PDA

View Full Version : Upgrades

Jimmyd24
06-17-2006, 06:30 PM
I was thinking of upgrading my rodeo once again and i dont know whether i should get a new expansion chamber or a new bolt, the only upgrades that i have done to teh actual gun is a rocking trigger.

vikingshadow
06-17-2006, 06:40 PM
Between the two you listed, I'd go for the bolt. In my opinion, the expansion chamber isn't worth the money. Now, had you said a regulator instead of expansion chamber, then I'd have definitely said that.

You do have a motorized loader to go with that rocking trigger, right? I don't recall the stats on your gun. Before either of these though, I'd get a different barrel, but that's just me.

Jimmyd24
06-25-2006, 05:48 PM
yeah i have a e hopper and a upgraded barrel, ive heard of the regulator upgrade but im not sure of what it really does, how much does this upgrade cost and wut are the advatages, wut part of the gun is the regulator, im always getting the expansion chamber and regulator mixed up

One of the reasons i was thinking of getting a new chamber was becasue i found a brand new java one for only 15 buy it now and my current one gets very cold after a coup 3 bursts, i dont know if that has to do with the fact taht i still run on co2

Jimmyd24
06-25-2006, 05:53 PM
also wut type of bolt comes stock with teh rodeo, will an upgraded bolt like a delrin prevent the gun from jamming or wil it just prevent the from chopping the balls i not real sure if those are the same things lol

bamf-hacker
06-25-2006, 06:00 PM
The regulator gets cold because you are shooting CO2. If you want to stop that either get your CO2 tank anti-siphoned or switch to HPA. As you shoot faster the CO2 does not have a chance to come out as gas and you get some liquid CO2 coming out.

If you want to change the Reg on the Rodeo, you will need more than just the Reg. The stock reg is attached with a few set screws and not a standard screw in. So you will need a new block, something like the Check-It Assault Block. You will also need a new fitting since the new reg will be a standard thread and the Rodeo uses metric threading.

Will all that said, if you are not going to lower the pressure of your Rodeo, then IMO keep the reg you have and spend the money on an HPA tank.

HacKeR

Jimmyd24
06-26-2006, 01:04 PM
but wut part of the gun is the regulator and i thought that the expansion chamber would give the co2 more room to expand

bamf-hacker
06-26-2006, 06:57 PM
This is the regulator.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/3059/reg7ad.jpg

Yes an expansion chamber will give the CO2 more room to expand, but if you shoot fast it still wont help enough.

HacKeR

Jimmyd24
06-26-2006, 07:39 PM
i thought that was the expansion chamber because the java upgraded expansion chamber is a bigger handle(piece u circled) and just a new tube. I thought that the regulator was the piece at the bottom of the grip where u screw in your air source. thanks for the help even though my questions are prob dumb