PDA

View Full Version : etek ego!?

claustrophobia9
06-13-2006, 11:07 AM
http://www.planeteclipse.com/site/eStart.asp

thats all you get, no1 knows anything else that will tell. its a new gun thats about it.

ion competition is what many are speculating.

edit: its etec i had eteck, and deleted the wrong letter.

edit again: i wasnt wrong the pbn guys were its etek not etec

marvin-martian
06-13-2006, 11:21 AM
eh...so much for details

claustrophobia9
06-13-2006, 11:40 AM
eh...so much for details
theyre hyping it. this is the "we wont tell you" hype.

the ion didn't need any hype.

durrell
06-13-2006, 01:11 PM
the ion didn't need any hype.

Yeah, you're a moron if you think that..they hyped the Ion more than any gun release I've ever seen.

claustrophobia9
06-13-2006, 01:22 PM
Yeah, you're a moron if you think that..they hyped the Ion more than any gun release I've ever seen.
my bad i forgot to say prerelease hype.

durrell
06-13-2006, 01:23 PM
my bad i forgot to say prerelease hype.

That's what I was talking about..you don't remember all the OMGWTFBBQ SHOCKER FOR 300 BUCKS OMG OMG OMG..

claustrophobia9
06-13-2006, 01:25 PM
That's what I was talking about..you don't remember all the OMGWTFBBQ SHOCKER FOR 300 BUCKS OMG OMG OMG.. they didnt announce it until it was shipping.

shunut
06-13-2006, 02:34 PM
The word on the streets is, it is a mid end marker, that is being made to compete with the PM6.

ShadowX
06-13-2006, 02:44 PM
The word on the streets is, it is a mid end marker, that is being made to compete with the PM6.

Closed bolt marker from Eclipse.... Right :dodgy:

shunut
06-13-2006, 02:54 PM
Who said anything about a closed bolt? You don't have to have the same exact operation to compete with another product. They will have similar functions and similar price tag.

ShadowX
06-13-2006, 04:08 PM
Oh, I see now.. Kinda like, Wrath and ION maybe?

shunut
06-13-2006, 04:11 PM
I guess you could say that. Basically they are releasing a marker in the same price range as the PM6.

ShadowX
06-13-2006, 04:17 PM
Gotcha, Cool.. I want to see this badly..

timmyshoota
06-13-2006, 04:22 PM
Closed bolt = NOT A PM6.

Closed bolt is what Cockers are. Mostly everything else is open bolt. This is like the 2389838438809439th time someone has called a DM/PM a closed bolt marker.

claustrophobia9
06-13-2006, 04:22 PM
i never really wanted to own something with a matrix tag (sorry moomoo, but its the principle of the matter) cuz i dont like how dye wont keep old models for sale so i can get something NEW and CHEAP, rather than used by some "aggtastic" person who left sticker marks all over it or pay 1100 bucks and be working off the mortgage on my left tes***le for 3 years. otherwise i would own a proto, this could be the marker that i buy if it plays its cards right. id rather have 3 600 buck markers than 6 300 buck markers or 1 1800 (sl66... even though i love you soo much!)

timmyshoota
06-13-2006, 04:24 PM
Dye sells the old models until they run out of them, just like EVERY other company. PE doesn't sell 05 Egos, Bob Long doesn't make 2k5 Timmys anymore. Once they are gone they are gone. Thats the way every company is.

claustrophobia9
06-13-2006, 04:46 PM
Dye sells the old models until they run out of them, just like EVERY other company. PE doesn't sell 05 Egos, Bob Long doesn't make 2k5 Timmys anymore. Once they are gone they are gone. Thats the way every company is.
thats because they run from year model to year model. it would be better if they went from gun model to gun model. ie: they have an ego and some other gun and every other year they make a new ego and every year in between they make a new w/e the other is. smartparts does this, but its like every 3 years, and thats too long to wait imo. spyder does it with their multiple going models, like the imagine and electra etc. and i know pe doesnt sell theirs. but altleast it is ONLY the markers that they change very little of. dye recycles their gear designs year after year. 05 and 06 werent like 2 stitches different. if nothing is wrong with the old one dont make a new one. im not sayign they dont make good stuff, im just saying i wish they would learn to make it a little cheaper.

timmyshoota
06-13-2006, 04:53 PM
Claus, you make good points a lot of the time, and make some very intellectual posts...but that one was as far from either as it could be.

