PDA

View Full Version : Curious as to what guns you all started off with.

Ace24
06-17-2006, 10:22 PM
I dont know how old all of you are, but I thought it would be cool to make a thread about the first gun you guys got and what your impression of it was. Then what you thought when you saw new guns come out!

My first gun was a brass eagle pump. I thought it was the **** because I had a little sight thingy on it and none of my friends did. I also had rambo skills... (I used to jump out of bushes and go crazy emptying pods as fast as I could at near-to point blank) Then I used a Victor... lmao the Victor is so crappy compared to the newer guns now lol.

The Pink Panther
06-17-2006, 10:28 PM
me tinks this came from our other conversation...:dodgy:

walmart blade for me
when i saw a semi auto my mind was blown

Nader
06-17-2006, 11:31 PM
I had a red spyder compact...good gun. I was sooo excited when I first got it on eBay...and me and my friends would all go up in the woods and play. Good stuff.

bigred76
06-18-2006, 12:24 AM
I picked up an M98 locally in a Power Pack for $60, and loved it. Absolutely nothing wrong with it, but I got an urge to see how fast I could shoot, so I picked up an E-Spyder, an Imagine. My first impression on setting foot on the speedball field for the first time was "OMFG, what the hell is that THING?!" (I was looking at an Impulse guy talking to a 'Cocker dude, just couldn't figure out how their guns worked! The bolt moved without a spring!)

UKwithPride
06-18-2006, 12:29 AM
Brass eagle pump gun
then a spyder compact 2in1
then a RF cocker
then upgraded thar a bit
then a TES
then a T1
then I now have my Ion.

hodni_sania
06-18-2006, 03:28 AM
Ras Intruder is what i had first. Good gun in it never broke down in the middle of a game but the first time i played a speedball game I knew i needed better.

Eaglelox
06-18-2006, 06:52 AM
Splatmaster:D

vikingshadow
06-18-2006, 07:01 AM
Viewloader Triad (returned for the 2nd one)
Viewloader Triad (returned and tried to get money back)

Then, quickly moved on to:

Spyder Sonix (LONNNG story - but upgraded totally to LP)
Spyder Victor (wife's gun, but I used/use it!)
Dragun TES (awesome blowback - upgraded somewhat)
Dragun T1 (1st electro-pneu - totally upgraded)
Dragun T1 (liked the first one so much, bought another one!)
SP Shocker
WDP 04 Angel Speed
CCI Phantom

taurinic
06-18-2006, 07:40 AM
Walmart Xtra
Dragun TES
a couple more spyders
ION
Matrix
custom Timmy

marvin-martian
06-18-2006, 07:57 AM
TL plus for the win

Hob Hayward
06-18-2006, 08:00 AM
Spyder Imagine
Still upping the ^
CCI Phantom

ricochet08
06-18-2006, 08:54 AM
started off wit the ol' Blade pump from walmart.
then i bought a Marauder from a friend of mine for $25. then sold it :p
next up was my imagine :D
lastly, my tagmaster :cool:

schock
06-18-2006, 11:42 AM
brass eagle avenger2 pack for $200 (haha big 5 ripped me off... but i was a newb and didnt know better)
then a tippmann98 custom w/flatline for $125
now spyder pilot acs w/48ci 3000psi tank for $180

colonel_moo
06-18-2006, 12:20 PM
spyder compact deluxe (still have it)
03 VF cocker, upgraded until only body, hammer, and frame were stock
dye matrix (current gun, had it for over a year, still absolutely love it)
tippmann SL-68II (current money-saver)

Ace24
06-18-2006, 12:22 PM
Oh ****!

http://www.io.com/~tsair/sl68ii.jpg
one of those? lol Thats a sweet pump. Someone made a SPAS shotgun out of one:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/bbc_league/09df4c80.jpg

EDIT!

