PDA

View Full Version : For the Ion

Paradox313
06-18-2006, 02:40 PM
I am looking to invest in a '06 Pro Ion
its basically an ion with upgrades already installed like a drop forward, AsA w/on,off, a jr. freak barrell and a blue body costing $300
now would that be a good investment or should i just buy a different marker

basically all im asking is what are the pros and cons of ions, and for the upgrades already installed is it a good deal

druid
06-18-2006, 03:05 PM
www.ionowners.com (http://www.ionowners.com)

Ion's a tool, just like any other marker. It's what YOU make of it.

Is it worth it? Absolutely...so long as you take care of it and perform the proper [preventive]maintenence on it.

The pro is a good start because it incorporates the most common upgrades.

Paradox313
06-18-2006, 03:12 PM
if you would could you give me a list of a good maintainence
lube this
change this
upgrade this

ShadowX
06-18-2006, 05:08 PM
http://www.zdspb.com/tech/mguide/ion/index.html

That has EVERYTHING on any Smart Parts marker..

It covers disassembling, reassembling, lubing, cleaning, and Everything else you need to know..

The home page to that site is:

www.zdspb.com

ShadowX
06-18-2006, 05:10 PM
http://www.zdspb.com/tech/mguide/ion/maintenance_bolt.html

That is the Mac Daddy link right there.. It tells you everything you need to know about how to clean it and lube it and also how to assemble/disassemble it..

Ace24
06-18-2006, 06:48 PM
How about upgrading everything? Your going to need to put alot of upgrades in it to get it to the point of higher end markers. Although the pro is better then the regular... idk. its up to you. Personally I am sticking with the Fenix I have.

druid
06-18-2006, 07:31 PM
[quote=Paradox313]if you would could you give me a list of a good maintainence like:
Since you are looking at the Pro...you don't need much else...

lube this
Regulator - every 800 shots until broken in (between 2 and 5 cases) then at the end of every game day or every 1500 shots on scenario days/huge games/weekenders.
Bolt - Forward section from the Oring forward, all Orings on center and tail section...about every 1000 shots or so.
change this
Feedneck - get one that's lower profile like a T-Lock or something similar that's Impulse Threaded.
Grips - Something visually stimulating if that's your choice. The stock grips feel fine though.
upgrade this
Not much left...get HPA or antisiphon all CO2 tanks that will be used on it. Take it to the proshop to set it up the right way...prolly cost $20 per tank or so...
There's Virtue, TBoard, Black Heart, Lucky Stage 4 (soon) boards that you can install if you want/need a faster than 17bps semi. You'll need at least a "Y" boarded Egg/12V Revvi for the stock board or a Z-Boarded egg/Ripped Halo/Reloader B for a faster board (depending on the BPS).
The stock reg works fine but it's ugly with or without the cover. If you want to change it, Evolve Pi, AKA 2 Liter, CP regs are good.
Stock detents are fine but will wear out about every 5 cases. Killa Detents and NDZ are good replacements.
[/quote

Paradox313
06-18-2006, 08:12 PM
thanks druid
i might but a ion pro with a cp short reg