PDA

View Full Version : welll this sucks

The Pink Panther
06-17-2006, 07:59 PM
alright so my mom says that we have a family reunion thing to go to next week and i was pretty pissed that i would have to go spend 8 days w/ people i didnt even know...and then she mentions that my cousins are bringing up their paintball guns so i get a little more happy but i still have only seen them a couple times in my life...sooo its now a couple weeks later and were going next week but anyways,,,my mom starts telling me how all the adults wanted in on the paintballing and they all wanted to do it too so now thats one of the major things were doing up there :D :D ....but they all have no guns and so there making me order gun packages for everyone so im in charge of ordering about 10 guns....just some victor packages.....and my mom was all well why dont u just sell one of them your imagine and then we will get u an ion and stuff....so shes all asking people if they wanna buy mine and all that good stuff....but then my dad comes in the picture and says we dont have enough money to go around for that high price of a gun (which isnt really that much after selling mine) and that he's decided that instead of spending the money on an ion that hes going to get a membership to a shooting range which is gay for me....and by the way my dad is agoraphobic (sp?) sleep apnea...chronic fatigue syndrom....and nerve damage in his arms....so i dont get why he's getting a membership when i just know hes gonna not go that much...

dont really know the point of this but now u know

Hossy
06-17-2006, 08:01 PM
Offical Flame Thread FTW

that sucks tho

The Pink Panther
06-17-2006, 08:26 PM
hmm..didnt even thnk about it

emf7301
06-17-2006, 08:50 PM
yea, Flame thread. That's the purpose of it. Now you know, just remember to use it next time. :D

Yea, life sux sometimes but you just gotta deal with it and move on.

The Pink Panther
06-17-2006, 08:58 PM
no its not that it sucks its just that that was a cruel joke...well not really a joke but same thing

Ace24
06-17-2006, 09:11 PM
Well... victor packages are really ****ty.. you can get good enough guns that are better then stock victor's for around the same price... maybe a little more. I would look into better guns.

I know how you feel with the whole parents dissagreeing thingy, just talk to them and tell them how you feel about the shooting range b.s.

Have fun shooting your relitives.. I wish I could do that sometimes haha.

The Pink Panther
06-17-2006, 09:14 PM
ok well they dont want nicer guns because they have never played before and if they dont like it they dont wanna be stuck w/ spending all that money...

Ace24
06-17-2006, 09:16 PM
I know, I am saying, for the same price as you get the victor packages, you can get a better gun. But considering that they might not want to play again, the victor is cheap enough where you can sell it at a garage sale or throw it out haha.

I say, you get them pumps... the wallmart ones, then when you have tormented them enough, get out the semi auto victors. Just to screw with their heads...

The Pink Panther
06-17-2006, 09:18 PM
wait....for the price of the victor package u could get a package w/ a better gun??

Ace24
06-17-2006, 09:23 PM
I am pretty sure. Research a little before you buy them. I think you can get 98C packages for about the same price now. Not sure anyway.

But IMO 98C stock is better then the victor. I had to use one of those pea shooters the first time I played and the balls kept dropping and chopping and I wanted to chuck the gun.

Ace24
06-17-2006, 09:26 PM
OK nvm... the tippman 98 is only sold with the ACT now... so its like 169ish lol. While a Victor II package is $69.

I'm still looking to see if there are any other packages for the same or similar price.

http://www.xpaintball.com/spydervictorii.html

The Pink Panther
06-17-2006, 09:28 PM
http://www.famousguy.com/servlet/Detail?no=22 victor packages
http://www.famousguy.com/servlet/Detail?no=24 98C packages

look at the difference in price

Ace24
06-17-2006, 09:31 PM
rofl thats like twice the price.. Yeah... I thought they were cheaper. My friend got a 98C new for $50 so I was under the impression that a package would run around $70 or so.

Ok so your paying 82.50 a package for the victors.

The Pink Panther
06-17-2006, 09:36 PM
ya and it comes w/ a 20oz. co2, hopper, and elbow...also free shipping (since thats where it hurts the most)...where the site u gave only had the gun and mask

The Pink Panther
06-17-2006, 09:37 PM
if u can find anything better lemmmmmme know

Ace24
06-17-2006, 09:43 PM
Yeah I am searching and the best I can find is Brass eagle and Parana rofl. (Parana is a spyders ****ty uncle, and brass eagle will break if you fart on it.)