I think your beef with Dye is simply that they are expensive, and you just made up a reason. I understand the price beef, but Dye makes super quality stuff. The only thing they've messed up with recently is the membrane pads, but they've solved that now. If you look around when the new stuff comes out you can get last year's model stuff for a good price. C5 gear, DM5s, etc. DM5s are going for $900 on AV right now, and D has them for much cheaper. The best thing to honestly do is goto World Cup or Commanders Cup. Companies sell last years stuff cheap.

We should probably redirect this back on topic though.

claustrophobia9
06-13-2006, 05:01 PM
super quality doesnt cost 900 or even 1200 bucks, i have a beef on all paintball companies, its just dye does it with everything. why should something that redirects air be of equal price to something like a computer which does so much more. i say the industry needs to become more efficient, save the customer some money, and get more customers in the sport. ill tell you, one of the top 3 reasons people quit paintball is money, i garuntee it. pm6... id get it but when you have plastic/"polymer" parts on a marker that cant be easily replaced (wtf do they sell those eye covers?) i dont care whether it is likely to break or not, ill break it somehow.

anyway, on topic, i brightened the pic a lil to pull it from the background for those who have old school monitors.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/claustrophobia9/ETEKEGO.jpg

built in rail.. i like it already.

bleh, just realized why i hate pbn all over again... d-bag central.

spydr
06-13-2006, 05:32 PM
Claus its like gas,as long as people will pay it,why not keep doing it?
If america said no more gas until you lower it,boom you would see gas drop instantly.If paintballers said no dye until they lower the price you would see the price drop majorly by the next fiscal period.

claustrophobia9
06-13-2006, 05:43 PM
there was a man who was selling vases, a tourist walked by and saw the vases, she looked at two of them and asked "what is the difference between these two vases?" the man said "nothing" the tourist looked at him again and asked "then why is there a 30 dollar price difference?" the man said "some people like to spend 40 dollars on a 10 dollar vase"

phatphil
06-14-2006, 08:21 AM
Looks light it could be goood, hopefully around $500.

claustrophobia9
06-14-2006, 08:36 AM
Looks light it could be goood, hopefully around $500. i like the built in rail, but those grips look enormous.

taurinic
06-14-2006, 08:44 AM
built in rail, woopdedoooo!!!! one less part to worry about!

durrell
06-14-2006, 09:08 AM
Looks light it could be goood, hopefully around $500.

I concur with phatty.

claustrophobia9
06-14-2006, 09:58 AM
another tease guys...
http://www.planeteclipse.com/etek/
go here:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1594158 12.5k views gets another hint from nicky t. its at ~9k

bamf-hacker
06-14-2006, 11:17 AM
A $500 Ego... NICE!!!

HacKeR

Chris Cole
06-14-2006, 04:42 PM
Supposed info from the news section on PBNation:

ETek Ego Features

Background:-
The ETek Ego is a completely new Ego designed from the ground up. Although some of the parts are interchangeable with the Eclipse Ego, such as eye covers, LPR cap, Feed Tube etc the majority of the internals, frame, trigger and body are not. They have been designed with simplicity and durability in mind, yet also keep the same high performance expected from an Eclipse Family product.

In order to differentiate between the new ETek range and the Eclipse Ego6 range we have removed some User and Performance features. There is no LCD display, for example, but we have replaced it with 3 True-color LEDs that can be used to display modes, marker condition and used to quickly and easily modify and set parameters whilst in programming mode. There is the potential to have virtually all the adjustability of a standard Eclipse Ego, with ROF cap, Mode, Dwell, Debounce etc however obvious things like Peak ROF indicator, timer etc are lost once the LCD is removed. The Integrated QEVs have also been removed from the rammer system to further differentiate the performance characteristics of the two lines, as has the optical switch used in the trigger mechanism, replaced instead with a more conventional micro-switch.

