PDA

View Full Version : some questions

lud_08
06-13-2006, 10:34 AM
I Just bought an 04 imagine and want to know what upgrades are better. What works better the eyes or the anti chop bolt combined with the t-board. Also do you even need the anti chop bolt or eye if you have a fast enough hopper. Another thing how much usually does a local shop charge to install eyes. And whats the difference between the smart parts progressive barrel and the tear drop barrel. And what are the best flat triggers because i cant find any besides the shocktech one. Last what are the cheapest and lowest feed necks for my gun. I want to hook up my gun alot and want to know what is good to do for my gun.

thanks in advance I finnaly upgraded my crap brass eagle to a spyder.

druid
06-13-2006, 11:21 AM
your marker uses "vision cocking" bolts

eyes are only better so long as they are clean to see and acs bolts only work as long as it collapses before the paint shell does.

local shops (I don't think) install eyes in spyders as a general practice...a machine shop, yeah they could do it.

Progressives and tear drops are about the same just a different name...

CIP Sweetspot triggers are like the shocktech without the bunp on the back...

Feednecks are more or less...pick one you like "with holes (in ears)"....

WhatThaSmurf
06-13-2006, 04:05 PM
yeah, all that, but the 04 imagines take the feednecks with tabs, not holes

lud_08
06-13-2006, 05:25 PM
thanks this helps alot

lud_08
06-13-2006, 08:27 PM
One more thing what is micro line and macro line and whats the difference between them and steel braided hoses. Also can they be used with co2

druid
06-13-2006, 09:44 PM
microline is the small tubing you see on the 3 way of an autococker

macroline is bigger and is seen coming out the reg and goes to the asa on an Ion

lud_08
06-14-2006, 09:14 AM
oh but is it better than steel braided hoses or is it just for looks. thanks

druid
06-14-2006, 09:42 AM
well...not necessarily 'better' but it's lighter and can be color-matched to your set up. It's plastic line...so it's susceptible to rupture (especially when weakened by the cold of CO2) and should be kept out of the direct sun...but it's cheap (around $1 a foot), and cut to fit with a sharp knife so replacements are a quick and easy fix.

To run a macroline set up, you need the line and 2 macro fittings.
If the fittings are going into stock Spyder ASA's and VA's, you need "spyder" or Metric threaded fittings.
If the fittings are going into aftermarket ASA's like Unimounts and an aftermarket, in-line reg (like a Torp, CP, et al) you need standard Empirical fittings.