PDA

View Full Version : Sound

breakxeggs
06-13-2006, 06:17 PM
Is there a way to make this gun not so Loud... I mean it gives your postion away like whao. I mean is there like a volume knob or something... What can I do to make it less loud?

Hossy
06-13-2006, 06:23 PM
you mean like a mute button? lol

a barrel would do that..

breakxeggs
06-13-2006, 06:40 PM
DARN IT... because I found the best sniper/ambush postion at the feild we play at and I tried it out and the sound of my gun gave me out.

bamf-hacker
06-13-2006, 07:19 PM
A new barrel will help some. I know the shroud on the MR2 makes that hard, but I saw a few posts here saying J&J Ceramics will fit on the MR2 and they are much quieter than the stock.

or I guess you could wrap your gun in a big piece of this :)

http://www.findaproperty.com/library/libp4726.jpg

HacKeR

new_Faction64
06-14-2006, 03:31 AM
A new barrel will help some. I know the shroud on the MR2 makes that hard, but I saw a few posts here saying J&J Ceramics will fit on the MR2 and they are much quieter than the stock.

or I guess you could wrap your gun in a big piece of this :)

http://www.findaproperty.com/library/libp4726.jpg

HacKeR

Yeah just BE CAREFUL! Putting a silencer device on your marker is ILLEGAL.

And I also wouldn't suggest hot-linking pictures from other websites...not very nice.

bamf-hacker
06-14-2006, 05:15 AM
Yeah just BE CAREFUL! Putting a silencer device on your marker is ILLEGAL.

And I also wouldn't suggest hot-linking pictures from other websites...not very nice.

No one said use a silencer!!! so not sure where that came from.

And posting an image from a site is not a big deal. I could understand if it was a huge image that was causing the bandwidth usage for the site to go up, but this one is from a store that sells the foam, and was very small.

HacKeR

SpyderFan
06-14-2006, 06:40 AM
i have an MR1 and i want to buy some kind of barrel kit for it. maybe a smartparts freak kit. and i wanted to know if it would fit on and MR2.

Hossy
06-14-2006, 07:12 AM
there are different threaded barrels, and im not an expert and never have held the MR1 or 2, but it probably accepts spyder threaded barrels, so if u can get a freak in spyder threads, it should fit

idk if they do sell them tho

ooglieboogliebob
06-14-2006, 07:37 AM
There reall is no such thing as a "sniper" .. since you have the same effective range as any other person. Anyways ... if your gonna play the ROLE of a sniper which is stalking ... and such .. just conceal your position and don't shoot as much !!! one shot one kill ..

Hossy
06-14-2006, 07:40 AM
There reall is no such thing as a "sniper" .. since you have the same effective range as any other person. Anyways ... if your gonna play the ROLE of a sniper which is stalking ... and such .. just conceal your position and don't shoot as much !!! one shot one kill ..

ooglie qft once again

SpyderFan
06-14-2006, 03:51 PM
sniping isnt just about getting really far off shots. its also about camo, concealment, and stealth. you dont have to be a half mile of for your enemy to not know where you are, although it does help. it comes down to taking someone out without them knowing where you are.

Hossy
06-14-2006, 05:07 PM
sniping isnt just about getting really far off shots. its also about camo, concealment, and stealth. you dont have to be a half mile of for your enemy to not know where you are, although it does help. it comes down to taking someone out without them knowing where you are.

the whole point were making is that, all guns shoot the same distance, so sniping is really outa the picture.

i understand what your saying about camo, conealment, and stealth, but really thats being covert, which is a definate must if you are playing in woodsball, but the fact that paintball snipers arent really real.

bamf-hacker
06-14-2006, 05:24 PM
Watch this...

Tyger did a video on the paintball sniper.

Link to low res video (http://webdog.specialopspaintball.com/video/tipclip/s2/2WDR27lo.wmv)

Link to high res video (http://webdog.specialopspaintball.com/video/tipclip/s2/2WDR27.wmv)

Link to Tygers Site (http://webdog.specialopspaintball.com/video/)

HacKeR

breakxeggs
06-14-2006, 06:02 PM
WOW you guys are all losers... and took my sniper postion statment WAY out of context. I didn't say anything about a Paintball Sniper. I should have defined my usage of the word sniper to be a single man ambush. All I want to know is if there is a quiter barrel out on the market that will fit the MR2

Paintyaup
06-14-2006, 06:08 PM
lol

bamf-hacker
06-14-2006, 06:17 PM
WOW you guys are all losers... and took my sniper postion statment WAY out of context. I didn't say anything about a Paintball Sniper. I should have defined my usage of the word sniper to be a single man ambush. All I want to know is if there is a quiter barrel out on the market that will fit the MR2

Hey...., watch who you call losers :). I answered you question way up at the top the thread. My later posts were to provide info to the others that were going down the sniper path.

My apologies if your thread was somewhat hijacked.

Back on topic.....

HacKeR

breakxeggs
06-14-2006, 06:48 PM
No to you at all but the other guys I mean they were just ***holes with the way they typed sniper crap... I totaly took offense to that. But yeah back on topic what is a quiter barrel and does that J&J make it quiter?

bamf-hacker
06-14-2006, 06:51 PM
Yes the J&J ceramic barrels will make the marker queiter... Just make sure you either go to a PB store and make sure it fits in the shroud, or buy it from an online store that wont charge a restocking fee if it does not fit.

HacKeR

breakxeggs
06-14-2006, 07:15 PM
Alright whats the barrel that everyone is using? I keep forgetting the name of the J&J

new_Faction64
06-15-2006, 07:44 AM
Alright whats the barrel that everyone is using? I keep forgetting the name of the J&J

Ceramic.

About the sniper issue, many people take offense when others say they are a "sniper" mainly because of the REAL definition and REAL world function of a sniper. I'm not trying to be offensive or anything, just letting you know why they were so harsh on you. I think they should figure out a word other than "sniper" for a 1 man ambush...which is your current definition for sniper...although it kinda fits, it also doesn't at all.

Cheers

Highbinder
06-18-2006, 06:25 PM
Hey Break, I have a 14 inch J&J ceramic barrel. The gun is still loud. It in the design of the gun. I think we're pretty much stuck with a loud gun with the MR2. The more quiet guns are usually sealed bolt and low pressure.

breakxeggs
06-18-2006, 08:42 PM
darn it... oh well... I guess I'll just have to blow the crap out of ppl before they have a chance to react... which is what I do normaly lol.