The ETek is designed and executed using the same philosophy as the original Ego. That is performance, durability, ease of use, ease of maintenance and ease of technical trouble-shooting. In all the areas that the Ego performs so highly in regard to durability and user-friendliness the ETek Ego has it at the very least matched. In some areas, with the removal, for example, of the QEVs, maintenance of the rammer and valve is now even further simplified. We believe that just because this is lower cost product that it shouldn’t use intelligent design or be any less user-friendly than previous Eclipse products.

The ETek will accept all current ‘06 CCU (Color Contrast Kit) and C-Lever Clamping Feeds. It will also accept any 05 or 06 Aftermarket Bolt (Nexus, Dart Etc). It still utilizes Cocker Barrel threads, and has a standard slide-rail ASA mount on the frame.

• Body – New 06 ETek Body. Def Tek offset feed tube, No Frame Tag slot, No Frame Tag, Body-Ported Barb Fittings for Rammer Inlets. Dual ETek Rubberised jewels, ‘Cocker Threads
• Feed Tube – Standard Clamping Feed Tube the same shape, size and fitting method as Ego 5 and 6
• Barrel – New 13” Length, reduced porting, reduced external machining, new formed stick-in rubber badge. ‘Cocker threaded.
• Bolt – New Shape. Much shorter version of Ego 5 Bolt. Same Ramped Top, ramped ball detent grooves, open bolt face, Drilled single hole inlet, plain shape at rear. Interchangeable with all Ego 05 and 06 bolts.
• New Valve Chamber and Valve – Enlarged Valve chamber offers operating pressures of 250-280 psi
• Rammer Housing – New ETek Rammer and Rammer Housing. No QEVs, but direct Fore and Aft Porting to Rammer. Does not accept any Ego 05 or 06 stock OR aftermarket rammers or rammer housings.
• Bolt Pin – New Shape. Plain Turned Pin. Larger diameter to allow easier grip and removal
• Ball Detents – Same as Ego 6
• Eye Covers – Same as ’05 Ego and Ego 6
• LPR – Adjustable LPR. Remodelled cap. Large Valve chamber for low pressure operation.
• FRM – New Shape and Mounting system.
• In-Line Reg – New Shape for ‘06 ETek, same internals as and Ego 5 and 6, Swivel Inlet
• Frame – New Shape, larger trigger guard, single push-button, 3 x True-color LEDs, Rubberised aesthetic semi-transparent control console with EGO logo and viewing windows for LEDs, 4 x tapped bottom-line mounting holes. Spring trigger return, micro switch operation. Integrated slide rail/dove-tail
• Trigger – New for ‘06 ETek. Blade profile, radius edges, thinner section, centrally mounted trigger prong for enhanced PCB contamination protection.
• Parameters – Firing Mode, Eye Off ROF, Capped Modes ROF (Semi 1 is Uncapped), Valve Dwell, Debounce, Ball-in-Place
• PCB – New for ‘06 ETek featuring a micro-switch trigger, 3 x True-color LED, Single external push button, single set-up button, all tourney modes: Semi, Capped Semi. Capped Ramping (NPPL, PSP, Millennium compatible), and a locking facility to make tournament legal.
• On/Off/Purge System – same as system found on SL66
• Break-Beam Eyes – High efficiency break-beam eyes and advanced eye logic. Auto-off default.
• Grips – ‘05 Ego and Ego 6 Style mounting. Current grip is same as the existing Ego 6 grip. Soft rubber wrap-around with metal jewel Logo.
Weight: 1.12 kg / 2.47 lb with Barrel, On/Off/Purge, Regulators, Fittings and Battery Length: 508mm / 20.0” with 13” Barrel
Width: 28mm / 1.1” with Eye Covers
Height: 225mm / 8.8” Including Feed Tube and On/Off/Purge Assembly

claustrophobia9
06-14-2006, 06:18 PM
Body New 06 ETek Body. Def Tek offset feed tube offset feed tube? that isnt like... the omen is it? that could break the deal if it is.

timmyshoota
06-14-2006, 06:29 PM
offset feed tube? that isnt like... the omen is it? that could break the deal if it is.
regular Ego feednecks are offset. Take a look at one. ITs not as offset as an Omen, its just slight. I forget the reasoning, I guess it has to do with double feeding.

claustrophobia9
06-14-2006, 06:34 PM
regular Ego feednecks are offset. Take a look at one. ITs not as offset as an Omen, its just slight. I forget the reasoning, I guess it has to do with double feeding.
wtf? u sure? ive seen a few in person and i never noticed that. then its back on my good list, as long as this is all real info. people say official news is coming out by this weekend.

edit: i took a look, it is offset by like 2 mm. apparently to prevent balls from bouncing back up as much when they feed.

