PDA

View Full Version : NaughtyDogs Shocker.....

DyNasty9
06-22-2006, 07:43 AM
link:
http://www.naughtydogs.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=48&Itemid=20

http://www.naughtydogs.net/images/stories/other/f1_web.jpg
http://www.naughtydogs.net/images/stories/other/back_web.jpg
http://www.naughtydogs.net/images/stories/other/rail_web.jpg
http://www.naughtydogs.net/images/stories/other/reg_web.jpg
http://www.naughtydogs.net/images/stories/other/action3_web.jpg

Paintyaup
06-22-2006, 07:46 AM
cool

thechubbss12
06-22-2006, 07:47 AM
Beatiful... and Break Beamed...

Makes me wanna buy one.

marvin-martian
06-22-2006, 07:49 AM
eh, i dont really like it that much. sure its not ugly, but its just...i dont know...

claustrophobia9
06-22-2006, 08:06 AM
Beatiful... and Break Beamed...

Makes me wanna buy one.is it actually bbed? i was gonna speculate...

whoa.... whoa.... wait... whats this NXT platform... thing they keep talking about? new shocks!?

edit: cough ion reg.... cough...

paintballer5646
06-22-2006, 08:13 AM
I like everything but the reg.

vikingshadow
06-22-2006, 08:20 AM
I don't know - I was expecting something, I don't know, more flashy I guess. After all the talk for the last few months...maybe it's the colors that are throwing me off...The improvements, at least for the most part, sound pretty good!

killerpinecone
06-22-2006, 08:22 AM
not a fan of the reg either, other than that i like it

claustrophobia9
06-22-2006, 08:23 AM
ion reg is actually a good thing imo... its faster flowing and wasnt really the main problem of velocity fluctuations in ions. im saying cheeper better reg + and i like the look of it... ill put money that it shows up on the naughty dogs ion as well.

killerpinecone
06-22-2006, 08:26 AM
of coarse, if they put it on the shocker it will go on their ion, lol, lets see tho

Santy
06-22-2006, 08:29 AM
i like it, and its cocker threads

DyNasty9
06-22-2006, 08:29 AM
i think it looks pretty good. i like the frame and trigger. BB eyes is deff. a big plus.

claustrophobia9
06-22-2006, 08:32 AM
i think it looks pretty good. i like the frame and trigger. BB eyes is deff. a big plus.
sell the dm and buy it!

hopefully they'll come in something besides 6th now that their guns arent broken 24-7

vikingshadow
06-22-2006, 08:40 AM
BB eyes is deff. a big plus.

Not really. With the Shocker boards out these days, there's no benefit for breakbeams over standard. The Virtue, the Predator and one other (can't think of it) all have eye logic that rivals break beams. It's just another thing to add to the gun. I seriously don't think it should even raise the price of the gun, because if you ever fry your board, or the eyes go bad for some reason, I would hate to have an extra hole drilled in the body without filling it with something, so that limits you to a certain board and a certain set of eyes.

But that's just me...

claustrophobia9
06-22-2006, 08:45 AM
Not really. With the Shocker boards out these days, there's no benefit for breakbeams over standard. The Virtue, the Predator and one other (can't think of it) all have eye logic that rivals break beams. It's just another thing to add to the gun. I seriously don't think it should even raise the price of the gun, because if you ever fry your board, or the eyes go bad for some reason, I would hate to have an extra hole drilled in the body without filling it with something, so that limits you to a certain board and a certain set of eyes.

But that's just me...
preditor 2 board has dual eyes... and thats a good board. besides it sounds like smartparts might be trying to re-release a newer version of the shocher. the "nxt" maybe...

cocker threads is a big plus, i just wish the threads people use as a standard were shorter (like impulse threads) if sp stays with cocker threads all we need to get rid of is angel, spyder and tippman, maybe imp for a universal thread and no more barrel hassles.

vikingshadow
06-22-2006, 08:49 AM
I wonder what kind of detents are in there? Sucks for all those guys that bought 50.00 Kila's!

Oh, I must have meant another board - still tired and I can't keep all these boards straight anymore. I know the Pred's a good board, but up until now, isn't it the only one that's break beamed?

claustrophobia9
06-22-2006, 08:51 AM
I wonder what kind of detents are in there? Sucks for all those guys that bought 50.00 Kila's!

Oh, I must have meant another board - still tired and I can't keep all these boards straight anymore. I know the Pred's a good board, but up until now, isn't it the only one that's break beamed?
nox is, and thats whats included. the detents i believe are the same being used in the gmax shocker that hasnt been released even though i await its arrival for over 5 months.... they're timmy detents i think. (the lil nubs (not noobs))

vikingshadow
06-22-2006, 08:54 AM
Ugh, I hate those things! I was so glad to get away from my Sonix nub detents and really like the kind my stock has in it...

DyNasty9
06-22-2006, 09:21 AM
sell the dm and buy it!

hopefully they'll come in something besides 6th now that their guns arent broken 24-7
i dont have a DM, i have a shocker lol.:p
and the other board is a tadao. and vikes about the boards eye logic working like breakbeams.

claustrophobia9
06-22-2006, 01:48 PM
i dont have a DM, i have a shocker lol.:p
and the other board is a tadao. and vikes about the boards eye logic working like breakbeams.
who sold the uber ion.... nvm that was muddy taco.. i get you guys confused.

phatphil
06-22-2006, 03:13 PM
Hot as hell, but that reg looks like an Ion reg. I hope they change the reg. Yay for big trigger guards on a Shocker!

