PDA

View Full Version : Flash / O-Rings

Slammed0
06-16-2006, 05:52 PM
My buddies Flash is acting wierd. I am trying to rebuild it/fix it for him but I am getting stumped. Here is the problem.

When it is cocked forward you can hear a leak through the barrel. When it is getting cocked back it goes away, although I think I can still hear it but very faintly. Now, I have made sure that everything is put back together correctly. He used to have a brass cupseal but it was broke. So I replaced it with the plastic Spyder stock one. Could this be a problem?

I am using Buna-N O-rings throughout the gun, which I am starting to wonder if I should have done that. What do you guys think?

Any tips, hints, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!!

EDIT: I was looking at Otters O-ring size chart and I am curious if his gun has the older Fat Striker. I didn't even notice. That could be the problem due to me using the wrong size o-ring. :shrug:

Sandman_Bravo
06-17-2006, 05:34 PM
I had the same problem when I installed Alamo hi-flo cupseals in my Pilot. Uncocked it leaks pretty bad; cocked is much less of a loss in air. I don't know if your marker has the same type valve & cupseal though. Anyway, two things helped me out:
I called up Alamo and they said sometimes the cup seal neads to seat against the valve body. They reccommended leaving the gun cocked under pressure, as well as repeated firing. this first process helped a lot. The second thing I did was to remove the valve and take a dremmel with a rounded tip buffing wheel (not the flat wheel type but the one that looks like a rounded bullet tip) and buff the face of the valve where the seal seats. Afterwards my leaking stopped.

Ace24
06-17-2006, 09:14 PM
Put a rubber band in over the O-ring slot... and fart down the barrel while shooting a full hopper. That should fix it!

No really, it should...

Ok I lied.

Hob Hayward
06-18-2006, 09:55 AM
That'll be your cupseal for sure, just cock it before you put the gas on.

vwjimmy
06-19-2006, 03:56 PM
Put a rubber band in over the O-ring slot... and fart down the barrel while shooting a full hopper. That should fix it!
No really, it should...
Ok I lied.
This one is my favorite!!!!
but......
repeated firing is the easy way to seat the cupseal.....

ooglieboogliebob
07-09-2006, 03:26 PM
.... a lot of guns do that .. (mine) ... cock it before you put air in it ... should be good then

And yeah vwjimmy's right ... shoot it a bit ...

BTW if you put your ear too close to the front ... you hear a noise cuz .... (think of a seashell :p)

Schecter1277
09-03-2007, 04:55 PM
Either the valve spring is too soft or the main spring is too hard, either way simply cocking it back before you gas it up will fix the problem.

Kenny_McCormic
09-08-2007, 06:28 AM
polishing the sealing face of the valve helps

Schecter1277
09-09-2007, 05:24 PM
polishing the sealing face of the valve helps

huh?:confused: The entire valve is silver... I'm trying to figure out what polishing it will do.

Kenny_McCormic
09-10-2007, 02:05 PM
the side with the big hole the cup seal seals on. Take a rag with some polish on it push the valve in and twist it for 15 minutes to polish it real good. Silver doesnt mean perfect finish where that cup seal rides polishing it to a mirror finish takes imperfections from the metal and makes it seal easier.