PDA

View Full Version : Photo nazis?

timmyshoota
06-18-2006, 09:34 AM
Anyone in here big into photography? I know I've seen a few people post some of their photos. I just ordered a 350D w/ a 18-55mm lens and a 1GB CF card. Should be here by the end of the week. I'm going be doing a lot of car/bike photoshoots and am really interested in doing paintball photography. After my next paycheck in 3 weeks I'll be ordering a Canon 75-300 f/4 4.0-5.6 lens to better shoot paintball. Gonna also probably shoot other local sports. For right now I'm gonna do it as a hobby, but hopefully as my skills go up I can make some money off of it, like selling team CDs after tourneys and whatnot. I could also do photoshoots for teams at practices for their resumes they send to sponsors. Photography is a big thing on a local car forum, and its gotten me really interested in it. Hope to have some work to post in the next few weeks. I've been having trouble finding something to persue in life, but I'd really like it to be in the paintball field. This may be my way in.

claustrophobia9
06-18-2006, 09:38 AM
i dont know what photos have to do with an oppressive governmental party, but im looking forward to some cool pics of paintball

timmyshoota
06-18-2006, 09:47 AM
Photo nazi's is what they call the people on the local forum who are big into photography. They are always the ones saying "Your white balance is off" or "Bump your ISO up next time". Instead of the normal people who just go "cool pics" they are the ones finding the little things and giving critisism

DyNasty9
06-18-2006, 09:51 AM
my dads a professional photographer. lol but i dont know a ton about it.

emf7301
06-18-2006, 10:05 AM
Have you ever heard of Skip ****stein. He took photos at my cousin's wedding. He's friggin unbelievable. He uses Nikon equipment and a lot of his photos make it into their brochures(sp). He works for a newspaper in New York but also does work for my uncle's (he's the head publisher) horse racing magazine The Bloodhorse shooting a lot of the major races. I am in awe of his photography skills. :jawdrop:

Edit: his last name is d-i-c-kstein. just in case the filter cut it out.

xNinja-Dolphinx
06-18-2006, 10:27 AM
Yea im into photography, I have a little Kodak Z740 but am saving for a Rebel XT. I actually want to do it professionally after high school

timmyshoota
06-18-2006, 11:03 AM
I've been wanting to get a camera for awhile now. This is the first time I've been able to do it financially. I was looking on FredMiranda.com for a used camera, but when I started looking at new ones, I realized my budget allowed me to get a brand new one and get a warranty. Also came with a mail in $100 rebate. That'll go towards getting the zoom telephoto lens. I talked with one of the photo heads that I know and he said the 350D(Rebel XT) would be the best in my budget. I'm excited to get it.

xNinja-Dolphinx
06-18-2006, 11:19 AM
Yea the 350D is what im looking at for the best in terms of picture of the starter D-SLR's. The only thing that slightly deters me is that supposedly it feels small

timmyshoota
06-18-2006, 11:32 AM
Yeah, thats what my friend said. He said he didn't like it because he's got big hands. I'm got small hands so it shouldn't be a problem. If it ever does though, I will do like him and sell the body and pick up a 20D body.

xNinja-Dolphinx
06-18-2006, 11:37 AM
Yea i have big hands to, but i figure the end product will be better so i'll just deal with it until i get rich one day...

timmyshoota
06-18-2006, 11:51 AM
My friend is the same type of build as you, but he's a bit bigger, so it might or might not be a problem for you. I'll let you know how I like it when I get it. I've handled a 20D before so we'll see how it compares.

newkid
06-18-2006, 04:48 PM
at first i thoght u wanted pics of nazis