Chris Cole
06-15-2006, 04:53 AM
Pics: http://www.planeteclipse.com/site/eNews.asp?newsID=188

Yep, it's an Ego.

claustrophobia9
06-15-2006, 05:07 AM
the eye covers stick out.... i dont see how this can be 2.47 pounds (more than the nexus) if it looks like they milled a ton off. i like the sl66 on/off

i will defenately get it if its under 600
more ill consider.

durrell
06-15-2006, 07:13 AM
Mmm if it's under 600 for the public I hope the dealer cost is nice and low, cause I'll be picking one up. :thumbup:

bamf-hacker
06-15-2006, 07:16 AM
I love it, looks like "mini Ego"

D get us a price!!!

HacKeR

claustrophobia9
06-15-2006, 07:17 AM
Mmm if it's under 600 for the public I hope the dealer cost is nice and low, cause I'll be picking one up. :thumbup:
i think "you" need two.... ;)

edit: its been going around the nation that its more like 750, but people just keep saying it cuz one guy guessed a number and none of them can read, same with the other figures of 600 and 500. all just speculation.

claustrophobia9
06-15-2006, 09:23 AM
http://www.planeteclipse.com/Folders/Downloads/Manuals/ETEGMVOL106.pdf

adobe has been stupid for awhile, i cant open it right now, but maybe you can, its the etek manual

i got it running, i had to save it cuz the new adobe reader wont open in firefox for some reason, better pics of the frame are inside...

bigred76
06-15-2006, 11:47 AM
Hmm, working fine in my Firefox, Claus. Mebbe you need to update yours. ;)

Nice find! I looked in the store section and didn't see it there, should be interesting what they finally price it at.

EDIT: Just noticed that they go over stripping a solenoid, did they do that in the older manuals? (I'm too lazy to go check lol)

shunut
06-15-2006, 12:20 PM
EDIT: Just noticed that they go over stripping a solenoid, did they do that in the older manuals? (I'm too lazy to go check lol)

It does in my manual Tim.

Should be interesting to see how much they are. I don't plan on getting one just cusious I guess. The only feature on the ETEK that I like that I don't have on my Ego is the SL66 style rail/bottom line. I wish mine were like that.

claustrophobia9
06-15-2006, 06:56 PM
Hmm, working fine in my Firefox, Claus. Mebbe you need to update yours. ;)

Nice find! I looked in the store section and didn't see it there, should be interesting what they finally price it at.

EDIT: Just noticed that they go over stripping a solenoid, did they do that in the older manuals? (I'm too lazy to go check lol) i think it was too much of a problem so they put it in.

and my firefox messed up when i updated both of them in the same day (adobe reader, and firefox) it opens outside of the fox just fine...

shunut
06-15-2006, 07:20 PM
Ego 6 vs ETEK

Height with on/off

Ego 6 = 230 mm(9.06")
ETEK = 225 mm(8.86") -5 mm(0.2")

Length with Barrel

Ego 6 (14" barrel) = 538 mm(21.18")
ETEK (13" barrel) = 508 mm(20") -30 mm(1.18") smaller barrel though

Width with Eye Covers

Ego 6 = 27.3 mm(1.07")
ETEK = 28 mm(1.1") +0.7 mm(0.03")

Weight (with on/off, reg and barrel)

Ego 6 = 1108 g(2.44 lbs)
ETEK = 1120 g(2.47 lbs) +12 g(0.03 lbs)

I also found this. Badlands Paintball (http://badlandspaintball.com/guns/ego.html). Its canadian so you have to convert the price to US, which is about $771.83.

