company you represent and/or work for can be slapped with a large fine for ignoring the fact that this phone number is on their list?" The only ones that are allowed to call you when on the list are nonprofit organizations. I suppose they left way for that in case your local politician had a need for some quick cash through donations lol - ;)

WhatThaSmurf
06-22-2006, 03:49 PM
I've asked multiple telemarketers for their home phone numbers, so I could call them back at a time that was better for me.

The Pink Panther
06-22-2006, 03:58 PM
i always ask them out on dates...

claustrophobia9
06-22-2006, 05:42 PM
answer like this "taliban! who is speaching to me?"

read descriptions of movies from your tv guide to them while laughing

pretend they are your doctor calling, contiue to gasp and ask how it will effect your current perscriptions, and what the side effects are, or what your chances of survival are.

when in doubt... pretend suicide ftw, not only does it make the caller hang up, they also may question their job with the company and quit... then theres one less person calling, youve done your share!

xtraking
06-22-2006, 08:51 PM
you can sue if you say to be put on the do not call list, and they call again.