Look at this site... and the effing sweet guns. Some people have some serious time and great talent to convert these guns into what they are. Look at the 98 Custom/Tommy Gun!

http://www3.sympatico.ca/bbc_league/id30.htm

Recon by Fire
06-18-2006, 07:30 PM
I started off with a PT Extreme that I received for free. But that was just to plink around with (one of the few that actually hada good valve in it!). My first marker for actual play though was a Spyder AMG Classic.

Frat
06-18-2006, 08:43 PM
Pirahnna Long barrel with 40 round hopper and 10, 10 shot tubes walked onto the field with 140 rounds of paint and if I had fired 300 balls in a day, it was a bad day. Paint was $11 for a bag of 100. Co2 refills ran about $3 if I remember right per fill and the walk on fee was $15.

druid
06-19-2006, 04:59 AM
I have a hard time remembering what I did yesterday...let alone name a marker from 1986...I remember it was a lever, 12 gram, left grip panel opened for the CO2 cartridge...I believe it was a nelly 007 because while mine had a lever...others just like it had this pump handle. It had regular iron sights on front and back that the back were adjustable. Integrated barrel (not removable) and was dead-on at like 30 feet.

ShadowX
06-19-2006, 05:26 AM
I started with a Spyder Victor.. They had JUST came out and I bought one literally the Month they came out.. That was the Victor 1 also, No Fore Grip..

And I still have it! Well, Only about half of it.. My friends used to come over to my house to play and it ended up being the Parts gun.. Lol..

Great gun though..

Ace24
06-19-2006, 06:05 AM
I started with a Spyder Victor.. They had JUST came out and I bought one literally the Month they came out.. That was the Victor 1 also, No Fore Grip..

I had to use one of those on a rainy day when I first started playing.. You had to hold onto the CO2 bottle because there was no fore grip/ expansion chamber... Those things are cold on the hand when its rainy out...

thechubbss12
06-19-2006, 08:01 AM
Humm lets seen i started when i was 13.... played first torney when i was 14 (Blowback division (rockin the half LP victor))... Now im 16.... just incase you were curious.

First gun i had was the BE Eradicator package... First day i had it i took it apart and found out what made it work.

2. Victor (took it LP)
3. Mongoose (took it LP)
4. 2k1 timmy (got rid of that quickly)
5. Raven Primal (almost as upped as i can go) I still got her
6. T-1 spyder (almost as far as she can go) Still got her too

TequilaSun1022
06-19-2006, 10:30 AM
black Spyder Sonix. good gun, i was jus lookin for a lil more

Chris Cole
06-19-2006, 03:24 PM
E-99 - pimped out, anyone want to buy it? ;)
2 Millys
The Imp

claustrophobia9
06-19-2006, 07:03 PM
pump- blade
semi- blackmaxx
rental- raptor tl field edition

shunut
06-19-2006, 10:23 PM
Started out with a Spyder Shutter. Then I found this place and slowly built a eTLX, part by part. After I was tired of that one, I parted it out and bought a 06 Ego. Just got done building another gun, those who know me know what it is the rest of you will just have to wait for it to get back from anno.

thebiest
06-20-2006, 03:40 PM
i just got a spyder mr2 on ebay, and i am so excited, its my first gun too. im trippin it out with a scope and a remote air system. it rocks

ooglieboogliebob
06-20-2006, 07:57 PM
1.tl-x (LP ... t-board soon got from a special someone)
2.compact 2in1 (still have)
3.BE eradicator (sold ... tested once)
4.Mech Imagine (sold ... tested once)
5.03 Vert 'Cocker

newkid
06-21-2006, 07:04 PM
I just started paintballin about 6 months ago and have a spyder sonix
[QUOTE=ricochet08]then i bought a Marauder from a friend of mine for $25. then sold it :pQUOTE] I would've sold that peice of junk too :D

pman15
06-21-2006, 07:59 PM
Viewloader Triad (returned for the 2nd one)
Viewloader Triad (returned and tried to get money back)

Then, quickly moved on to:

