PDA

View Full Version : Harmonica

colonel_moo
06-21-2006, 01:55 PM
i just realized that i love pretty much every song that has a harmonica in it. i love the song "heart of gold" by neil young almost exclusively because of the harmonica "solos" in it.

anyway, ive decided that i want to learn how to play the harmonica, but first i need to find out what to buy. is there really a difference between the good ones and cheap ones? if so, which ones are decent but relatively cheap? also, do you guys have any tips for beginners? are they hard to play, or can you just pick one up and start playing it?

also, the music store nearby recently closed, and there isnt really any other ones nearby, so would any common stores carry them?

marvin-martian
06-21-2006, 01:56 PM
listen to hootie and the blowfish and youll change your mind :dodgy:

WhatThaSmurf
06-21-2006, 02:02 PM
i have a friend that plays one, but that's as far as my knowledge goes. he did teach himself the chapelle's show intro harmonica part, it's really sweet sounding.

Sandman_Bravo
06-21-2006, 02:45 PM
Blues Traveler!

DRAGON
06-21-2006, 03:24 PM
Ya mouth harps rule. I have a friend that traveled the country when he was younger just bumming around. He was always in trouble. Never really amounted to anything but that boy can blow! He has a God given talent that for some reason he never really tapped into. He occasionally sits in with blues bands at local bars for drinks lol. I suppose he's tapping a little but nothing remotely significant. I like the blues mouth harp side of the harmonica. It's just a bit crazy and wild -

albertjackson99
06-22-2006, 02:18 AM
I have one that I keep in my Glove box. When I get stuck in traffic, I break it out and it seems to help keep the anger demons at bay. I have no idea how to play a harmonica, but I think it's funny to check out all the passers-by staring at the guy "apparently" rocking out in his car...