PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone but me bought the new Electra

pbgrandpa
06-16-2006, 07:37 PM
I finally broke down and bought one over the weekend and got it on wendsday. IMO this is by far one of the better markers Kingman has put out. I really like the gunmetal gray color and the grips thou not real stickies are better than the crap that came on previous guns. The rocking trigger I like alot though many don't. Gone are the burst modes(semi and full auto only) I never cared for the burst modes anyway. The eyes seem to only work in semi auto only. In full auto they don't activate. It came with a 2 piece barrel and a fairly nice locking feed neck. The regulator I don't have an opinion on yet for I haven't aired it up yet. I plan on trying it out on Saturday and then we'll see if it was worth the money. Anyone else get one?

bungeye
06-16-2006, 08:19 PM
would you recommednd upgrading th board? so you get more modes, and the eyes work all the time?

pbgrandpa
06-17-2006, 03:46 AM
I probably will get the new t-board once it is avaliable(Aug 06).for the simple reason to have the eyes active in all modes of fire. The eyes on the stock board are only active in semi auto. I'm kind of disappointed on this. I'm still just getting a feel for it right now, but plan on putting it to the test today.:D

thechubbss12
06-17-2006, 04:12 AM
Awesome... Tell us how it shoots.. casue im curious.

Slammed0
06-17-2006, 10:02 AM
Awesome... Tell us how it shoots.. casue im curious.

:yeahthat:

pbgrandpa
06-17-2006, 02:47 PM
Well I finally made it to the field and got my tank filled(thanks Chubbss)to test this thing out. After making sure everything was oiled and tight I popped on the reloader and aired up. No leaks good sign. The regulator was preset at 500psi to my surprise since spyders usually run at over 800psi. With a full hopper and in semi I fired a few rounds slowly. Everything looking good I decieded to go for broke and see what it would do. An empty hopper later--no ball breaks no barrel breaks. I didn't try it on full auto but by the sound of it it's probably capped at the standard 13bps. The velocity seemed a little slow but I don't have a chrono to check it. It shot exremely well with little kick. Over all I'm happy but there's plenty of room for improvement. Was it worth the $250? I guess but this is just an oldmans opinion.

bomberpilot07
06-17-2006, 03:15 PM
500 psi all stock from the factory? im impressed... i may have to see about getting one when my funds get up there. only thing is ill have to lose the frame if i deem it worthy of playing tourneys lol.

Ace24
06-17-2006, 08:49 PM
They dont alow those frames in tournies?

bomberpilot07
06-18-2006, 03:48 AM
They dont alow those frames in tournies?
depends on which ones you play in.. some allow it others dont.. mine doesnt in which case id have to put a different frame on it.

Ace24
06-18-2006, 08:36 AM
Thats gay... Why would they do that? Because there are alot of beginners or something?

Hob Hayward
06-18-2006, 08:44 AM
Well, in some rules, having two trigger contacs makes it illegal I think.

Really interesting to see that it comes stock 500 psi, maybe a future release will be lower than that, if they could hit 300 psi stock it'd be pretty sweet...

I mean, most spyders have the parts desgined so they'll run off a co2 tank with the correct velocity, so all they need do is change the valve/valve pin, the VA, and come stock without the venturi. All thats left then is to polish the internals, which I bet they could do.

pbgrandpa
06-18-2006, 04:53 PM
UPDATE on operating pressure. I couldn't leave things alone with the operating pressure. Just had to see how low I could go and still have it functioning properly. I had an assault block laying around and the reg off my old LP Pilot so I put both on to see how low I could get it. The first thing I noticed was the valve pin looks just like the one that comes with the NDZ valve. Very encouraging. After putting things back together and airing up to 400psi I dry fired the gun and it recocked. 3 more dry fires- recocking on all. Hmmmmm. Dropped the psi to 350 and fired. It recocked. Rocked the the trigger not one miss. Time to put the paint in. Fired 4 rounds slowly. The gun never failed to recock. The velocity seemed a little harder than it was at the factory 500psi. Emptied the hopper and it never missed a lick. So with the addition of the assault block and the reg. it will function properly at 350psi. It may go lower but I ran out of air so I couldn't test anymore.:)

pbgrandpa
06-18-2006, 05:31 PM
Here's a pichttp://img160.imageshack.us/img160/7250/06electra5yg.jpg

Sandman_Bravo
06-19-2006, 02:23 AM
Very nice!

druid
06-19-2006, 03:27 AM
pbgrandpa...in my "stores #2" thread (3rd last topic at the bottom of the main page)...in there is a link to "Shooting Chrony Chronograph". That's the one I use because I also chrono hunting rounds for my buddy and speed trap my archery equipment. It works very well with paintball too :D

Hob Hayward
06-19-2006, 09:34 AM
Did you try out the stock reg with the assault block?

pbgrandpa
06-19-2006, 03:40 PM
No I didn't try the stock reg. The manual accutally said not to operate under 500psi. That was the main reason for not trying it. Druid thanks for the insight and I will definately look.

pbgrandpa
06-20-2006, 06:09 AM
pbgrandpa...in my "stores #2" thread (3rd last topic at the bottom of the main page)...in there is a link to "Shooting Chrony Chronograph". That's the one I use because I also chrono hunting rounds for my buddy and speed trap my archery equipment. It works very well with paintball too :DI see they have a refurbished unit. Think that one would be OK. I really would'nt want to spend alot on one.

druid
06-20-2006, 11:02 AM
I think it would be fine. Reburbed is normally shot/dented/goofed up casings (the red, steel box)...perhaps minor electronics...ribbon or something.

meruhl
06-23-2006, 12:15 PM
Nice review so far. One of the kids we play woodsball with had one last month. I didn't realize it until he was gone, so I didn't get to see it up close. Those that did raved about it, but we're just a bunch of hicks...