Spyder Sonix (LONNNG story - but upgraded totally to LP)
Spyder Victor (wife's gun, but I used/use it!)
Dragun TES (awesome blowback - upgraded somewhat)
Dragun T1 (1st electro-pneu - totally upgraded)
Dragun T1 (liked the first one so much, bought another one!)
SP Shocker
WDP 04 Angel Speed
CCI Phantom

and as we all know vike loves his shocker,angel and phantom very much,lol:D

vikingshadow
06-21-2006, 08:05 PM
and as we all know vike loves his shocker,angel and phantom very much,lol:D

I like all my guns very much. I wouldn't have had them if I didn't.

pman15
06-21-2006, 08:20 PM
ya i'd love having a shocker,angel,and a phantom,all great guns vike

Aedonite
06-23-2006, 11:51 AM
I started off with a Tippy 98c. Over the course of time I upgraded it and had many a good time with it but it's days with me were numbered. I sold it last year to a coworker and have been shot with it a time or two since.

After the 98c I got:

Avalon Combat-I won this in a raffle. It was a piece of garbage and that's where it ended up.

Pirahna Rental-Bought this slightly upgraded fish for my daughter. She enjoyed it but eventually decided to sell it to a friend who had a Brass Eagle something or another.

Spyder Sonix-This baby killed my affair with my Tippy. I'm completely devoted to her and will never give her up.

Pirahna EXT PRO G3-Another fish for my daughter. It's upgraded and is still my daughters favorite marker. It's proven itself to be very tough and dependable.

Kingman Hammer P-Bought this off eBay so I could say I owned a pump. Has never had a ball thru it while I've owned it.

Spyder AMG-Bought this because I am so in love with what used to be Whyttrash's AMG that I planned to do the same thing but it never happened so I sold it to a friend of mine.

Black Magic Autococker-Won this in a raffle. Never played with it. Sold/traded it.

System X Autococker-Got this so I could say I was a cocker owner. Played with it once and decided I wasn't a cocker guy. It's still in a box somewhere.

Piranha E-Force VTL-I enjoyed my daughters fish so much that I got my own. After some upgrades this baby just plain rocked for me! This is another marker I never would have parted with but she took a nasty fall off a short cliff and was never the same again. I had to strip her down for parts.

Piranha EVO-Bought this to replace my other fish. Her name is Bobbi 'Vo, she's upgraded and another marker that I wont give up.

Odyssey Torid X-Another marker for my daughter. Used it once, decided she liked the EXT PRO better and so it too is in a box somewhere.

Piranha VTL-Bought 2 of these for cheap to use as loaners.

ICD BKO-Bought this and sent it off to Vaporworks for PDS and other upgrades. It's a very slick marker and about as 'high-end' as I need.

Spyder Victor-Bought this thinking I had a plan. I didn't. Sold it within a week.

PMI Trracer-My intro into pumps. I bought off of ebay and then a few weeks later bumped into the guy I bought it from. It ain't the best pump but it ain't bad.

Kingman Hammer Plus-I own 2 of these, one black and the other green. The green one (named Envy) is now finished with upgrades so the next step is to feed her air and paint.

WGP Ranger-Another pump from ebay. Upgraded and ready for more paintball action.

Ace24
06-23-2006, 09:14 PM
Wow you have owned alot. lol

You sound like the guy to talk to about painting my gun. I want to paint it hammered metal black, PM me to help me out on instructions.

timmyshoota
06-23-2006, 09:32 PM
Spyder Imagine (old school kind)
Spyder AMG LCD (fully upped)
04 ICD BKO (fully upped)
04 Angel Speed (fully upped minus fly conversion)
04 Shocker (moderately upped)
Ion (bone stock)
Phantom VSC .45
DM4 (fully upped)
Alias Timmy (fully upped yet again)
Alias Timmy (pretty nicely upped, but not fully)
06 Angel Speed (stock, but a face mower)
05 Dynasty Shocker (stock)
05 Ego

