PDA

View Full Version : pre-use things to do

Guitar_kid99
06-15-2006, 04:06 PM
my gun will be arriving in the mail tomorrow and i wanted to know if i need to do anything before i go play on saturday
i know i have to check the detents the black is good orange bad right?
do i need to lube the o rings before i play?
lube barrel?
etc?

Hossy
06-15-2006, 04:08 PM
lube the bolt

dont do anything to the barrel, if u dont know alot about the guns and its brand new, dont do anything to screw around with it, just lube the bolt

Guitar_kid99
06-15-2006, 04:23 PM
my dad knows a crap load about guns so.. should i let him do anything?

Hossy
06-15-2006, 04:35 PM
yeah, have him walk u through putting your gun together, and teaching you how to maintain it

wylde01
06-15-2006, 05:16 PM
hey hossy i thought you were not supposed to lube the bolt since it is a delrin and it could cause it to swell right?

Hossy
06-15-2006, 05:40 PM
ooohhhhh snap

didnt notice it had a ACS and didnt know it was in the MR section

Guitar_kid99
06-15-2006, 05:54 PM
so dont lube the bolt?
what about the o rings and barrel do they need to be lubed
and the black detents r the good ones right?

new_Faction64
06-15-2006, 06:28 PM
You'll need to lube the "striker" it's a large cylincer shaped object below the bolt. There is an o-ring on it that needs lubed. Also, put a few drops of oil in the ASA hole, and dry fire it (with barrel off) about 10 times...that'll lube up the internals like the valve.

wylde01
06-15-2006, 06:29 PM
yes the black detents r good.....the only thing that you need to lube is the black striker that is right underneath the bolt. and try to break in the bolt by sticking something in the feedneck and dry firing about 500-700 times. before you put on the tank you might want to greese the threads also but other than that you should be good to go

HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

new_Faction64
06-15-2006, 07:13 PM
Guitar Kid, what hopper shall you be using?

wylde01
06-15-2006, 07:18 PM
GO WITH AN EMPIRE!!!! or you could also use the halo or vlocity

Guitar_kid99
06-15-2006, 08:03 PM
empire reloader 2

breakxeggs
06-15-2006, 08:05 PM
VLOCITYs ARE THE BEST! NOTHING CAN DROP FASTER!

new_Faction64
06-15-2006, 08:20 PM

I'm not too sure on their pricing, but honestly that's simply too fast of a loader. You simply can do 25BPS in semi-auto w/ the MR2, and it'll only reach 13BPS in full automatic, which has been proven by sound tests.

Then again, it's good to have such reliability in the speed.

Eric182
06-15-2006, 08:24 PM

Yeah, if your into hoppers that look like a de-formed brick :rolleyes: ha ha ha

And lubing the bolt is fine, it wont swell. Think about it, If you accidentaly broke a ball in there, the oil in the ball would cause it to swell. I lube my bolt before i play everyday, no swelling for me.

wylde01
06-16-2006, 06:13 AM
well unless i am mistaken you are not supposed to lube the bolt because as you play the delrin bolt will lube it'self. oh and the vlocity may be faster but check on pbreview and see the ratings of both the vlocity and empire reloader b

Guitar_kid99
06-16-2006, 07:19 AM
i cant afford a reloader b only a reloader 2 but i'm gonna save for an eggy

wylde01
06-16-2006, 08:42 AM
as long as you dont shoot real fast the reloader 2 should do you untill you can get something better

Guitar_kid99
06-16-2006, 12:45 PM
ok my gun has just arrived and i will try it out tomorrow at my field so you guys have been a big help and i will have pictures of my setup to follow

Guitar_kid99
06-16-2006, 01:35 PM
ok so i cant figure out y but there is a hole in the top of the trigger frame and and waht r the o rings for is the tiny black thing a detent does it need to be installed somehow and is the white thing a cup seal?

