PDA

View Full Version : hopper for ion

fish3191
06-17-2006, 07:33 PM
i am about to buy an ion and i was wondering what would be the best hopper for it that is pretty cheap. i dont know if i wanna spend 150 on a reloader b. if anybody knows of some that will work and keep up with the gun, that would be great

Slammed0
06-17-2006, 07:37 PM
Halo B! I already have one for my Spyder so I am set if I ever get another gun! http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/Slammed0/buttrock.gif

bamf-hacker
06-17-2006, 07:37 PM
If you dont want to spend a lot, you could get the Halo B for about 100 or a z-boarded egg for about 60.

Halo is the better choice IMO.

HacKeR

schock
06-17-2006, 07:41 PM
egg

marvin-martian
06-17-2006, 08:23 PM
reloader b

Ace24
06-17-2006, 09:13 PM
Ok... considering that the ION can only shoot 17bps stock.. and I highly doubt you'll get too much more out of it witout some serious modding. I would say get a Z-board Eggy. They max at 17bps and I highly doubt your fingers can shoot that fast ( no offence) so dont worry about it.

vikingshadow
06-18-2006, 05:26 AM
Problem is, the Ion is capable of ramping, and the Egg with Y board is pretty notorious for not being consistant. Also, with a new board, it can go much faster than that. Z board makes it a bit more consistant, if you keep fresh batteries in it, but you never really know when to change it. I loved my Zeggy, but had to get something much more consistant.

I say spring for a Reloader B - it has rip drive stock, 3 different speeds, is sound/vibration activated (which to me is a big plus) and later you can upgrade to the Reloader B2 kit if/when you get some more cash. If you go with an aftermarket board on your Ion, or get a different gun, you'll already have a loader for it!

Ace24
06-18-2006, 09:57 AM
I've wanted to get a Halo B for a while... but they are sooo expencive lol... If I get the T-1 Kit for the gun.. idk if the eggy will keep up.

vikingshadow
06-18-2006, 10:44 AM
It will. It kept up with my T1 for over a year. Unless you try the Nitro or burst modes at a higher speed than the Egg will handle (over 17 bps.) I ALWAYS set my speed at 19 bps - it allowed for faster shooting (weird board - semi was slower than auto, but it didn't have full auto. It was just a faster semi...I know, weird!) and I knew I'd never go that fast with my fingers anyway.

Ace24
06-18-2006, 11:23 AM
God... I can only go about 10bps with my fingers haha. And thats on a good day. :-\

druid
06-18-2006, 01:45 PM
listen...I have a TBoarded Ion and the Z-EggII is just fine for it. The Y is fine for it if you are running a stock board. There's no reason to get a Halo/Reloader B unless your board can shoot the speeds of the hopper...(unless you want to)...just leave their settings low so it doesn't feed past the detents

Frat
06-18-2006, 03:12 PM
It depends on what you are going to do. If you are going to leave the stock board in (which is what I am doing as of right now) then you can get away with using a revy. I can only hit about 9 balls a second. If you are going to be modding it out with a virtue board or a black heart your going to need to get a faster hopper. A Halo B or Empire B will be needed to keep up with a properly tuned Ion with a new board.