Yeah, and I'm not done yet. Thats ~10k worth of guns going on their brand new retails at the time I owned them. The first three on the list I had for 2 years total between them. The next 10 I had in a years time. I borrowed markers before then. If I didn't waste my money on other things, I'd have double that amount of markers by now.

pman15
06-24-2006, 01:54 PM
started of wit a tippmann 98 coustom.]
then a spyder pilot acs.
now i'm gonna get a shocker vision{on ebay}

viperx6x9x
06-24-2006, 03:34 PM
Yeah i just recently got into this stuff. i remember seeing all those old school brass eagle pumps yall are talking about though. But yeah first gun is an 06 pilot acs red/black. il probly up it a bit and use it for speedball. and get some scenario something another for my woodsball gun. i like sniping so fast rate of fire is of no interest to me in woods, any ideas?

Ace24
06-24-2006, 09:19 PM
Get a Spec Opps "Longbow" You have like 20 balls in a clip thingy, but its the most accurate sniping paintball gun out there.

nbishop66
06-26-2006, 02:33 AM
Brass Eagle King Cobra Pump for me back in 87' or 88' with a constant air adaptor. I added a Daisy Stock with a 14 oz bottle mounted under the stock. I wish I had that gun today. I sold it to one of my buds and he tossed it. That lasted about 2 years, then I bought a Line SI Bushmaster Deluxe 14" barrel. I wish I still this one to. I sold it to another friend of mine when I started to have kids in 92' and it's MIA. Probably lost in one of his moves, or his wife made him get rid of it.

claustrophobia9
06-26-2006, 05:55 AM
its the most accurate sniping paintball gun out there.:dodgy: ugh

advice-knowlege= your post

Hossy
06-26-2006, 06:43 AM
lol claus is right again :up:

xsgmike66x
06-26-2006, 12:12 PM
i had a veiwloader genisis
then JT accelleratior 3.0
next Spyder Agressor
then Spyder X-tra (old style)
and now i still have a Spyder imagine(old kind)

TacTownKilla
06-26-2006, 03:02 PM
Get a Spec Opps "Longbow" You have like 20 balls in a clip thingy, but its the most accurate sniping paintball gun out there.

:dodgy:

bamf-hacker
06-26-2006, 07:45 PM
started playing over 10 years ago with rental pumps then went on a long hyatus... The guys I played with thought it hurt to much.

So I decided to jump back in last year and I got myself a Rodeo (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showpost.php?p=3864&postcount=18) and up'd it 100%. Now I shoot "Lisa" (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=4020) my up'd Ion.

HacKeR

sportz8978
06-27-2006, 05:59 PM
i started out with something called a stingray :)

wylde01
06-27-2006, 08:12 PM
my first gun i got was about 1 1/2 years ago and it was a
fenix acs(sold it to my dad to get money for)
mr2(lovin it but about to get an)
electra 06

Ace24
06-27-2006, 09:39 PM
:dodgy:
What? You dont like the longbow? I've been sniped by one before and have shot one before... they are beasts.

TheRogueGnome
06-28-2006, 09:19 AM
started with a brass eagle talon. played with this with family and friends alot .. it was awesome..then moved up to the brass eagle stingray2 semi..loved them for a bit (still have 2 of them) then upgraded to a tippman 98. used it while i was in the AF and loved it..used it until 2 months ago and got a MR1 with a halo hopper and a empire twist barrell..lovin every minute of it its awesome..

claustrophobia9
06-29-2006, 06:28 AM
I've been sniped by one before and have shot one before
I've been trying to wipe my mind of your previous statemt at the psychaitrist for the past week and now you come back to say this... :dodgy:

the longbow is a noob combo designed to be bought by any noob who has money and wants to be a "sniper", which this is going to break your heart... in paintball, cant be determined by a marker. the fact is that in real life snipers base their guns on long range, fairly high powered shots, the truth in paintball is that nothing is really "more powerful" and nothing really shoots a consistantly far distance (if you say ANYTHING about the flatline i will throw myself down the stairs) the fact is that the long bow LOOKS like a "sniper rifle" but because of its principal isnt any of the following:

desirable by those who concider themselves "paintball snipers" because of the fact that it is heavy, large, etc

the fact that its 20inch barrel only serves you in one porpose, getting the ball 8-6inches closer to your oponent and wasting the amount of air that is required to get the ball to 300fps while fighting the friction of the barrel.