wylde01
06-16-2006, 01:47 PM
do you mean the hole on the trigger? be a little more specific if possible on the oring and little black thing then i can help

Guitar_kid99
06-16-2006, 02:43 PM
there is a black o ring and a orange o ring and the small black thing is a small flat circle with a smathe nub on one side and i figure out the screw for the trigger

Eric182
06-16-2006, 03:35 PM
well unless i am mistaken you are not supposed to lube the bolt because as you play the delrin bolt will lube it'self. oh and the vlocity may be faster but check on pbreview and see the ratings of both the vlocity and empire reloader b

Yeah, I'm not exactly sure what they mean when they say
"self lubricating". It's not like it excreets (sp?) some sort of oil every so often, I think that Delrin is just a very low friction material, so lubing isn't required. I'm sure a few drops of lube every now and again is the way to go :waytogo:

Oh yeah, and for the record, I think that the Vlocity is one of THE ugliest hoppers on the market. I don't care how fast it goes, I'd just be embarassed using it. No offense to you owners out there....

wylde01
06-16-2006, 04:20 PM
well put about the vlocity.........oh all i know about self lubing on the bolt is that everytime before i play the bolt is dry and after i play the bolt is always lubed really good!

Guitar_kid99
06-16-2006, 04:30 PM
there is a black o ring and a orange o ring and the small black thing is a small flat circle with a smathe nub on one side and i figure out the screw for the trigger
help please

wylde01
06-16-2006, 04:58 PM
is the small black thing heavy if so then be specific about what you want to know and then i can help you out srry

breakxeggs
06-16-2006, 08:51 PM
Yeah, I'm not exactly sure what they mean when they say
"self lubricating". It's not like it excreets (sp?) some sort of oil every so often, I think that Delrin is just a very low friction material, so lubing isn't required. I'm sure a few drops of lube every now and again is the way to go :waytogo:

Oh yeah, and for the record, I think that the Vlocity is one of THE ugliest hoppers on the market. I don't care how fast it goes, I'd just be embarassed using it. No offense to you owners out there....

OH COME ON! lol atleast it doesn't look as bad as the Egg or any of the Richochet hoppers. Only thing I don't like about my VLocity is that its really tall on the MR2. But it does have a smaller profile then a Halo B or Empire Reloader

vikingshadow
06-17-2006, 04:54 AM
Guitar kid - do you have pictures? Might be easier to help...

Regarding the Vlocity issue- since when did paintball become about looks? Ok, stupid question! When the egg came out, people complained it was ugly, but I happened to really like the look. It's different and distinctive. The Richochet, on the other hand, looked all nasty with it's hard angles and such. I agree that the Vlocity is ugly, but to each their own.

I see a battle brewing between loaders now, just like the ones on which gun to use. Who cares what loader you use? So long as it loads balls fast enough to shoot, it doesn't matter. Now, please try to help this young man out and stay on topic here. Thanks!

Guitar_kid99
06-17-2006, 08:20 AM
is it okay to store my gun while its cocked or will that wear the spring out

wylde01
06-17-2006, 08:33 AM
well im not really sure what it will do if you leave it cocked but i dont think that it is ok. i personally always decock mine after play

Guitar_kid99
06-17-2006, 08:45 AM
ok and will it recock only if there is air in it?

wylde01
06-17-2006, 09:07 AM
yes and when you have no more air in it then pull the trigger one more time to decock it

Highbinder
06-18-2006, 05:30 PM
I leave my MR2 cocked between sessions. The stock spring is pretty strong. It hasn't caused any problems for me. As for the orange and black o-rings, they are spare parts. I think the black one is a barrel ring, the orange one is a striker ring. The little black thing with a nub on it is your ball detent. Take the feed neck off your marker and you will see the slot where it goes.
Oh, and the screws on your trigger are for adjusting the sensitivity. The one on the blade is used to adjust how much the trigger can travel after it fires. The one you get to through the hole in the top adjusts how far the trigger travels before it fires.