PDA

View Full Version : Stock Barrel to Paint Match

70Vette69
06-14-2006, 11:56 AM
Hey......does anyone know what paint(s) match a 05 Electra stock barrel. Before I do my own investigation I thought I would ask if anyone has already done this. Or maybe it isn't even worth it on the stock barrel......?

Thanks.

Hossy
06-14-2006, 11:57 AM
there should be a bore size on the barrel, check that out, and whne u look at paint they have the bore on the box

nbishop66
06-14-2006, 12:55 PM
"Stock Barrel to Paint Match"
That's an oxymoron. I haven't met a stock barrel that I've liked. Save $30 and get yourself a new barrel. You will notice a big difference. I recommend the J&J Ceramic, others might disagree. I haven't found a paint that the J&J can't shoot well.

So which one is it a 69 or a 70 Vette, or BOTH?:)

70Vette69
06-15-2006, 05:22 AM
Thanks, I have had quite a few people say the same about the J&J Ceramic. I have been trying to decide for a little while now whether I should just get a new barrel or not. I will take a look at it.

I have a 70 and a 75, I am working on the wife to get rid of the 75 and replace it with a 68 or preferably a 69. My big problem is that we put a lot of work into the 75 and it is excellent condition now. So it is hard to go from that, to a mediocre condition 68 or 69, since I can't afford a good/excellent 68 or 69. Oh well..........

bamf-hacker
06-15-2006, 06:08 AM
Vette, most stock barrels are a large bore .693ish. They do that so you can pretty much get any paint you want and not have size issues. I am not sure if the stock barrel has the size stamp on it, but if it does not then I would suggest, asking a few different people at the field for a few balls to help size your barrel. Make sure you ask them what brand and type of paint it is so when you find one that fits well you will know what to buy. At least until you get a new barrel. Another option is to use a micrometer to test the internal diameter of the barrel. Not sure if you have one or not, but they are not cheap. LINK (http://www.hartig-germany.com/produkte_e.html#7981)

HacKeR

nbishop66
06-15-2006, 01:23 PM
Post some pics of the Vette's in the Non-paintball Topics. I'd Like to see em'