PDA

View Full Version : qev with hpa tank

fish3191
06-14-2006, 03:44 PM
how many extra shots will a QEV add to a 3000 psi hpa tank? anyone know?

TheRedBarron
06-14-2006, 03:56 PM
Uhh what do you have for a gun?

fish3191
06-14-2006, 04:28 PM
im trying to see what it would be for an ion

druid
06-14-2006, 07:55 PM
The QEV doesn't "add shots"...it more...delegates better usage of air.

An Ion vents the excess air by backtracking it through the noid.

The QEV vents the excess before it gets there. The QEV alone will give you a marginal increase in efficiency...perhaps a pod or two on a 68/45. What you need to worry about it proper tuning of the ROF/Dwell/recharge rate in conjunction with the QEV. You'll need a lighter (than stock) bolt to make it work correctly. PM me or get me on AIM....druid189189.

fish3191
06-15-2006, 11:14 AM
The QEV doesn't "add shots"...it more...delegates better usage of air.

An Ion vents the excess air by backtracking it through the noid.

The QEV vents the excess before it gets there. The QEV alone will give you a marginal increase in efficiency...perhaps a pod or two on a 68/45. What you need to worry about it proper tuning of the ROF/Dwell/recharge rate in conjunction with the QEV. You'll need a lighter (than stock) bolt to make it work correctly. PM me or get me on AIM....druid189189.

what if i were to get the QEV specifically designed for the ion, would i need still need a lighter stock bolt?

druid
06-15-2006, 11:50 AM
a QEV is a QEV...the only one 'specificly' designed for the Ion was the SP 360...and so far, I'm convinced it's crap (based upon reports from 2 different Ion foums I attend frequently).

A Clippard QEV is one of the best available...add Eclipse as 2nd to that (IMO). A Clippard requires slight modding of the Ion's thermoplastic shell...that's all.

You don't need a lighter bolt because the QEV allows you to lower your dwell time regardless of the bolt. BUT....a lighter bolt will allow you to lower your dwell further than a stock bolt because the reciprocating mass is less. (less weight of a moving object requires less force to move it) and that's where your efficiency is gained. Lowering the dwell and the overall psi is what does it (for the Ion).

If you are looking at bolts there are a few that will work with:

stock breech: Lucky, L6, Firebolt, Orange, NDZ and few more that I can't remember
NDZ breech: Lucky, L6, Firebolt, NDZ
Lucky Breech: Lucky, L6, Firebolt