PDA

View Full Version : Hm... Electronic Frame coming loose?!

EliteEagleX
06-19-2006, 09:03 PM
I noticed today that while firing about 200 test rounds to break in my gun, the E-Frame came loose.. no biggie I just tightend it down.. however if this happens in the middle of a game I'm basically screwed, Have any of YOU had this problem? After I rescrewed them in I haven't had a problem since then but I'm just wondering if someone has used Thread-Lock... however if I did that I would never be able to take the E-Frame off... ideas\comments?

Hossy
06-19-2006, 09:22 PM
yes, rarely, mostly from using full auto

the inside of ur gun maybe stripped, but i doubt it

EliteEagleX
06-20-2006, 10:03 AM
After owning a gun for only 4 days, that would just be sad lol

WhatThaSmurf
06-20-2006, 05:07 PM
Did you see if they were tight to start off with, seeing as you've only had it for 4 days. Sometimes screws can be a little loose when you get the marker.

EliteEagleX
06-20-2006, 11:35 PM
Nah, as I said I already retightned them and so far they have been fine. I normally go throgh about 1,000 Paintballs before I take it to the field to make sure it's fine and then I get it chronoed. Having problems on the field is horrible. Most likely they were loosend during shipping.

druid
06-21-2006, 12:20 AM
to fix that, get 2 split ring washers called "lock washers'...when tight, they spring the screw head away from the body to hold it tighter...

ooglieboogliebob
06-21-2006, 10:16 AM
Yep ... lock washers are ususally what i use ... or a lock washer and a different screw ...

Here's what a lockwasher looks like ... larger and a smaller one ... the smaller one is ususally what i put on for my frames ... have a whole bunch in my garage :p
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j264/ooglieboogliebob/Picture20.jpg

ShadowX
06-21-2006, 10:27 AM
Brand New Kingman guns come with lock washer things on the Trigger frame screws..

Except the ones Kingman has on the screws are shaped like a star.. Kind of like those throwing stars the Ninja's use.. Lol..

druid
06-21-2006, 10:48 AM
Except the ones Kingman has on the screws are shaped like a star.. Kind of like those throwing stars the Ninja's use.. Lol..

the you could only use it on a Ninja gun :dodgy:

EliteEagleX
06-21-2006, 09:38 PM
My gun HAS those locks on it, but those are NOT on the E-Frame, E-Frame is a hex set, look at the gun, the ones you are talking about are the silver screws which are normal philps head, those are on the gun Itself NOT the E-Frame, either way it's fine now, thx every1 P.S. How can I tell how up-to-date this gun is? I think it's an 05-06 gun but I'm not sure.. It's green\black\silver with a milled green sight. Def the sexist spyder I have seen yet