PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions I need answered

Exhaust
06-17-2006, 05:33 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/Exhaust/imagine.jpg

Okay, for Part 1:
What does this part do?? I have the stock piece on it at the momment. Is this something that should be upgraded? When upgraded, what does it do to benefit the gun? What is the name of this part?

As well, what are the popular choices for upgrading this part??

For Part 2:
What does this part do?? I have the stock piece on it at the momment. Is this something that should be upgraded? When upgraded, what does it do to benefit the gun? What is the name of this part?

As of now, this is what I have upgraded to my gun, cause maybe this will affect the possibile choices for the upgrades.

I upgraded the bolt to a:
Bandit Bolt (Spyder imagine) (high pressure)

I upgraded the valve to a:
Bandit Bolts- High flow air valve (spyder)

I upgraded the barrel to a:
14" Smart Parts All American Barrel (spyder)

I also have a couple of other little things, like the neck feed, dropforward, but i dont think that matters.

caleb1210
06-17-2006, 06:09 PM
ok those are parts u do not want to f@$% with part 1 is for the air pressure and part 2 is a handle it covers the tube tht the c02 is sent thru upgrading these will be a waste of money

vikingshadow
06-17-2006, 06:23 PM
Um, right.....:rolleyes: Not sure if you were serious or not, or maybe you meant that he shouldn't worry about them. In the case of part one, you're sort of right, but part 2 DEFINITELY needs to be upgraded.

Okay, for Part 1:

Part one is called the Low Pressure Chamber or LPC (not to be confused with LPR, which is a low pressure Regulator.) Basically, it holds extra air for your gun to use. It's ok to put a different one on, but you won't see a significant improvement from one to the other. There are a few different choices to change it to, but they all do the same thing.

For Part 2:

Not 100% sure, but I believe on this model of gun, it's called a "gas thru grip." It might be an expansion chamber, which is better than a gas thru, but not much better - it gives Co2 a chance to expand into a gas and helps keep liquid out of the gun. Basically, it's worthless and just gives your hand something to hang onto. Get a regulator and tweak your gun a little. There are MANY different kinds of regulators you can get.

As of now, this is what I have upgraded to my gun, cause maybe this will affect the possibile choices for the upgrades.

I upgraded the bolt to a:
Bandit Bolt (Spyder imagine) (high pressure)

I upgraded the valve to a:
Bandit Bolts- High flow air valve (spyder)

I have no experience with these parts, but I guess they're ok.

I upgraded the barrel to a:
14" Smart Parts All American Barrel (spyder)

Excellent choice!

I also have a couple of other little things, like the neck feed, dropforward, but i dont think that matters.

Sure they do. The feedneck is important to clamp the loader in place. Obviously, a clamping one is best. The dropforward is a bit of personal choice, most of us prefer a rail or a direct mount to a drop because it makes for better posture and shooting position and makes your gun smaller, but whatever you like is always best.

WhatThaSmurf
06-17-2006, 07:36 PM
ok those are parts u do not want to f@$% with part 1 is for the air pressure and part 2 is a handle it covers the tube tht the c02 is sent thru upgrading these will be a waste of money

I'm sorry, but I have to say it, you are a n00b.

As was said, gas-thru-grip is worthless and must be upgraded. There are threads that suggest different regulators depending on what air type you are using and other stuff, search for it. The first thing doesn't need to be upgraded, it's just a looks thing.

Exhaust
06-18-2006, 08:25 AM
Alright, thx for the responses guys.
I guess i will be looking to getting a regulator now, gonna have to start researching for that.

EliteEagleX
06-19-2006, 05:24 PM
Dude.. you really don't need a Regulator if you are on C02. Almost NO imagine's have an Expansion part so they are always Gas-Thru-Grips. If you are useing HPA get a regulator... however with C02 unless you use an Anti-Siphon C02 Canister, stay away. The first shots that go through your gun can easily snap the o-rings in a regulator, I bought the top-class Evil Detonator Regulator and accidently did that. Now I own a Anti-Siphon C02 Canister though... Which basically makes it so only the GAS enters your gun, not the liquid c02 (Which snaps o-rings easily)

vikingshadow
06-19-2006, 05:59 PM
There are regulators out there that are made to be used with Co2. The Bob Long Torpedo and the Palmer's Stabilizer are the two more popular ones for it.

A regulator is a TON better than the expansion chamber (or plain gas through grip because it REGULATES the amount of air that is released into the marker making each shot consitant and potentially more accurate. I would highly suggest an Anti-Syphon kit, as I would for any Co2 tank, but the Torp and the Stab will handle liquid Co2 just fine.

JimJr
08-23-2006, 08:51 AM
I would highly suggest an Anti-Syphon kit, as I would for any Co2 tank, but the Torp and the Stab will handle liquid Co2 just fine.
Vik, just for clarification, if one were to by the Bob Long Torpedo or the Palmer's Stabilizer regulators they would NOT need to get an Anti-Syphon kit?

ooglieboogliebob
08-23-2006, 11:33 AM
The LPC is only a place to hold more co2, but it's better to have than not.
The Gasthru grip doesn't do anything but ... put gas through. I'd recommend upgrading this ASAP.

well, with the boblong torp you probably would need to because you get crazy spikes with what i'v experienced (+-20). But a fellow friend said he gets (+-3) with his palmers stabilizer, which is really good.

All in all, either way i would get an anti-syphon kit put into your canister.

durrell
08-23-2006, 12:21 PM
I've heard the Palmers is more CO2 friendly than the Torp. Either way if you want the best performance with CO2, go anti-siphon.

vikingshadow
08-23-2006, 12:21 PM
The Torp can handle the Co2 pretty decently, but it NEVER hurts to get anti-syphon on a Co2 tank. I did it and rarely had problems with spikes and such, although I too hear the palmer's is much better at handling it.

vwjimmy
08-24-2006, 04:18 PM
Whatever you do, if you anti-siphon your CO2 tank.....
MARK "UP" ON THE TANK!!!!!
change the asa or switch markers and you better know which way is up or your anti-siphon could turn inot a liquid straw!!!

bigred76
08-24-2006, 04:45 PM
:yeahthat: Siphoning tanks FTL... I have had good experiences with BL Torpedo's though, and would reccommend one even without the A/S.

Darkmotion
08-26-2006, 02:27 PM
Going Remote with CO2 helps too.
Right now I have a Palmers Fatty on my imagine.

twotoneman
08-26-2006, 05:33 PM
The stock Ego reg isn't that bad either. Especially if you want all those pretty colors. You can switch out some of the parts also giving the performance. Other than that anything AKA, or the Stabilizers. Not a fan of the Torpedo.