PDA

View Full Version : 50 CPS spyder

emf7301
06-13-2006, 09:58 AM
I was bored and cruising the pbreview forums and came across this thread. The thread is about 9 months old but still friggin amazing. We have video and goldwave proof that spyders can do 50 FULL cycles per second. :jawdrop: I bow to ta2maki, creator of the magnificent AMG :bow:. Check it out!

http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335649

Ace24
06-13-2006, 12:44 PM
Now thats a gun I am afraid of... Holy effing shishcabob:eek: :bow:

I dont think I would have the courage to face him on the field with that thing. I mean it would be hella cool to say I went up against someone with a gun like that. But good lord! The amount of pain! :eek:

colonel_moo
06-13-2006, 01:20 PM
that vid looks extremely fake...

Ace24
06-13-2006, 04:11 PM
How is that? The bolt is moving so fast you cant even see it, and the sound. How is it fake?

*but where does his gun hook up to the air? it has this tube connected to it? *confussed*

emf7301
06-13-2006, 04:17 PM
i'm pretty sure he is hooked up to a scuba tank.

ooglieboogliebob
06-13-2006, 04:18 PM
... it's a remote it's hooked up onto the HPA tank ...

BTW doesn't look real to me either ... that deff isn't 50cps either ... besides ... the cycles wouldn't be that consistant .. there'd be half cycles and such ...

big_daddy_d
06-13-2006, 04:20 PM
ok spyder being a blowback marker can cycle 50CPS thats been proven, you add paint to that mixture and try to shoot 50 BPS it will never happen (blowback), no matter how much you mod that spyder, you would have one paint filled mess on your hands...

Ace24
06-13-2006, 04:21 PM
I figured it was either a remote or a scuba tank, but I wasnt sure.

bungeye
06-13-2006, 08:18 PM
it is fake, or atleast the sound.

if you look closley when he first pulls the trigger here is a short delay untill the sond starts, then he lets go and then pulls again. now this is the part wea he screwed up. when he takes his finger off for the second time, the gun still fires 1 few times, but the sound keeps on goin. to see this urself, watch the video and just b4 he hets the trgger go for the 2nd time, pause the video. then using the frame forward button, go forward untill he takes his finger off the trigger. now press play and the bolt fires about 2-3 time, but then stops. now the funny thing is thatsound still comes through. even after he has let go of the trigger and the bolt has stoped oveing.

vikingshadow
06-14-2006, 05:35 AM
I don't think that makes it fake. If you saw the video of the last tournament I played in, the sound was off by about a half second. I've seen lots of videos where the sound doesn't keep up with the picture - the fact that the gun is moving like it is shows me this is possibly a true video. Of course, if I'm wrong, I'll admit to being a sucker, but I just don't think this is fake.

Thing I question is, what is trying to be proved here? It's already a known fact that a Spyder can cycle at higher speeds than 50 CPS. A lot of guns can. I believe I read somewhere that a Spyder and similar guns can cycle as high as 65 CPS.

When it really comes down to it, at least in several people's eyes, is how fast it will shoot with paint involved. The cabability of a spyder to shoot fast is there due to it's high cycling rate, but because of it's other limitations, i.e. sear wear, burping, decocking, choking, etc...it still won't shoot any faster than the loader or mechanical limitations of the marker itself, and cycles per second are an afterthought once the cycling speed has been determined. NOW, if he were to get it to shoot at a much higher than normal rate for that gun, say mid to upper 30's low 40's - without the limitations of the marker showing up, then I'd be really impressed! Of course, I would be on ANY gun if that were possible.

As far as that tired argument they're having in that thread (spyder vs "insert any gun here") well, it's just as stupid as the Ion vs "insert gun here" - of course they're all taking the side of the gun they have, and it's obvious most have never shot anything BUT the gun they're defending.

claustrophobia9
06-14-2006, 06:28 AM
im saying the kick was right, i need to see the bolt though, it looks like it may be delrin. the sound... it didnt sound right, wtf was the clicking in the background? im putting a 65% on it being real.

thechubbss12
06-14-2006, 06:47 AM
Bahh real or not.... atleast he put some work into something LOL.....

Nice find kinda wierd... and as long as you can shoot someone with the gun and your comfortable with it who cares how good it is and how much it cost?....

Ace24
06-14-2006, 12:51 PM
I care how much it costs because I am poor rofl. But it looked real to me. The camera could have not picked the sound up immediatly for 2 reasons, slow sound to frame rate and/or the high pitch of the guns bolt is hard for the camera to pick up. I have a video on my space where I am shooting off my Fenix and the cam's sound is disrupted. I think its real, if you look at the recoil, for any gun to recoil that much, there has to be more then 30CPS.