PDA

View Full Version : Remotes

Oliver
06-13-2006, 05:08 PM
I wanna get a remote but im not sure if its good or worth the money and if it is effective

ooglieboogliebob
06-13-2006, 05:36 PM
well .. think of it this way ... do you need the remote ?? if not don't buy it ..

One main reason a person gets a remote system is to lighten the gun ... If you don't need to lighten the gun .. then there's one reason you don't need it ..

Another reason is to make a anti-siphon .. since the tanks virtually always pointing up ... .liquid co2 can't get into the tank easily ...

Many people do it for woodsball .. although i don't think i'v seen any do it for speedball ...

There's nothing good or bad about a remote itself .. it's what you do with it which affects how good or bad it is. It won't affect the performance of your gun .. rather the performance of yourself ...

emf7301
06-13-2006, 05:42 PM
it depends on what type of paintball you play, are you into woodsball or speedball? for speedball, i'd say go with out it unless you really want it. For woodsball, it's really just a matter of preference. Some people just don't quite have the armstrength or don't want to have to carry their tank on their gun all day. If you use a large co2 tank, a remote isn't a bad idea because co2 tanks are heavy, the tank is in a vertical position keeping the liquid co2 out of the line, and remote acts as an expansion chamber eliminating any liquid co2 from going into the gun. If you aren't sure, see if someone will let you borrow their remote for a day and see if you like it.

Simply put, it's personal preference. Do what you like the most.