PDA

View Full Version : Top Rear Dust Cap/ broke again

Davdxn
06-22-2006, 08:39 AM
Kingman has sent me a new one already.They ground down the protruding part that slides into the rear of the gun (upper hole). This seemed to work; then while trying out a new barrel that I had purchased, cranking a large volume of paint at a high rate, the top part broke again! The bolt moves to far enough to the rear and hits this part enough to break it at some point. It is made of pot metal or somthing.

I was wondering if I took a piece of heavy gauge pipe that fits the inside , about 3/8" long, drilled two holes, one on each side of the reciever. At this point tap the holes for some screws; and set them into the side of the section of pipe to hold into place. 1/8" into gun, and about 2/8" outside. The end, I could weld a cap on for keeping dust out.

If anyone has another idea to address this problem other than replacing the whole thing again let me know. The gun in and of it self is a fairly good gun, I really do not want to get reid of it. Thanks for any help that can be given...

vikingshadow
06-22-2006, 08:41 AM
Are you using the striker buffer in the gun? I can't see that it should be breaking like this constantly...

Darkh2o
06-22-2006, 10:00 AM
I had talked to Kingman support about the whole Striker Bolt Plug/rear dust cap issue and they said that the new Pilots have a cap that does not cover the back of the bolt. It is Part #28I. The old one is Part #23FA. They said alot of the newer models are don't have a cover over the top opening and to save in production, they are using the same or similar caps. I asked about the issue with the bolt traveling to far and snapping the cap off and he said by using the new cap (part #28I) it eliminates the cap breaking.

MVS1
06-22-2006, 01:03 PM
Davdxn, the only downside I can see is making take-down of the striker/bolt a little more of a core.

Darkh2o, If you have any photo's of the p/n28I I'd be interested in seeing them. Thanks.

By the way 2/8"=1/4" right...:rolleyes: :)

Darkh2o
06-22-2006, 02:08 PM
I'll see if I can get some pics of the 23FA and the 28I after I get home from work. Basically, the difference is if you cut the top portion off the 23FA and smoothed it out, it would look like the 28I.

badassser
06-22-2006, 03:18 PM
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j309/badassf4i/0622061810.jpg
or you could just make your own rear cocking bolt...... i replaced 2 of the back covers and then my cocking pin started to randomly pop out during play so i fixed to birds with one rod...

Darkh2o
06-23-2006, 04:35 AM
Here is a pic showing both caps.