PDA

View Full Version : Double Shooting Noise

new_Faction64
06-16-2006, 05:12 PM
Hey guys, what may be the cause to a sound like my gun is trying to fire two times in a row when I only pull the gun once at semi-auto?

This sound keeps happening in my gun, and my gun chopped when it did it. Any info on this?

Guitar_kid99
06-16-2006, 05:51 PM
if you have your trigger adjusted so that it isvery sensitive and if you have it too sensitive when you pull the trigger it will lock back into a shot and then come out
solution adjust your trigger so its alittle less sensitive

new_Faction64
06-17-2006, 12:18 PM
I haven't touched the trigger screws, they are at stock adjustments.

Guitar_kid99
06-17-2006, 12:40 PM
r u using a force feed hopper?
r ur detents good?(black)
what firing mode r u using?

Eric182
06-17-2006, 12:51 PM
It could be your valve pin. I've posted the problem and solution in others posts....im too lazy to type it out here. Sorry.

NextoN
06-17-2006, 04:21 PM
or it's just the acs bolt that gets air inside the bolt and because of the spring ( hard to explain ) I have the same "problem" but only in semi auto :)

The Pink Panther
06-17-2006, 04:27 PM
im not positive or not but itsnt that called bouncing?

new_Faction64
06-17-2006, 06:46 PM
Yeah it does sound kinda like something is bouncing.

r u using a force feed hopper?
r ur detents good?(black)
what firing mode r u using?
no, yes, and semi-auto

The Pink Panther
06-17-2006, 06:47 PM
my imagine does that alot...pretty annoying but nothing ever is affected by it in my case...

vikingshadow
06-17-2006, 06:51 PM
It does sound like mechanical trigger bounce, when the trigger "bounces" off the microswitch an extra time or two, directly related to the kick of the gun. It usually happens when the microswitch is extremely light, or when the trigger adjustment screws are set to put the trigger extremely close to the microswitch.

Try messing with your trigger screws - the pre and post travel ones (usually the top one which is located up in the frame itself and the very bottom one.) Try to allow for more pre travel - the distance it takes to actually actuate the microswitch, and the post travel - the distance it travels AFTER the microswitch has actuated. It'll take some adjusting to get it right.

The Pink Panther
06-17-2006, 07:01 PM
im too lazy i would rather just have it scare me a couple times
haha

Highbinder
06-18-2006, 05:05 PM
I adjusted my trigger to be really sensitive and tried it yesterday, I had that happen a few times while walking it. The stock setting should be fine though if it was like mine, but you never know. Myself, I'm gonna have to play with it more, it wasn't walking smoothly enought for me where I had it.

breakxeggs
06-18-2006, 08:49 PM
You may be having the same problem that I do. If you adjust your trigger to close it gets alot of sidewards play in it and you have to walk it in to the switch PERFECTLY straight or it wont hit the switch. I have mine probly like an 1/8 inch off the button but it stops as soon as it touches the button so there is no back pull and that works fine.

thebiest
06-24-2006, 05:29 PM
i had that problem, but it eventually cleared up because there was too much oil in the gun (i lubed it right up one time), eventually it blows all the extra crap out. thats if u used too much oil. (i used just regular numatic oil for it, if anybody cares to comment on that)

ooglieboogliebob
06-24-2006, 08:52 PM
yep .. vike's right on the money ... since your running at an operating pressure of 800psi or so ... and it's a blow back electro .. it's going to have kick ... when you pull the trigger the kick makes it pull twice

Magnetmod would help if you want to do it ...

Check www.ottersccustoms.com

new_Faction64
06-25-2006, 08:07 AM
Much thanks guys, it hasen't gone away but I think I'll play w/ trigger setting soon, or MAYBE try that magnet mod which sounds interesting.