I saw this ad somewhere else but I don't remember.

claustrophobia9
06-15-2006, 07:41 PM
I also found this. Badlands Paintball (http://badlandspaintball.com/guns/ego.html). Its canadian so you have to convert the price to US, which is about $771.83.
comparitivly the ego 6 is is 94% the badlands price at actionvillage, if you apply that to the 771 bucks for the etek it comes closer to 730 im saying entrence price will be 750 as expected.

edit: that IS the release price, announced by ego last night

davidthegr8
06-16-2006, 05:16 PM
thats the MSRP but it will most likely be like 700 in stores

claustrophobia9
06-16-2006, 05:32 PM
thats the MSRP but it will most likely be like 700 in stores
no because eclipse decides the minimum asking price of markers so that companies dont undersell and go out of business to their dealers, any dealer that undersells it will loose their liscense with eclipse. eclipse said they will sell for 750 that means they will sell for 750

Hossy
06-16-2006, 07:31 PM
anybody know what colors it will come in?

claustrophobia9
06-16-2006, 07:40 PM
anybody know what colors it will come in?probably blue black red and all the colors other egos come in, they wouldnt charge 750 and make it a model t.

Hossy
06-16-2006, 07:47 PM
haha yeah your right claus

Whats your price on it Durrell?

claustrophobia9
06-16-2006, 07:49 PM
haha yeah your right claus

Whats your price on it Durrell?
in a public access place he is required to post the set price at the lowest, which is 750. pm him for a price durrel can offer.

jomomanator
06-16-2006, 08:12 PM
more info (http://www.planeteclipse.com/site/eNews.asp?newsID=188)

UKwithPride
06-16-2006, 09:24 PM
more info (http://www.planeteclipse.com/site/eNews.asp?newsID=188)

Pics: http://www.planeteclipse.com/site/eNews.asp?newsID=188

Yep, it's an Ego.

Durrrr, you're such a noob jerd :dodgy:

hodni_sania
06-17-2006, 06:37 AM
According to badlands the colours are black, jungle(green/black) or urban(whatever that is). But I hope they come out with a red one.

claustrophobia9
06-22-2006, 07:27 AM
i need pics on the urban... if its urban camo ill have that thing faster than anyone here. if its just grey i might get it or black... no camo = delayed response.

killerpinecone
06-22-2006, 07:30 AM
i need pics on the urban... if its urban camo ill have that thing faster than anyone here. if its just grey i might get it or black... no camo = delayed response.

Hmm, camo=fast, maybe the army will use egos now

claustrophobia9
06-22-2006, 07:31 AM
Hmm, camo=fast, maybe the army will use egos now
no, urban camo=in my hands on july 2nd.

killerpinecone
06-22-2006, 07:34 AM
dont make me get my victor

claustrophobia9
06-22-2006, 05:51 PM
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/BrowseCatalog-Start;sid=hkz3dlyQ3S73tBgLztM33lZZOb8v7N0hhZk=?Cat egoryName=paintball-paintball-guns-eclipse-paintball-guns

pics of urban... meh... it could be better, but now i cant decide. i like the grey black stuff, but i think black would look better, and olive is just the best looking overall imo, but im not big into the olive thing.

shunut
06-23-2006, 09:52 AM
I just got my email news letter from PE. The ETek will be available in stores July 1st.

claustrophobia9
06-23-2006, 04:13 PM
I just got my email news letter from PE. The ETek will be available in stores July 1st.
thats old news my friend... maybe page 3 or 4

shunut
06-23-2006, 08:45 PM
I've read over the entire thread again, twice and I see no metion of it being released on July 1st. The only date that I see anywhere is where you posted, "no, urban camo=in my hands on july 2nd."

As for the colors, I just noticed a new pic on PE's site of a Green version with black accents and Grey with Black Accents. PE is calling them Jungle and Urban, that I know was known but they really don't look Camo to me.

Jungle:

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f395/shunut/Ego/EtekEgoJungle1.jpg

Urban:

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f395/shunut/Ego/EtekEgoUrban1.jpg

timmyshoota
06-23-2006, 08:47 PM
You may be right about the price, but claus posted a link to the pics up like 4 posts above yours. ;)

shunut
06-23-2006, 08:49 PM
Oh well, now everyone can be lazy and not have to click a link.