PDA

View Full Version : New Barrel

kidonfire
06-21-2006, 08:22 PM
I'm looking to get a new barrel for my Spyder Sonix, so I'm looking for a barrel that is pretty quiet but still accurate. I'm lookin at the 32 Degrees Nyte Stikk barrel and I'm just wondering what your thoughts were on this. Also, I'll probably get 12 inces but I was just wondering if 14" will really make my gun more accurate, or will it just waste air? I've got about 60$, so if you could maybe recommend a barrel in that price range, I would greatly appreciate it.

pman15
06-21-2006, 08:27 PM
j&j 14 inch.about 30$ish at most sites or so

MatthewTheTheif
06-21-2006, 08:27 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/MatthewTheTheif/snapper1150946664015.png

*cough* :)

your most likely going to get alot of people say that the J&J ceramic is the best one to get, your also going to get alot of people say that the Smartparts teardrop is the best.

you cant go by what other people tell you, you should go out to the local field and see people use them, and see if you can borrow them and try them out yourself, in the end, its up to how much YOU want to pay and what YOU think is the best choice

viperx6x9x
06-21-2006, 09:33 PM
yeah i got a 14" smart parts progressive for my pilot acs. it doesn't seem to be any quieter than the stock one. it does seem slightly more accurate though. honestly i dont think your gonna get much quieter unless you go with a low pressure type setup. your getting a lot of noise from the actuation of the bolt that pretty much can't be silenced just with a barrel upgrade. accuracy wise though, pretty much what he said. swap barrels with somebody for a game and experiment with some different lengths and styles. Everything is so variable with these things it's almost impossible to say what part works best with your setup.

EliteEagleX
06-21-2006, 09:36 PM
Meh, smart parts is decent.. I love the J J Performance 1 Piece Barrel 14" sinc e it is accurate, semi-quiet, and self cleaning... to a degree. However I am now useing an Evil Driver Barrel 14" which I like alot more.. looks very nice and performs even better! J J is about 36$ Evil Driver is about 60$

timbertiger20
06-21-2006, 11:01 PM
I have a J&J for sale Mint.......in sales section

Hob Hayward
06-22-2006, 06:54 AM
If you have 60$ You could buy a smart parts all american, that there is quiet and accurate. I've only seen one used once on 98C, but it halved the report.

Can anyone else attest for the AA?

You should also look at size of paint you get usually and compare it to the barrel size. My friends J&J is not so good as my teardrop because he can't get larger paint and the J&J is a larger bore barrel.

vikingshadow
06-22-2006, 08:26 AM
Well, I'm going to be different here. I bought a 14" Night Stick for my Sonix when I first got the gun and it's a lot better barrel than a lot of people know. It's really accurate, it seriously made the gun a lot quieter even BEFORE I did the LP stuff, and it looks great.

32* gets a negative a lot because it's NOT a big name company like Smart Parts or J&J in the way of barrels, but to tell you the truth, the Night stick is one of the best and most favorite barrels I've ever had. However, I do NOT like the Quiet Riot or their other one, can't remember the name. They aren't nearly as nice as the NS.

I also had a J&J Ceramic, and I hated it...but I'm one of the few...I always recommend a 32* Night Stick to Spyder users.

Can anyone else attest for the AA?

You should also look at size of paint you get usually and compare it to the barrel size. My friends J&J is not so good as my teardrop because he can't get larger paint and the J&J is a larger bore barrel.

I can attest for the All American - I have one and it's an awesome barrel. However, I have to say the J&J I got was extremely small bore and the only paint I used at the time that would fit was Dusk - and got barrel breaks quite a bit.

killerpinecone
06-22-2006, 08:28 AM
Just get the J&J Ceramics, its a good barrel for the price, or you can listen to vike and 32* also a good barrel

Hob Hayward
06-22-2006, 09:43 AM
I can attest for the All American - I have one and it's an awesome barrel. However, I have to say the J&J I got was extremely small bore and the only paint I used at the time that would fit was Dusk - and got barrel breaks quite a bit.

Thats really weird, because the xball I was using just rolled through my friends J&J, and heat well that even rolled through my teardrop... (xball is perfect for the teardrop)

vikingshadow
06-22-2006, 10:03 AM
I wondered about that for the longest time. Everyone, I mean EVERYONE, was talking how great the barrel was. I even thought I might have gotten a fluke, but everyone told me it wasn't.

Xball is REALLY small though. I think heat is about the same, maybe a little bigger.

Ace24
06-22-2006, 10:39 AM
I was tempted to get a NS once... Is it really that good?

marvin-martian
06-22-2006, 10:51 AM
i have a NS knockoff on my spyder and i love it. even the knockoff is "that good"

Chris Cole
06-22-2006, 11:37 AM
The Night Stick is a very good barrel. If you're planning on sticking with a Spyder the All A is an awesome barrel, but costly if you aren't planning on using it long term. If you switch guns you only have to buy a new back as opposed to an entirely new barrel. I've seen the J&J in action, and I've never been that impressed. That could be because I'm partial to my Freak and the All American that I had before that.

Just out of curiousity, what's the configuration of your Sonix? A new barrel may not quiet it down much.

kidonfire
06-22-2006, 12:34 PM
Just out of curiousity, what's the configuration of your Sonix? A new barrel may not quiet it down much.

I have it stock with a 12oz CO2 tank and VL200 hopper. This is the first upgrade and an electro trigger will probably be next.

And will a 14" barrel really help with the accuracy, or will it just waste air?

thechubbss12
06-22-2006, 03:44 PM
14 inches it the perfect length to get... simply becasue its not to the point of were you are wasting air due to too much resistance but it is also good becasue of the lenght which is good to lean into the bunkers with.

I think vike missed the Whisper barrel... I would actuly recomend it to you.. becasue i like my whisper over my NS and only this week did i retired it after purchasing a Empire kit....

vikingshadow
06-22-2006, 05:30 PM
No, I never really liked the whisper barrel. I didn't think it was as quiet as my Night Stick, and I also didn't like the way it looked in comparison. But, again, that's just me!

Hob Hayward
06-22-2006, 05:37 PM
My bro has a whisper, its pretty good, although his bolt hasn't got an angled inlet, it looks rather like a turbulence fillable spot, but it still shoots decently accurate with heat, which was too small for it.

viperx6x9x
06-23-2006, 08:48 AM
one of my friends is runnin a nite stick on his Xtra. he never said anything about quiet but did say it seems fairly accurate.