PDA

View Full Version : Spyder Operating Pressure

M!KE
06-20-2006, 02:10 PM
Hi, I am new to paintball and am interested in getting an evil detonator regulator. I read the specs on it and says it regulates pressure between 100psi and 500psi. I was wondering if a stock spyder would run on that 500psi and if it doesnt what parts i would need to get it to run at that.

shunut
06-20-2006, 02:21 PM
Probably not. Out of the box spyders run at 800-850 psi.

ShadowX
06-20-2006, 02:38 PM
Well, Strangely enough, I have a Story..

I bought an AKA 2-Liter Reg (LP version 0-350 PSI) for my ION..

Well, When I need to lube it, I cannot lube it on the ION because the Reg oil that goes through the Reg can damage the ION's Soleniod..

So, I Put it on my Back-up E-Framed Spyder.. Has an ACS bolt, Spring kit, and E-frame.. Nothing else.. My Reg is supposed to top out at 350 PSI.. So, I lubed the Reg, Put it on the Spyder and turned it All the way up (which is supposeively 350 PSI).. It recocked.. And it seemed like it was shooting normal.. Weird, I know.. I didn't run any paint through it, But It dryfired about 300 Shots and no Burps or Jackhammers..

I have no guage on the Spyder so IDK What pressure the Reg is REALLY at when turned all the way up.. But, AKA says, for the LP version (which I have), it is 350 PSI..

So, All in all I have a Stock Spyder TL-X that recocks at 350 PSI.. :/

bungeye
06-20-2006, 09:03 PM
maby the reg provides constant pressure at a max of 350psi, but you could be runing at 800psi but it changes and isnt constant.

DRAGON
06-20-2006, 10:22 PM
.....Well, When I need to lube it, I cannot lube it on the ION because the Reg oil that goes through the Reg can damage the ION's Soleniod....

I'm thinking that can be negated if you use the correct oil. I doubt running 1 or 2 drops of say 20 weight 100% silicone oil through it will hurt it. They sell it for RC cars as shock lube for like $3 a bottle. You can get it at your local RC hobby shop in different weights from like 10w to 90w in increments of 5. I've used 50w on my Imp for the past 4 years and it has never missed a note -

EstebanFR
06-21-2006, 05:49 AM
Hi, i think that your spyder can maybe run at 500 PSI. Normaly, spyder run at 800 850 PSI. But 2 spyder rodeo or 2 spyder electra are...different. Yes, one can run at 800 and not under and the other, same model, can run a 500 or lower! Why? not exactly the same part inside. A friend of me hs a spyder rodeo and without any modification he can run his rodeo at 300 PSI without any problem. Yes, but the velocity is 250 260 FPS ;-).
So i think the best way to know, is to try.
And if u know a guy who have the same spyder like u, and if he cant go under 800 or 700 it meens nothing for u, u need to try on your gun.

good luck.

ShadowX
06-21-2006, 06:44 AM
I'm thinking that can be negated if you use the correct oil. I doubt running 1 or 2 drops of say 20 weight 100% silicone oil through it will hurt it. They sell it for RC cars as shock lube for like $3 a bottle. You can get it at your local RC hobby shop in different weights from like 10w to 90w in increments of 5. I've used 50w on my Imp for the past 4 years and it has never missed a note -

Yeah, Drago, The oil I am using in the Reg was this stuff I got straight from AKA.. They swore up and down that it was different from Gold Cup oil (which I have).. So I bought it for 11 Bucks shipped to my door.. Turns out it is Exactly the same as Gold Cup.. Heh..

But I would rather be safe than sorry.. And I learned that my Stock Spyder Can recock at 350-400 PSI.. Lol..

druid
06-21-2006, 09:43 AM
I had a Sonix (didn't cost me $200 though :D )that I put an assault block on and a torp...polished the internals and had it running at 300 psi...no other alterations. I traded it to Tim who spent more than the 20 mins I did on it and it recocked at around 175 psi or so...Tim...correct? I maight be slightly off on the psi...but it was loooooow....lol