PDA

View Full Version : ion regulator

Nik
06-21-2006, 01:47 PM
Hey i just have a quick question, Im looking into buying an Ion Pro and Im currently parting out my e99 which includes a barely used Bob long torp. Im wondering should I keep it to replace the stock Ion reg or Is the stock one going to be about the same? Also which qev would u guys recommend. Thanx alot

Hob Hayward
06-21-2006, 01:59 PM
The bob long reg would do you better than the stock ion reg.

taurinic
06-21-2006, 02:06 PM
the stock ion reg is fine, it just needs to be broken in like all other regs. and clippard QEV is the way to go.

ShadowX
06-21-2006, 03:54 PM
My stock ION Reg was horrible.. I think they really are hit or miss.. Sometimes you get a good one and sometimes you get a bad one..

I think that the Torp is world's better and would perform better in the end..

And Yes, Clippard QEV's are diffenately the best.. LuckyPB sells the Clippard's with the Quick Disconnect for like 15 bucks..

Here is a link:

http://www.buyluckypaintball.com/servlet/Detail?no=15

Nik
06-21-2006, 04:15 PM
Ive been hearing a lot about the eclipse reg. maybe ill just get that one.

Frat
06-21-2006, 08:43 PM
If you have a good reg keep it and use it. The stock Ion reg works and mine works well but as an ealier post mentioned they need to be broken in and it appears sometimes they are hit and miss. Just use the torp and you have no worries.

druid
06-22-2006, 12:18 AM
my stock reg broke in around 2 cases but have heard that some needed up to 5. The stock reg is plenty high flow for the marker but if you wanted to use the torp...idk...they operate between 150 and like 600 psi and you run the risk of blowing the noid seals and hoses if you overcharge them.