PDA

View Full Version : Sonix upgrades?

tarheelscrln40
06-12-2006, 08:58 PM
my new sonix is stock, what should my first upgrade be and what are some good ones i can get for cheap?

druid
06-12-2006, 09:13 PM
look in the stickies...there's help in there... :D

Oberon
06-17-2006, 10:00 AM
my new sonix is stock, what should my first upgrade be and what are some good ones i can get for cheap?

I agree with druid, there is a lot of good advise in the stickies.

But I just got my sonix about 6 weeks ago (my very first marker) and after the very first day of play realized it needed "something". My guess was that a new barrel would really help.

It did. :D

I was lucky because my local pro-shop had a used 14" freak (full freak) for $60. That was a little more than I wanted to spend on a barrel but the bargin was too good to pass up. My guess is that even a $30-40 dollar barrel will make a significant improvement though.

The next upgrades that I plan are, in order:

1. Electric Hopper
2. Anti-chop bolt
3. ESP Trigger Frame

Since you need the e-hopper and the ac bold to get the most out of the e-frame, I figured the above sequence makes sense if, like me, you can only afford one upgrade at a time.

After that, I am not sure what I will add (if anything).

But I'm a noobz so don't take too much stock in my opinion.

After that I am not sure, and this is subject to change. But I'm just a noob,

Hob Hayward
06-17-2006, 03:06 PM
Well if your thinking of getting an anti-chop bolt and a a faster loader, I suggest spending the money that you'd pay for the ACS to get an Eggy as a hopper, with that, I don't think youd have any chopping problems, unless you can, or plan to shoot 17 bps, in which case a halo would probably do better.

Hossy
06-17-2006, 03:17 PM
oberon, id suggest to get the anti chop bolt first, unless u plan to get a new high end gun fast.

that is because, the new hopper wont really do anything, because the gravity feed will fill as fast as you need, with the mech. frame.

when u get the trigger frame, get the hopper the same day, or if ur ordering online, then well buy at the same time.

sometimes they might give u a discount if u go to a real store!

vikingshadow
06-17-2006, 03:43 PM
Welcome to the Sonix family. I have an older model Sonix, but these newer ones sure looks sweet!

A new barrel is essential. My first barrel was the 32* Night Stick, and it remains to this day one of my favorites. Then the loader and an ESP frame is what I would get. Like Hob said, an Egg will definitely feed fast enough for the Sonix and you won't really need the ACS bolt - if you can shoot faster than the egg, you can get a Z board for the Egg which is plenty fast enough. You should get the ACS later, in my opinion, just for additional protection against chopping. In fact, I would get a good regulator and a clamping feedneck before getting the bolt, but that's me!

Do a few home mods that are found in the stickies, and start upgrading that bad boy!

My order of upgrades (home mods are done at any given time and usually free:)

1. Barrel or barrel kit
2. Clamping feedneck (I hated losing my loader!)
3. Electric Loader (Eggy, Reloader, Revy - if you can find them)
4. ESP Frame - IPI if you can find one because it's cheaper, CAMD otherwise
5. Regulator
6. ACS bolt