PDA

View Full Version : ACS Allen Screw STRIPPED

new_Faction64
06-17-2006, 12:14 PM
OK, in my effort to disable the ACS mechanism in the bolt, I took my black allen L-shaped wrench that came with the gun, and tried turning the screw and now the sided slots of the screw (where you slot the allen wrench into) are stripped because I tried turning the screw, and I guess since it has blue loctite in it (supposedly), it was too much force and now it's stripped and ruined.

This is really a inconvienience for me. What do you guys suggest doing?

I'm thinking about contacting Kingman for a new bolt, since I don't there think is much else I can do really.

Guitar_kid99
06-17-2006, 12:42 PM
yea ur pretty screwed

Eric182
06-17-2006, 12:44 PM
Put the screw back in and Loctite it. Or put the screw back in with a little bit of two-part epoxy on it. You wont be able to get it back out again if you use the epoxy, but it's better than havong no bolt at all.

new_Faction64
06-17-2006, 06:44 PM
The screw is still in there Eric. I mean't the head of the screw is stripped, so I can't get my allen wrench to grip onto it to move it any.

vikingshadow
06-17-2006, 06:46 PM
I absolutely hate those kind of screws. I strip them every time!

Is the screw out a little bit from the bolt so that you might be able to cut a slot in it for a flathead (standard) screwdriver?

new_Faction64
06-18-2006, 06:59 AM
I absolutely hate those kind of screws. I strip them every time!

Is the screw out a little bit from the bolt so that you might be able to cut a slot in it for a flathead (standard) screwdriver?

Nope :(

This is terrible, I hope I can get hold of Kingman support, which I hear is tough.

Hob Hayward
06-18-2006, 07:18 AM
JB weld a spare bit of metal to the head of the screw and then screw it off, but don't do that until you have no hope left.

vikingshadow
06-18-2006, 07:20 AM
Yup - I was going to suggest supergluing an allen wrench into the hole - but jb weld might work better.

Highbinder
06-18-2006, 04:52 PM
I tried loosening that bolt once to clean it and it seemed like it would strip if I kept going. I left it alone. Kingman should use a better quality metel on thos tiny bolts so they don't strip so easy.

breakxeggs
06-18-2006, 08:50 PM
I striped my allen wrench lol... the bolt is perfectly fine.

spc_graves
06-19-2006, 04:12 AM
of course its loctited.... most things that have to do with a bolt or air system are almost always loctited. especially things that small. What I would do if I were you is leave it be. If you do however want to lock out your acs, get the bolt by jbwelding or soldering your alan to it. thats What I had to do with it.:) :) No worries man stripping that little piece of all thread isnt the end of the world. You can probably get that thing out and get that same piece of allthread at any hobby shop with gas RC cars. I believe that same screw is the setscrew on the carb on most those motors. it is also about the same size as the setscrews on the rear derailleur on most higher end shimano parts.

Dont get frusterated. Calm when you work on things.

Eric182
06-19-2006, 04:02 PM
Yeah, I'd JB weld the allan wrench on, but only as a last resort. I probaly wouldnt solder on it, in fear you might melt the delrin