PDA

View Full Version : Movies

vikingshadow
06-22-2006, 08:07 AM
Ok, I know that there really isn't a place to talk about movies, and that we usually just post up as we see them, if they're worthy, that is.

That being said, this is a problem because the guys that ran our local movie theatre did some tax dodging and ended up having the whole place shut down about 4 months ago...it's supposed to reopen with the previous owner who was really good, but he's a bit ill right now and won't reopen it until around October.

So, I want to live vicariously through you guys. Post up your favorite movies so far this year, any you think you might want to see that are coming up, and make me jealous for not being able to see them myself, and then pay-per-view them!

On another movie note, I can't believe I actually saw this! (http://insider.tv.yahoo.com/insidetrack/malkin/) They're making anothe Star Trek movie - ok, yes, I'm a fan of Star Trek, and Sci Fi in general. However, can't see Matt Damon as a young Captain Kirk...I think they should make a movie with either the Enterprise crew or the Voyager group...although since Voyager technically got home, it'd be silly to do one of them.

WhatThaSmurf
06-22-2006, 08:14 AM
MI3 and X3 were excelent, still wanting to see Tokyo Drift

However, can't see Matt Damon as a young Captain Kirk...
I couldn't see Philip Seymour Hoffman as the bad guy in MI:3, but he did wonderfully, loved him as an actor, hated him as a character, he was disgustingly self-confident and arrogant. And I'm a fan of Matt Damon, and I will see this for him (not a Trekkie).

Tk-421
06-22-2006, 09:57 AM
And I'm a fan of Matt Damon, and I will see this for him (not a Trekkie).

thats what you say now, but you will get hooked on it

03TiburonGT
06-22-2006, 10:12 AM
The Fast and the Furious Tokyo Drift was suprisingly a good movie, not just for car buffs (like myself :D ) They had some of their facts and details incorrect that my friends and I noticed but overall they knew what they were talking about. The only thing I didn't like was

CAUTION, SPOILER COMING

how they put the S14 engine into the Mustang. WTF is that? Way to make a perfectly good Mustang sound like shiz. Sure its fast and a quality engine but it just doesn't seem right. Some of the drifting was far-fetched but still really good. They explained how to drift incorrectly, Bow Wow told him to pull the e-brake, but thats only for FWD cars.

The cars were, as always, riced out. Foot high spoilers, nasty vinyls and decals were a common sight.

Overall, I'd give it a 8.5/10

Cheat71
06-22-2006, 11:34 AM
I saw tokyo last night, the drifting was really unrealistic and I couldn't understand what the japanese were saying at times with their heavy accents. I expected it to be better but it blows away F&F and 2Fast. Alot more and better cars than the first two also...

Victa_Balla
06-22-2006, 12:27 PM
MI:3 sucked...
New Trek movie ftw
V For Vendetta aftw

DyNasty9
06-22-2006, 05:14 PM
im really looking forward to seeing this movie when it comes outStormbreaker (http://stormbreaker.com/)

i need to go see MI:3 and tokyo sometime.

claustrophobia9
06-22-2006, 05:15 PM
tokyo drift already had me pissed off, the noisy in game ads for planetside pissed me off.

vikingshadow
06-24-2006, 06:25 PM
WOW!!!! I know this movie is old, but I just saw Cinderella Man for the first time. I didn't want to see it when it came out because I'm not a Russell Crow fan and it looked like a sappy movie to me, even though the wife wanted to see it, but man was I wrong!

The story was really good, in my opinion, in that it hit right where most men live - providing for their family and their children and that he'd do anything to take care of them, from fighting with a broken hand, to begging for money from his former peers....that takes a lot from a proud man.

My favorite line, well, two of my favorite lines in the movie, right before the big fight in the pre-fight interview, when the reporter asked what he was doing all this for, he only said, "Milk." This relates to the doing anything to keep his kids fed and healthy.

The second one was when Max Baer made the comment, "He's letting his wife do his fighting for him," he just smiled and said, "Yeah. She's somethin", ain't she?"

I'd definitely give this two thumbs up and a big toe as well - now I just have to let the wife know she was right...now THAT takes courage!

bigred76
06-25-2006, 01:22 AM
Wow, just watched Tokyo Drift... OMG, bomb ass movie. DEFFINATELY one of my favorites, up there with Boondock Saints. It was a bit unrealistic at points, but guess what? It's a movie. If you want to see everything happen as it does in real life, go watch a documentary. ;)

Hmm, gonna have to see X3 though...

durrell
06-25-2006, 04:34 AM
I've read the book Stormbreaker, victa. I think it's one of the books I read all the way through almost without putting it down..awesome story.

I've been watching older movies lately, I ordered The Patriot and Kingdom of Heaven last night..I love those movies.

But as far as new movies go I want to see FF: Tokyo Drift and Cars, I think that's it right now.

03TiburonGT
06-25-2006, 06:56 AM
I just saw the DaVinici Code yesterday and it blew my mind. To me it makes a whole lot more sense and is way cooler than what I was taught to believe in. But if you have a strong faith, you will realize that is a story written by a man from New Hampshire and that you know what to believe in.

durrell
06-25-2006, 07:53 AM
I just saw the DaVinici Code yesterday and it blew my mind. To me it makes a whole lot more sense and is way cooler than what I was taught to believe in. But if you have a strong faith, you will realize that is a story written by a man from New Hampshire and that you know what to believe in.

Yeah, I had a cool excerpt that showed Biblical facts that proved the DaVinci Code to be fiction..but I hear it's a cool movie nonetheless.

DyNasty9
06-25-2006, 07:54 AM
I've read the book Stormbreaker, victa. I think it's one of the books I read all the way through almost without putting it down..awesome story.

I've been watching older movies lately, I ordered The Patriot and Kingdom of Heaven last night..I love those movies.

But as far as new movies go I want to see FF: Tokyo Drift and Cars, I think that's it right now.
lol it was me that talked about stormbreaker, not victa. have u read the rest of the series of books because if you liked stormbreaker, you'll love the rest of them.