PDA

View Full Version : New Orleans

xNinja-Dolphinx
06-13-2006, 06:43 PM
Yes I am in New Orleans right now helping rebuild a church/school. I am having a good time working lol.Yep wake up at 5:30 a.m. and work till 5:30 p.m. till thursday and i get home friday. Ill post some pics and talk more when I get home because my laptop keyboard is hard to type on...

Recon by Fire
06-13-2006, 10:44 PM
Where at exactly in NOLA? I'm staying in the French Quarter but working nights down in the Westbank/Alief-Gretna area, 7pm-7am.

Sandman_Bravo
06-14-2006, 03:16 AM
Les bon temps roulez! Gimme a hurricane(drink) and some beads.
(I was born in Bogalusa even though I'm a yankee now and lived in Pearl River for a year after high school)

albertjackson99
06-14-2006, 03:55 AM
I've been back to NO three times since Katrina. Only as a tourist/partier though. Pretty noble thing your doing...Good on ya.

paintbllkang
06-14-2006, 02:00 PM
we went to new orleans a couple of weeks ago....still quite a bit of damage....i think it is koo that you are helping out, lots of school and churches that were damaged...what do u guys think about rebuilding New Orleans?.....here is a link to some pics.............click here (http://louisiana.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2022262&l=2f2eb&id=47904660)

Recon by Fire
06-14-2006, 08:46 PM
I think rebuilding NOLA is a exercise in futility. Would be better off just relocating to the north bank of the lake and higher ground! I also think "rebuilding" is kind of misleading when speaking of NOLA. NOLA is still here, much of it just as nasty as it was before the storms. Other places/cities have been completely wiped from the map however and nothing remains. Those places need "rebuilding". NOLA just needs "remodeling" ...or demolitions, LOL.

xNinja-Dolphinx
06-16-2006, 08:12 PM
I was in the Algiers part of New Orleans, I did go to a restaraunt in the French Quarter Sunday night though it was a cajun restaraunt by the cafe du monde.

Recon by Fire
06-16-2006, 09:02 PM
Oops, I said Alied earlier (that is a neighborhood in Houston). I meant Algiers too! ...we are right off Gen. DeGaulle.

xNinja-Dolphinx
06-17-2006, 06:25 AM
I was at Calvary Baptist right to the right after you get off the Gen. Degaulle East exit off of buisness 90. There were signs that said carpenters for christ, that was me lol.

~shocktheman~
06-17-2006, 08:37 AM
Ima going down there on Monday, 2 days from now, and will be there for about a week. Gonna be rebuilding a school or a church or something as well....Actually I'm not really sure what were gonna rebuild. One things sure though, it really needs alot of work down there. If you've ever been down there yet there are portions of "urban desert/ghost town" for as far as the eye can see.
Nice work dolphin, its great when people put others needs before there own.

sk8erkid530
06-17-2006, 09:42 AM
hey kool i live in new orleans =)

Recon by Fire
06-18-2006, 07:42 PM
I was at Calvary Baptist right to the right after you get off the Gen. Degaulle East exit off of buisness 90. There were signs that said carpenters for christ, that was me lol.

I know where that is, pass by it everyday. I am further down the road at the Westpark complex. I'm the good looking guy there with the gun :D

xNinja-Dolphinx
06-18-2006, 09:05 PM
I know where that is, pass by it everyday. I am further down the road at the Westpark complex. I'm the good looking guy there with the gun :D
haha great... did you notice the construction going on their? we actually got all the outsid walls up and started drywalling the inside before we left

Recon by Fire
06-19-2006, 09:18 PM
I noticed some stuff going on there before, but didn't see anything lately. Too bad I didn't know you were around befor, we could have meet up for lunch, though i'm usually comatose from about 10/11am-5pm.