PDA

View Full Version : regulator or no regulator??

hkyhead13
06-20-2006, 08:42 PM
i was wondering if i should get a regulator for my pilot acs and wat would the benefits be over stock??

Sandman_Bravo
06-21-2006, 03:03 AM
Once again, read:

http://www.ottersccustoms.com/lp.html

ooglieboogliebob
06-21-2006, 10:18 AM
... well actually the LP faq isn't going to be the most effective part of the site ... rather go more broader and read www.ottersccustoms.com.

Depends if you are willing to spend a lot of money on your gun or not .... although a regulator will help your gun with spikes

Sandman_Bravo
06-22-2006, 04:13 AM
You can't simply buy a regulator and mount it to your pilot. You will have to replace the vertical adapter and possibly the braided steel hose, depending on what configuration reg you get. You really don't need a reg unless you plan to convert to LP, and in that event you'll be buying a lot more replacement parts to convert.

vikingshadow
06-22-2006, 06:00 AM
Actually, a reg is a great investment whether you go low pressure or not, especially with Co2. One of the big problems with Co2 is that it causes sporatic spikes and drops in pressure, especially with the change in temperature. A regulator will only allow so much air in at a time, every time so you have more consistancy and that makes for greater accuracy.

Compressed air already has a regulator on the tank, but I still like the regulator on the gun so that you can have that much more control over the pressures released into the gun.

I would definitely suggest a regulator any time.