PDA

View Full Version : i may get an MR2 but...

SpyderFan
06-13-2006, 08:26 PM
i have an MR1, i like it, but its not perfect. after i buy some upgrades for it, id like to get an MR2 and put the upgrades from the MR1 onto the MR2. but i'm concerned about the barrel. if i wanted to upgrade it for accuracy, what would i have to do, if anything. i also read in an issue of facefull magazine that it has "sloppy trigger action." what do you MR2 owners have to say for the gun

oppositesleeper
06-13-2006, 08:36 PM
i'd say it can be difficult to roll the trigger in semi auto but i wouldnt call it sloppy by any means.

breakxeggs
06-13-2006, 08:42 PM
depends on how close you have it to the button, if its really close it can get sloppy, but other then that its just about the only stock trigger that can be walked, I do it all the time.

SpyderFan
06-14-2006, 07:35 AM
thanks, i was kinda worried about the trigger and what they meant by that, so i got an MR1 instead. very stupid, lol

but what about the barrel? does it need to be upgraded, and if it does how do i do it?

wylde01
06-14-2006, 09:31 AM
well i use the stock barrel and it is as accurate as my barrel kit was on my old gun! but if you want to put a new barrel on the gun then you can take the shroud off and put any spyder barrel on it. or if you wait awhile i am in touch with python paintball products and we are trying to make a custom barrel kit without having to take off the shroud! oh and the trigger is not bad, i walk it all the time without anything going wrong

oppositesleeper
06-14-2006, 09:43 AM
a bunch of people have been able to use a j&j but im not sure which one and which size they have had success with.

new_Faction64
06-14-2006, 10:04 AM
trigger is fine, it even has adjustment screws.

SpyderFan
06-14-2006, 04:49 PM
thanks guys. now i have to get to the bottom of people complaining about chops. some say it REALLY bad, while some say its not a problem at all.

wylde01
06-14-2006, 05:39 PM
it all really depends on what hopper you use. i would go with an empire but most people use the vlocity or halo

new_Faction64
06-14-2006, 06:13 PM
Yeah the thing most people didn't get...was that on auto the MR2 only can do 13BPS....I think the Vlocity and Halo owners thought it could do the advertised 25BPS and that's why they got it...but I guess it paid off anyway.

wylde01
06-14-2006, 06:32 PM
well i know for a fact that the mr2 can do more that 13 bps because my old gun did 13bps and this one is alot faster in the full auto mode

SpyderFan
06-16-2006, 09:14 PM
well, i dont know if i will be getting an eloader soon. i am jobless, allowance-less, and my birthday is too far away. then again, it will be awhile before i get an mr2 anyway. yeah, i'm fourteen by the way.

SpyderFan
06-16-2006, 09:15 PM
thanks for your help guys.

Highbinder
06-18-2006, 07:14 PM
Ok, the J&J ceramic barrels work through the MR2 shrouds. Not sure on the Full Tilt sets, but the regular single piece ceramic works. I think one guy posted that the Apex barrel fits too. I tried one on an A-5 this weekend and I was pretty impressed. I want to get an Apex now.
My MR2 chopped a couple times when I first got it, but it hasn't chopped since, and that had been about 6 outtings to the field, firing at least a case of paint each time.

Just a thought.... I'm not sure if the assembly is all interchangable, but you might be able to get an MR2 grip with the board and trigger, swap it onto your MR1 and you'd have a functional MR2. If you could do that, you wouldn't have to worry about the shroud when picking a barrel either. For that matter, you could get any electronic grip/trigger assembly as long as it fits.

I use a VLocity loader and it works great. It does stick up pretty high though, but I think that is just poor designing of the feed neck on the gun. I think most loaders would stick up relatively high on this gun. Supposedly the gun can be walked up to 25 bps, and fires 13 bps in full-auto. Now me personally, I can't walk it anywhere near that fast, but it is nice to know that as I get better at walking my trigger, there is no way that I will shoot too fast for my loader.

SpyderFan
06-19-2006, 03:19 PM
thanks. the MR1 has a bad mounting rail, but no chops. the MR2 has a good mounting rail and bad chops. what to do, what to do???

wylde01
06-19-2006, 03:53 PM
the mr2 only has bad chops if you have the wrong detents in it or if your using the wrong hopper for it

new_Faction64
06-19-2006, 04:15 PM
the mr2 only has bad chops if you have the wrong detents in it or if your using the wrong hopper for it

Sorta true, you can use nearly any hopper, you may just have to adjust the ACS mechanism, possibly disable it, or work the spring.

wylde01
06-20-2006, 08:06 AM
yea but werent you the one who stripped the acs allen screw inside your bolt? and working the spring didnt need to be done with mine. of course i use an empire reloader b hopper so i didnt really need to mess with my gun to get it to work all the time

thebiest
06-22-2006, 12:26 PM
i havent chopped with mr2 yet, but i have a newer one with the good detent and i keep it on semi auto because i have a cheapie hopper

Spoolinup
06-22-2006, 07:56 PM
I have an MR2 with an Empire Reloader B w/shocktech overdrive pulley, and even with eyes it chops and double feeds. I recently disabled my ACS like everyone has suggested, and waiting for the polyurethane(CLEAR) timmy detents to arrive to see how it goes.

wylde01
06-23-2006, 05:58 AM
man i must be just one out of a dozen people here that have had no problems with my gun chopping or any of the other problems people talk about on here. my gun has black detents in it, im running compressed air, and i have an empire reloader b w/ rip drive. thats all but mine runs perfect

NextoN
06-23-2006, 07:12 AM
yeah I know i'm running with compressed air and an egg and I never chop(only the first 3 times, or when the velocity was to low)

I had some recocking issues cause the striker wasnt oiled. So when the acs bolt stopped a chop it couldt recock because of to much resistance.
Other then that I was aware of the detent problem when I bought my MR2. But one thing about it that is good. After upgrading to a J&J the marker is so gentle to the balls and I havent had a break since my chop :)