PDA

View Full Version : Dusk or Scorch?

ross * pilot
06-13-2006, 12:50 PM
hey guys, give me the feedback.

Which paintballs? Dusk or Scorch?

i hear good things about scorch but what are they details about dusk?

thanks

vikingshadow
06-13-2006, 12:57 PM
My most favorite paint of all time was Dusk. They used to sell it at Wal-Mart, but quit a couple years ago. I loved the stuff! Always round, good thick fill and very bright colors (white was what I used). In fact, it was the only paint I could find at the time that would fit in my J&J Ceramic barrel...

Scorch is good as well - it was pretty much consitantly round, fill not quite as thick but still a very noticeable pink and if you bought it in the 1500 round container, you got that cool plastic ammo box.

Of the Wal-Mart brands, Dusk was my 1st favorite, followed closely by Scorch.

emf7301
06-13-2006, 01:11 PM
scorch works very well with my pilot and sp linear barrel plus it's only 40 bucks a case at walmart. Plus i like the bright pink fill

Sandman_Bravo
06-13-2006, 02:18 PM
I agree with Vike, Dusk is good and Scorch almost as good. Biggest difference for me was Dusk had tighter more consistant groupings. As for breaks, I found them equal in quality.

http://www.pbreview.com/products/cat/29/

:dodgy:

ross * pilot
06-13-2006, 06:48 PM
ok thanks.

neither paintball tends to break in barrel/gun right, even with the acs?

emf7301
06-13-2006, 06:59 PM
neither should break in the gun but depending on the size of the barrel you have, they could break in it. The stock barrel is big enough for just about all paint.

ross * pilot
06-14-2006, 05:28 AM
yea, i have a 16'' progressive barrel. Dusk and scorch should fit in that fine right?

vikingshadow
06-14-2006, 05:42 AM
Dusk is a pretty small paint - it should fit most barrels. I don't remember the size of Scorch, but I never had problems with it either. You can buy either in those 200 round jugs pretty cheap. What I would do would be buy a jug of each and then take it out and try them both. Decide then whether you like them or not!

When determining paint use, I look for roundness of the paint, few or no dimples, whether the paint will fit my barrel or not (thank goodness for kits though!) color and thickness of the fill (is it really noticeable so that if you hit someone way across the field, you can really tell it?) and since I have eyes on my guns, I look at what color the shell is - I won't shoot dark paint if I can help it. Not that I've had trouble with it, but several others report having trouble with dark shelled paint, so I just avoid it. Then, I look to see how big the "dip" is along the seam. If it's a big dent where the two halves come together, the change for a curve shot is pretty big - like a baseball. If it's a pretty even dent that isn't too deep - it's going to fly straight, if there aren't any dimples or lopsidedness, of course.

Of course, I'm anal about some things, and really picky on top of that. Once I find a paint I like, I tend to stay with it, if it's available to me.

ross * pilot
06-14-2006, 08:49 AM
ok thanks. ive been having some trouble lately finding Dusk paint. Is it at walmart?

vikingshadow
06-14-2006, 10:30 AM
Not around here - at least not for the past couple of years. Last I saw, Academy Sports had it.