The Pink Panther
06-17-2006, 09:45 PM
haha my older brother got a tiger shark when i was like really young and i thought it was the best gun in the world...then i got a blade pump...thought it was even cooler cuz u could see through it....then i heard of a gun that u didnt have to load for each shot!!!!!!! wow those were the days

Ace24
06-17-2006, 09:51 PM
OMG my bro had an old Brass Eagle pump... I bought him a scope for the sight rail and everything rofl. (seeing as the plastic pumps couldnt shoot over 30 feet or so the sight was useless) I used to love shooting squirrels with that thing lol. Then I used a ORIGONAL Victor and loved it at first, then it started burping and chopping and firing loopy balls that I thought would come back and hit me.

The Pink Panther
06-17-2006, 09:53 PM
i remember the first time a shot a semi auto...it was a spyder compact i think...he said i could buy it for 250 so i asked my madre...
u could geuss what the answer was

Ace24
06-17-2006, 09:55 PM
ROFL! $250 for a spyder compact? haha

The Pink Panther
06-17-2006, 10:02 PM
hey! it was special edition camo. or so he said
hahahaha and it was so cool to me..plus i didnt know there were other guns than that. or the price it should have been

Ace24
06-17-2006, 10:06 PM
Lol, I remember when I got my Fenix.. I was hypnotised by the sound it made when it fired 13bps auto lol. I thought it was the ****.. then when I played with it, some dude brought out an Angel (this was two years ago) and the thing shot around 22bps lol... Then I cursed myself for getting the gun. But now I am happy with it, and the T-1 I am going to buy will make it pimp and origonal.

The Pink Panther
06-17-2006, 10:09 PM
whats a t-1
im stupid

Ace24
06-17-2006, 10:12 PM
I didnt know either untill about a week ago... and my good man Chubbs informed me haha.

A T-1 turns your gun into an EP, or in other words makes the gun low pressure. Its this kit including a trigger, hammer thingy in back, expansion chamber with hose to hammer thingy cover lol and the T-1 board with the solenoid. Yep... thats what it is... yep... yeeeeep.... *burp*

The Pink Panther
06-17-2006, 10:15 PM
and it costs how much....

Ace24
06-17-2006, 10:17 PM
Depends on where you get it, but you need a HPA tank and most likely an ACS bolt along with it.... so if you dont have those, it could cost you around $230. The T-1 alone on this one site is like $85

The Pink Panther
06-17-2006, 10:24 PM
wowzersss
i dont think i feel like paying that much considering mcdonalds didnt even get back to me when i applied there...i think its cuz im white and they think i can do better

vikingshadow
06-18-2006, 05:20 AM
A T-1 turns your gun into an EP, or in other words makes the gun low pressure. Its this kit including a trigger, hammer thingy in back, expansion chamber with hose to hammer thingy cover lol and the T-1 board with the solenoid. Yep... thats what it is... yep... yeeeeep.... *burp*

Hate to cut into you guy's love fest, but actually the kit does MORE than make your gun low pressure. It totally changes the operation of it. A spyder is a blowback, meaning that when you pull the trigger, a sear releases a hammer, the spring behind the hammer pushes it forward and it hits the valve, some of the air "blows back" the hammer into place to be ready for the next shot. The mass of the hammer and the force of the air results in kick. These guns and others like it typically run at 800-850 psi.

The One kit, which is it's REAL name - the T1 was an actual gun that had the kit already installed and was an AWESOME gun (I had two of them!) - changes your gun from a blow back to a nearly full electro-pneumatic operation - similar to a Timmy, but it doesn't use air to push the ram back into it's starting position. Instead of a striker and bolt assembly, it has a ram and bolt assembly. The kit utilizes an LPR (low pressure regulator) to direct a small amount of air (if I remember right, about 80 psi) to the BACK of the ram which forces the ram forward to strike the valve. Then, in the case of The One Kit or the actual T1, a spring pushes the ram back into position. A high pressure regulator (HPR - NOT an expansion chamber) allows air into the gun, some of which runs to the LPR then to a solenoid then out to the ram, while the rest is released by the valve.