just because you shot one, and got "sniped" doesnt make it even a decent gun. and you reccomending a marker thats only true benefit is that it is an automag (which you can buy for half the price) for nearly 900 blows my mind... if you want to reccomend a 900 dollar marker, shoot some that actually perform at a standard for 900 buck markers.

you are lucky, because on pbn most memebers wouldnt even dignify a response to that. no offense but it really does help to know what your are talking about before you start talking about it (take it from me... i made that same mistake when i came here)

ShadowX
06-29-2006, 06:32 AM
But what about the Flatline Claus.. :dodgy:

claustrophobia9
06-29-2006, 06:36 AM
But what about the Flatline Claus.. :dodgy:
flatline is based on the principal of gravity because the spin of the ball fights gravity, unfortunately gravity only goes down, not down and 3* to the left. so if by some miracle tippman perfectly aligned the flatline with the top of your marker, if you tilt it even 1 degree while firing your shots will curve in a pattern not consistant with the desired trajectory. normal paintball guns lob at the same trajectory everyshot.

Hob Hayward
06-29-2006, 07:21 AM
Indeed, aligning a flatline is a *****.

claustrophobia9
06-29-2006, 07:34 AM
Indeed, aligning a flatline is a *****.
the common misconception is that it only needs to be mechanically aligned, but really you need to align it each time you pull the trigger.

Hob Hayward
06-29-2006, 07:42 AM
Why now? I know that the way the flatline works it effects each ball slightly differently so the accuracy can never be the best, but, why would you need to align it after every shot?

claustrophobia9
06-29-2006, 08:47 AM
Why now? I know that the way the flatline works it effects each ball slightly differently so the accuracy can never be the best, but, why would you need to align it after every shot?
do you have one? shoot it gankster style and see how much the flatline effects the shot... thats an extreme case of what i'm saying, YOU as a shooter need to keep the top up (which with an offset feed is a bit harder than one would think)

Hob Hayward
06-29-2006, 09:31 AM
Ah yes, I don't have one, but two of my friends do...

STRIKEFIRST
06-29-2006, 09:40 AM
Splatmaster marking pistol:)
>PMI Traccer pump:mad:
>>Taso Vindicator pump with Constant air and a 20" barrel:D
>>>JT excellerator 3.5e:(
>>>>05 pilot ACS (LP):D

WhatThaSmurf
06-29-2006, 02:02 PM
if you say ANYTHING about the flatline i will throw myself down the stairs
what about the stairs claus?!
you are lucky, because on pbn most memebers wouldnt even dignify a response to that. no offense but it really does help to know what your are talking about before you start talking about it (take it from me... i made that same mistake when i came here)
honestly when i saw his post, i lol'd so hard i did a rofl-copter

yamaha cow
06-29-2006, 03:54 PM
my first gun was a spyder e-99,
KNow i have a MR1,piranha G3,and a warsensor zeus g1+

claustrophobia9
06-29-2006, 05:32 PM
what about the stairs claus?! i said if he asks.. if you ask again.. ill fall UP the stairs

WhatThaSmurf
06-29-2006, 09:55 PM
well, if you promise to get it on video, i'll say it again just to see you fall up the stairs

Ace24
07-03-2006, 03:57 PM
flatline is based on the principal of gravity because the spin of the ball fights gravity, unfortunately gravity only goes down, not down and 3* to the left. so if by some miracle tippman perfectly aligned the flatline with the top of your marker, if you tilt it even 1 degree while firing your shots will curve in a pattern not consistant with the desired trajectory. normal paintball guns lob at the same trajectory everyshot.
I hate flatlines...