PDA

View Full Version : Carolina PBS Vinyl Window Stickers

shunut
06-20-2006, 02:19 PM
I'm sure everyone knows Durrell and his store Carolina PBS. I've helped him out a little bit on the site and he is almost ready to go fully live (I know you've heard it before but I'm pretty sure this is for really now). Anyway to help him get his company name out we decided to get some vinyl stickers made up for car windows (see design below). The only difference will be the lettering will be white so it shows up better on car windows, especially if they are tinted. The stickers will be about 20" x 9.5" (w x h). The quotes I've gotten so far are for only 5 stickers total but the more we order the less they'll cost. Right now for 5 they are about $32 each. So if you would like one please let me know. If I get a good turn out I'll ask the company to reprice it and then let you know how much it will cost. We aren't selling these to make money, so there will be absolutely no mark up on them (for now at least, this might change once the website takes off, so get one now). Help D out, we all know that when it comes to ordering stuff he has always helped us.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f395/shunut/cpbsws1.jpg

durrell
06-20-2006, 02:41 PM
Omg I'll Take 5!

timmyshoota
06-20-2006, 02:44 PM
20" sounds a little big IMO. I'd look at something a little smaller. No need to go so large.

DRAGON
06-20-2006, 02:54 PM
...........Right now for 5 they are about $32 each...............

Hey I <3 both of you guys but you're ****ting me right? Do you really expect even friends let alone people that don't even know Durrell will fork that much to pay to advertise his business? :confused: Not to dis or rain on your parade but just thinking clearly - ;)

shunut
06-20-2006, 04:16 PM
20" sounds a little big IMO. I'd look at something a little smaller. No need to go so large.

It really isn't that big. Think of 2 sheets of paper side by side long ways is 22". I'll see about getting a quote for a smaller size, might take a day or two though.

As for the price, like I said the more that we order the cheaper they will be, I had to give them a quantity to get a price quote. So, I'm just trying to get an idea of how many people are interested. So lets forget the price for now and see who would sport this sticker on their car. Then once I have a better idea as to how many people would like one I can get another price quote. I'm also pricing it out with a couple other companies as well.

phatphil
06-20-2006, 04:30 PM
Shop around, and go black and white, you can find cheaper prices then that.

Muddytaco
06-20-2006, 04:41 PM
You should make a banner that just says the name for the front windshield, one it will be alot cheaper, two alot more people would probably buy something that isn't so big. Besides my back window already has a giant thor motocross head and other off road stickers:p

If you do make a front windshield one make sure it is no larger then 3" tall or it will go past most AS1 lines and thus become illegal.

Make a windshield banner and i will be first in line.

Those wondering about size, the thor sticker in the middle is the same size (20x9.5) crappy pic b/c it was taken off my phone

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/muddytaco/thor.jpg

timmyshoota
06-20-2006, 04:48 PM
I would buy one, but something that big is just in the way. Thats a good size for someone who owns a company and is trying to market it, but insanely big for anyone else. I wouldn't mind rocking one, but something more around 8-10 inches wide. If you think about it, most people will see it either sitting at a traffic light next to you, or as they go past it parked in a parking lot. Doesn't need to be but so big. I can understand Darryl rocking one that big though. I would discuss this with you on AIM, but I figure other people can add their 2 cents in also and get some better ideas.

shunut
06-20-2006, 04:52 PM
Thank you everyone for your suggestions but really I'm only looking for people who would be interested in putting one on their window. I'm going to work on the size and price. If I can get it down to a reasonable size and price who would want one?

Hossy
06-20-2006, 05:28 PM
id get one, if i could get a discount on some stuff there, depending on the price too i dont wanna spend 30 bucks on a sticker

bomberpilot07
06-20-2006, 05:42 PM
if you can get em smaller ill take one.. dont have that much room to put something on the back window of my blazer :p

timmyshoota
06-20-2006, 05:46 PM
Me and Josh have been talking about smaller ones. I think he's looking at pricing smaller ones, so when he does I'm sure he'll throw the quote up here.

claustrophobia9
06-20-2006, 05:56 PM
if i could get a discount on some stuff therelol clearly you havent seen the price durrel offers stuff for you....

Hossy
06-20-2006, 05:59 PM
lol i know, but im gonna buy a lot of stuff, and i need money for paint and all

leed
06-20-2006, 09:04 PM
To carry on with size complaining. If you could get some bumpersticker size, I would buy one, and put it in the rear side window, or the bottom left corner of the back window. Or just stick some on my room window.. :dodgy:

But there aren't many paintballers around here.

TacTownKilla
06-20-2006, 09:21 PM
I would rock one, timmyshoota is right tho smaller is better. Also guys 32 dollars is for five stickers not one.

leed
06-20-2006, 09:35 PM
Right now for 5 they are about $32 each.

If I'm thinking correctly.. That means, if he places an order for only 5 stickers, it will cost 32 each, if he buys more, the price for each goes down. If he buys less, the price will go up. I'm not sure what they're rates are per Mass amount, but if he buys 200, the price for each will be significantly less.

shunut
06-20-2006, 09:52 PM
Me and Josh have been talking about smaller ones. I think he's looking at pricing smaller ones, so when he does I'm sure he'll throw the quote up here.

Yes, chris and I were chatting about this a little bit and I printed out a couple smaller versions, to be exact a 8" version and a 10" version. The 8" was a little small and hard to read at about 15-20 feet but the 10" looked really good at about 15-20 feet. So the total size on that one would be 10" x ~4.7". The actual image size that will come out of that is about 9.75" x 4.5" because it will actually be cut out. I'll let everyone know when I have a new price, hopefully tomorrow or the next day.

And yes leed was correct it was $32 per sticker.

durrell
06-21-2006, 07:32 AM
That sounds way better, even in my opinion..that way you can put it in a corner or something instead of across the entire window.

shunut
06-21-2006, 09:00 AM
Ok, got this repriced out at the 10" x 4.75" size. I got it quoted at 10 stickers and it was $12.10 each sticker. So now for $12 each actually probably more like $13 to cover shipping to you. How many people would be interested in a sticker?

Also we have an option. The image of the gun in the middle of the state can be printed out in black or it can be simply cut out leaving a blank area where the gun it. I can't order some of one and some of the other so we will go with which one is preferred or we'll go with what ever D tells me to go with.

leed
06-21-2006, 09:37 AM
Count me in!

durrell
06-21-2006, 09:38 AM
I like the black gun, but whatever everyone else wants is a-OK with me. I'm just grateful so many people are willing to do it!

shunut
06-21-2006, 10:57 AM
D and I talked about it and we are just going to go with the black gun and not have it cut out, its the same price either way.

I'm going to place the order on Monday so if you want to get in on this first batch let me know, as soon as possible. Otherwise, for future orders I will only place them when the demand gets up to 10 stickers.

bigred76
06-22-2006, 12:05 AM
I would get some but I don't have a car to rock it on. :( Deffinately a good idea, Doc and Josh! I'm loving the design as well! :D

shunut
06-26-2006, 09:06 AM
Thanks Tim. Just placed an order for 10 of them. They said turn around time is 5-7 business days. I post them up in the BST sections as soon as I get them and can take a picture of one on my car.