It allows for much lower operation - I think both my T1's ran around 350 psi - and the frame with board allows for a higher rate of fire with much less kick. It's a great upgrade for a spyder or any other blowback, but it's not as unique as you might think - at your field it might be, but around the country it's not. When Dragun was still in business, they sold several of these kits, as well as the guns themselves. Once the went out of business, another company started selling the ZIP kits which were essentially the same thing. Of course, all of Odyssey's copycat markers had the same kit in them as well.

For those with the kit or the actual gun, you should look for a lighter, antichop bolt to curb chops from the faster speeds you can get with this kit. Also, a QEV (Quick Exhaust Valve) that goes on the end cap to release excess air pressure from within the operation will help you achieve higher cycling rates. There are delrin rams available that make it lighter so you can lower pressure in to the gun as well. You can use a valve like a Maddman Rocket valve or an NDZ tornado valve that will help lower pressure as well. Finally, you'll definitely need a faster loader and you HAVE to use HPA (high pressure air) because Co2 will eat the solenoid in no time at all.

Oh, by the way, the Victor does NOT suck - at least no worse than any other gun of it's type. It's a blowback and a very straightforward, easily upgraded gun. I bought my wife one and it's been nothing but golden to her. It's just a mechanical blowback. With a few upgrades, it's an awesome gun.

Just my two paintballs worth....

Ace24
06-18-2006, 09:45 AM
Wow, so I am deff set on getting the "One Kit" now. Viking, look at this site and tell me if there are all the parts there that I need.

http://www.scenariodreams.com/oscommerce/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=EP&x=26&y=23

Hob Hayward
06-18-2006, 10:03 AM
Oh Ace I've been in contact with Damon of Scenario Dreams, and apparently hes tryin to get rid of all the T-1 kit stuff. Another thing is that, the noid he sells is a 12v noid, so you can't run the thing with a normal 9v battery, you have to get a 12volt battery, luckily, the T-board WILL work with a 12v. I dunno very much about how 12v.'s come or how many shots per battery...

I'm still really considering getting the T-1 kit, especially now after what Vike's said.

And yes, for the price of the upgrading, you COULD buy an ion, but who wants an ion when you can have a wrath in disguise. (Wrath=T-1 basically).

Ace24
06-18-2006, 10:10 AM
And yes, for the price of the upgrading, you COULD buy an ion, but who wants an ion when you can have a wrath in disguise. (Wrath=T-1 basically).

WOOT! Uniqueness is the key to... uh... umm... POPULARITY ON THE PAINTBALL FIELDS! Yeah... thats it.

vikingshadow
06-18-2006, 10:26 AM
Well, those are MOST of the things you need, but not the best you could get. A big thing I didn't see was a board, and you definitely need the board - either the Dragun T1 board or the T board.

You also need a good regulator - I ran a Torpedo, but there are others out there. I would suggest getting a different LPR as well - the stock just didn't cut it for me. Finally, it looks like you're going to need to get a valve and some hose. Cocker line was too small, Micro to small and stiff, and macro was too big. Go to Zenitram.com and check that stuff out (not sure it's even a site anymore...)

vwjimmy
06-18-2006, 10:40 AM
nothing left at Zenitram.com except their flash intro.....
i saw zip kits complete on eb$% for $99...
our Victor rocks by the way!!!

Ace24
06-18-2006, 11:21 AM
I am buying the t board from Chubbs for 10 as well as a 5" 32* Drop forward

The Pink Panther
06-18-2006, 12:30 PM
wow this started out as a family reunion and ended as a t-board for 10 bucks haha

newkid
06-18-2006, 03:45 PM
Well... victor packages are really ****ty.. you can get good enough guns that are better then stock victor's for around the same price... maybe a little more. I would look into better guns.

I know how you feel with the whole parents dissagreeing thingy, just talk to them and tell them how you feel about the shooting range b.s.

Have fun shooting your relitives.. I wish I could do that sometimes haha.
victors hould be good enoughespecially if u only u use them a couple times