PDA

View Full Version : orings on the acs bolt

Halucin8
06-18-2006, 09:07 AM
I cut 2 orings grooves on the acs bolt saturday and played today. Not sure if it was a good idea. I did 2 many things new at one time. switched to zap paintballs and they were bigger than the monster balls i was using. also the new orings on the bolt. i chopped a ball early in the day and didn't notice that it was all up in the feedneck. not the hopper neck only the neck of the gun. and chopped for a while after until i got everything cleaned out. have to do some more testing but ran prolloy 700-1000 rounds total today. will get pivcs either tonight or later tommorrow

Hob Hayward
06-18-2006, 09:37 AM
I think one of the possible problems with o-rings on the ACS would be the spring in it depressing from the friction of the o-rings whihc would lead to the bolt not being all the way forwards when firing.

Halucin8
06-18-2006, 05:30 PM
That is one of the things that i am/was/will continue to be worried about. Just had to try it. Why buy a new bolt if i can make the one i got do what I want it to do.

Halucin8
06-25-2006, 03:54 PM
well it is official(atleast for me) oring grooves on the acs bolt does not work. Once again i chopped all day. Tried 4 different kinds of paint one at a time. slow shooting works great. any kind of rapid firing and the thing double feeds. i assume from the drag of the orings on the spring on the acs bolt. now looking for a rear cocking bolt to put in my pilot

Sandman_Bravo
06-25-2006, 05:38 PM
Well, it didn't work but at least you tried something different. That's how great new ideas are designed, trial & error. I commend you, man.

Halucin8
06-26-2006, 09:32 PM
i appreciate the sentiments but it is frushstrating cause i took another bolt and cut the grooves exactly to same dimensions as a bolt from an e-99 and just knew it was gonna work. Oh well on to the next idea anyways. Also found a rear cocking bolt.

Sandman_Bravo
06-27-2006, 05:53 PM
Why can't you take out the spring and make it a standard, non-acs bolt with o-rings? I wonder if a stiffer spring would help?

DRAGON
06-27-2006, 05:58 PM
So you made these grooves on a lathe to the exact tolerences of a normal bolt or rigged it?

Halucin8
06-27-2006, 09:58 PM
i used a lathe that is accurate to the .0000 of an inch. i have a complete machine shop available and if i can't do it i have people that work there that can

Halucin8
06-27-2006, 10:01 PM
if you went to a stiffer spring it would be like an unbroken in acs bolt. And why convert it to a standard bolt if stock ones are easy and cheap to find to modify. But someone else can mess with it if they want to i might be convinced to send someone my old bolt for a stock rear cocking bolt with no venturi. I just got a bob long cyclone for cheap knowing i will have to remove the venturi

TheObserver032
06-30-2006, 08:19 PM
I cut 2 orings grooves on the acs bolt saturday and played today. Not sure if it was a good idea. I did 2 many things new at one time. switched to zap paintballs and they were bigger than the monster balls i was using. also the new orings on the bolt. i chopped a ball early in the day and didn't notice that it was all up in the feedneck. not the hopper neck only the neck of the gun. and chopped for a while after until i got everything cleaned out. have to do some more testing but ran prolloy 700-1000 rounds total today. will get pivcs either tonight or later tommorrow

:) the monster balls i was using :) , i know its kinda off topic in the spyder section, but did ur Pilot ACS work good with them, and did u get a new barrel =)