PDA

View Full Version : gun misfires. i need help

fish3191
06-13-2006, 08:44 AM
i just bought a spyder fenix. after a couple hundred shots the gun starts to have a double shot with like a double kick back. it feels as if the gun is sorta trying to shoot two balls at once but only one comes out and curves everywhere. it doesnt feel like a clean fire,but sorta shaky and jammed this happens on all of the firing modes. most of the balls will break in the barrel so i have taken out the cocking bolt and everything and cleaned it out. i started using it again and it still does the same thing. im not sure whats wrong. I believe it might be a defective gun but not sure. If anybody knows whats wrong, please help me.

Hossy
06-13-2006, 08:54 AM
are u out of air??

ooglieboogliebob
06-13-2006, 08:58 AM
First of all, do you have an electronic loader ??? .. thats your first problem ..

Send of all .. does your detent look like it's cracked, or chipped ??

fish3191
06-13-2006, 09:29 AM
im not out of air, and it doesnt llook like its chipped or anything. and i do have an electronic loader

Ace24
06-13-2006, 12:51 PM
It could be your ball detent (That little metal ball inside the gun that holds the ball in place). If that is jammed or paint is in it, or it was defective when you got the gun, it is possible for the gun to double feed.

First turn off your gun and make sure it wont fire, then stick your finger down the feed neck and into the gun with the bolt cocked back. Press your finger against the detent and see if it is hard to push or if it stays in. If it does stay in, and/or is weak, you can pick up a new one for $2-$8. (depending if you get an upgrade or just a replacement)

Sandman_Bravo
06-13-2006, 03:26 PM
Is your battery fully charged? What does your hammer look like where the sear catches it? Is the valve, seal, and pin in good shape?
What pressure are you reading when this occurs?
Is the hammer bumper in place correctly?

Raygun
06-14-2006, 10:25 PM
My friend had a similare problem and his striker bolt was cracked!! He had to order a new one and that fixed the problem! But i thinkk that it is probably a problem with the anti-double feed or in other words the abll detent!

Sandman_Bravo
06-15-2006, 07:01 PM
Yeah but he said it's not double feeding balls, only one comes out. I had a problem with my detents and replaced them with KIla units = solved multiiple balls. It sounds as if it's a firing issue due to his "double kick back". That's why I was asked what pressure it occurs at, maybe it's a re-cocking/burping issue?