TacTownKilla
06-22-2006, 04:17 PM
Stolen from some northwest boards

"Naughty Dogs "Team" Edition Shocker!

The Naughty Dog shocker gives way to sleek muscular lines, swept back features and finely cut scallops that continue our tradition of style but not affect functionality. This isn’t your ordinary Shocker; it has been completely redesigned from the ground up. The Dogs Shocker is built on Smart Parts Shocker "NXT" plat form. Smart Parts looked at every component on there previous Shocker design and improved on every aspect.

Below are the New Features:

Break Beam Vision - The latest and most reliable anti-chop Vision technology is fully incorporated into the Naughty Dogs Shocker body with no external wires or wire covers running from the grip to the eyes.

Integrated Air Rail - Loose the drop forward and even the rail adapter. The integrated rail system allows 3/8" inch dovetail air system accessories to mount directly to the grip frame, or use traditional inline mounting screws.

Rail Mounted on/off ASA - Positive air system control means longer o-ring and solenoid life. The easy to clean and rebuild design means a lifetime
of reliable operation.

Feature Packed Grip Frame - A built in snatch grip and expanded trigger guard with huge finger space are complimented by threaded lock pins which make the trigger, circuit board and on/off button easier to change yet more secure. Recessed frame screws disappear into the grip frame for a cleaner look.

Four Point Naughty Dog Adjustable Trigger - The fully adjustable trigger can be dialed in to suit any taste, without needing to open the grip or remove the grip frame.

New Regulator - The new Shocker NXT regulator in the Custom Naughty Dog Sleeve offers increased flow rate for maximum velocity stability.

Sculpted Ball Detent Assemblies - Left and right spring loaded ball detent assemblies are multi-axis CNC machined to integrate seamlessly into the body. They prevent double feeding and provide
easy access to inspect and clean the break-beam Vision eyes.

Harder Anodized Aluminum Finish - The new Shocker anodized aluminum finish is harder and stronger than ever before, to keep the Naughty
Dogs Shocker looking good even under the most abusive tournament conditions.

The fully enclosed Naughty Dog body design is compatible with Shocker SFT aftermarket bolt kits and is outfitted with Autococker compatible barrel threads for a wide range of barrel options. The
Naughty Dog bolt guide blends into the Naughty Dog Shocker body styling. The clamping feed neck attaches with a new thread pattern for even greater durability. (feature text provided by Bill Mills)

To much of good thing? When it comes to features that enhance performance, there’s no such thing! "

http://www.naughtydogs.net/images/stories/other/action2_web.jpg
http://www.naughtydogs.net/images/stories/other/action5_web.jpg
http://www.naughtydogs.net/images/stories/other/action6_web.jpg

claustrophobia9
06-22-2006, 05:37 PM
^^^copy + paste ftw... in case we cant click a link...

and

Hot as hell, but that reg looks like an Ion reg. I hope they change the reg. Yay for big trigger guards on a Shocker!
it is an ion reg.

timmyshoota
06-22-2006, 07:33 PM
I'd have sex with that marker. Twice. And hope that it got pregnant.

QAZ123
06-22-2006, 07:37 PM
One of the few marker's in a while that made my jaw drop.

me likey.

JB.

ricochet08
06-22-2006, 08:27 PM
...........it's so beautiful.........:D

claustrophobia9
06-22-2006, 08:48 PM
hmmm, i didnt expect the nd to look this good... i wonder about the russian legion... russian people are cool.

Santy
06-23-2006, 04:56 AM
hmmm, i didnt expect the nd to look this good... i wonder about the russian legion... russian people are cool.

You'll be dissapointed

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?p=50314#post50314

Chris Cole
06-23-2006, 05:21 AM
Breakbeam is overrated, it's all about the eye logic. The Predator board has the option of using break beam eyes.

claustrophobia9
06-23-2006, 07:45 AM
Breakbeam is overrated, it's all about the eye logic. The Predator board has the option of using break beam eyes.
but with breakbeam you dont have to trust as much that the logic is good. i mean, im not gonna trust 120 bucks with a possibility that whoever made it was just some idiot with a computer, bb makes it easier for them to make logic, and makes it easier for me to listen to them blabber about how thier board is better. if everyone says their board is the best, all of them but one are lying... what is that...

virtue
tadao
Tag
equalizer
nox
blackheart
scenario dreams

so thats 6/7 of the companies lying.... sounds like a trustworthy group to me.. :dodgy:

Chris Cole
06-23-2006, 11:40 AM
so thats 6/7 of the companies lying.... sounds like a trustworthy group to me.. :dodgy:

No, that's advertising. I have not chopped a single ball in my Imp after I upgraded to the WAS board. Even in NXL mode, it fires flawlessly. Smart Parts is only switching because break beams are what people want.

But I digress, the new platform does look interesting. Mainly because it will make used Shocker's really cheap.

TheRedBarron
06-23-2006, 11:44 AM
I like it. The only Shocker I have ever said that about.

durrell
06-24-2006, 12:20 PM
I like it alot more than the Dynasty's. :thumbup:

timmyshoota
06-24-2006, 01:03 PM
But I digress, the new platform does look interesting. Mainly because it will make used Shocker's really cheap.
Which is why my 05 Dynasty went out the door. Egos didn't really take a hit with the 06 platform, so I figure I should be alright with it.