PDA

View Full Version : X-ball bronze

ross * pilot
06-18-2006, 03:22 PM
hey guys, just a question

how are xball bronze paintballs??

do you prefere them over nelson nelsplat?

thanks

vikingshadow
06-18-2006, 03:24 PM
I like Bronze a lot. One of my top 3 paints...only problem with them is that they are very tiny! You better have a small barrel or a kit if you want to shoot them!

I also like Nelsplat a lot - the fill is much thicker in the Nelsplat, and I found the Xball to be more round more consistantly, but the Nelsplat is really decent in that category as well.

You won't go wrong with either one.

ross * pilot
06-18-2006, 03:33 PM
i have a 16'' progressive, would xball bronze fly decently with that barrel?'

vikingshadow
06-18-2006, 03:38 PM
The paint itself flies really well. I'm not sure about the barrel, although I don't see why wouldn't unless the barrel is like gigantically enormous with the paint.

I played a tournament (about 50* and cloudy) with Xball bronze and my All American barrel - only problem I had with it was that I couldn't get consistant speed over the chrono - it was all really slow because the balls were so small. Paint flew very straight and broke easily though.

ross * pilot
06-19-2006, 10:07 AM
out of all 3 paints, nelson nelsplat, xball bronze and dusk, which do you prefer. it would be great if i could get a lot of opinons...

thanks guys

vikingshadow
06-19-2006, 01:16 PM
Well, if I had to chose between the three, I'd look at the price first, then look to see if I have a barrel to fit any or all of them. Then, if it came down to it, I'd probably pick the Xball...

ross * pilot
06-19-2006, 01:49 PM
ok, many of the people say it has a brittle shell. Does this mean its more likely to break in barrel/gun?

Which of the 3 is least likely to break in barrel/gun

thanks

vikingshadow
06-19-2006, 01:54 PM
That's kind of a tough question. It depends on the actual paint you buy - how old it is, how round it is, what the temp and humidity is the day you're shooting, how well the paint fits your barrel.

I never had Xball break in my barrel, but I only shot it with my Shocker which is pretty low pressure. I'm thinking they all stand about as much chance of breaking on any given day.

Best thing to do is just buy some of each and test it out yourself.