PDA

View Full Version : Pilot ownage?

pbfreak3221
06-16-2006, 03:30 PM
Alright, so I live in a wicked rich town now I'm pretty well off but I have to earn all of my money through work, unlike some of the other rich kids. Anyways, So I have and In the proces of ordering a pilot with:
Full Tilt Ceramic Barrel
Sundragon Magno Trigger
Egg 2
Pure energy tank
With these upgrades will I still get owned by some of the rich kids eclipses and Cockers?

Hossy
06-16-2006, 03:40 PM
if some rich kid can buy a eclipse, or even like the TOP marker, whatever it is, is doesnt matter. ITS ALL ABOUT SKILL. i mean they could be scared and run away, with the marker, so i mean it really doesnt matter

as long as you play well, it should be even

pbfreak3221
06-16-2006, 03:45 PM
Thanks ya I'm pretty good so I guess I'll really find out tomorow when I play with them.

pman15
06-16-2006, 03:46 PM
Ya,just because they own a eclipse or a coker,or a shocker,or a angel it doesn't make you the best player in the world becuase u have a top notch gun.the gun doesn't make u any better,it's yourself that makes u better

pbfreak3221
06-16-2006, 03:50 PM
ya, that's what I was thinking.

Slammed0
06-16-2006, 03:52 PM
I agree with everybody. But let us know how it goes!

Sandman_Bravo
06-16-2006, 05:38 PM
Yeah, I get that attitude a lot. I have "just a Spyder" and last weekend I took out a lot of upper end or more "expensive" (yeh right, I've got over $300 in mine in parts alone) guns. 11 kills / 3 deaths, (1 friendly fire, 1 rambo run at bunkers,1 legit) Play like hell and don't worry about the brand of markers out there. When you send 'em to the dead box with "just a Spyder" it's that much sweeter.:evil:

hodni_sania
06-16-2006, 08:28 PM
Ya i hate that attitude. Played in a local 5-man tourney with a E-99, Rodeo, Ras Intruder(what i had) and 2 Viewloader Triads. You should of heard some of the crap we heard but out of 8 teams we were 3rd after the preliminary round, but ended up fourth.

vikingshadow
06-17-2006, 06:49 AM
With these upgrades will I still get owned by some of the rich kids eclipses and Cockers?

Simple answer is, Yes - if they're better than you to begin with; Maybe - if you're on the same level of play; or no, if they aren't very good at all compared to you.

I say, who cares what they have? People like to rip on rich kids because they have equipment that we don't have. I think they should get over it. If our parents offered it, we'd take it as well - and anyone who says different is lying! (This is a BIG reason I don't like PBNation...I think the "rich kid" excuse is something brats and punks use to explain their own bad play...)

However, you have to qualify this by saying that if a great player uses crappy to medium level equipment, the great players isn't going to be able to play to his/her potential. There are benefits to shooting higher level EP markers over blowbacks - whether Spyder owners want to admit it or not, and I say that as a Spyder owner as well.

Furthermore, I think if an average player uses excellent equipment, not only will the problems that lower end guns have most likely not be there, but his/her confidence level may be raised as well which makes them an excellent player, even if somewhat inconsistant.

I see so many weird things going on in the sport these days - players find any excuse to actually put down the sport and look down on other players and not try to lift the sport up. They say things like "You shoot a Spyder so you're a noob." Bullcrap. "You're a rich kid, so you suck." Bullcrap. "You shoot an Ion, so you're a noob kid." Bullcrap. "You're a noob, so you suck." Bullcrap. "You're team isn't well known, so you suck and are a noob." Bullcrap.

I think you should take your spyder out, not listen to any of the bullcrap, and just have fun. I fell into the bullcrap and lost the love of the game. Once that happens, it takes awhile to come back. Just have fun and don't listen to anyone else's crap....that's my rant for the day. Sorry!:D

druid
06-17-2006, 07:30 AM
I just have an attitude...period :dodgy:

Hob Hayward
06-17-2006, 08:35 AM
Hey pbfreak, where do ya play? I live in mass too, right on the coast.

The best thing about using a spyder is that you can still do well with them, and is so much sweeter when you own the person who says your a noob for having a spyder.

Slammed0
06-17-2006, 11:07 AM
I see some of Vikingshadows points. No matter what you have or what they have, just enjoy the game.

I have a bunch of buddies I play with that own Tippmans. They were quick to try and give me a bunch of BS for my Spyder, but every game I get better, wow, they sure get quieter about my gun. lol!

Just go out and have fun!! Take care of your gun and it will take care of you back.

pbfreak3221
06-18-2006, 07:03 AM
Alright so I played yesterday, and I did pretty sick. I got 14 kills, I got out 5 times, 1 freindly fire, and we did 5, 5 vs. 5, speed ball and the team I was on won 4 of them. So yes spyders def do own.

emf7301
06-18-2006, 09:36 AM
congrats on a good day of play and keep it up. LONG LIVE THE SPYDER! :D

Hob Hayward
06-18-2006, 10:14 AM
Hey pbfreak, where do ya play? I live in mass too, right on the coast.

???

I play at canobie usually up in new hampshire.

pbfreak3221
06-18-2006, 10:28 AM
Ya I play a lot of woodsball in peoples back yards, but I like friendly fire up in upton and this sick place in bridgewater. I'm not really a regular anywhere.

spyder(man)
06-18-2006, 03:21 PM
Dude, the gun doesnt make the player as i always say. I know this kid who is like 11 or 12, 5 years younger than me, and he has an Electra ACS, and i bet i could still beat him with my TLX ACS or my Pilot ACS, but yea if you play smart, you'll do fine dude. peace

spyder(man)
06-18-2006, 03:24 PM
oh crap, whoops, that was supposed to go with your other thread about playin against autocockers and stuff, crud, oh well