PDA

View Full Version : Removing Venturi?

Backmanshooter
06-12-2006, 06:48 PM
I'm thinking about removing the venturi from my bolt. Does it work? Or does it become a gas hog? Let me know your input from this home mod.

Thank You.

All responses will be appreciated [unless flaming].

bungeye
06-12-2006, 09:09 PM
nahh i foud that its sweet as. the point of it is to increase air flow. so its easier on gas. i found that the easiest way to remove it is to get 2 long nails and put one down the bolt, from the front open end and inbetween one of the cuts in the venturi, do the same with the other nail, but opposite the first one. then grab some pliers and use them to grab onto both nails. then twist. its that easy.

claustrophobia9
06-13-2006, 05:52 AM
i think its a great idea but they didn't impliment it properly. venturi's law best works on something of consistant flow, not something with temporary bursts of flow designed to delever a quantity of air asap. and only grab non contact areas (dont hit your marker) with pliars. you may need to bake it first to break the loctite.

thechubbss12
06-13-2006, 08:18 AM
Yep but word of advise.... when you heat the bolt up to loosen the lock tite... After you are done removing do not cool the bolt with water... Let it air cool, becasue if you ever decide you want to polish the bolt it will be 3x harder to remove the anno becasue you super hardened it.

claustrophobia9
06-13-2006, 12:44 PM
Yep but word of advise.... when you heat the bolt up to loosen the lock tite... After you are done removing do not cool the bolt with water... Let it air cool, becasue if you ever decide you want to polish the bolt it will be 3x harder to remove the anno becasue you super hardened it.
why dont they do that to shockers?

Prospekt
09-03-2006, 08:43 PM
Don't be a fool and take a massive drill bit and drill straight down the bolt to get rid of the venturi like I did. I mean, it worked quite well, until it cooled off and I discovered it was warped and would no longer go into the gun.

In retrospect, I figure I should have done it much more slowly. And yes, I did use cutting oil.

vikingshadow
09-04-2006, 04:35 AM
Before you do all that - just reach inside the bolt with some long needle nose pliers. Mine wasn't loctited in, and it came out really easy. Seems to me several people also said awhile back their's was loose also.

If you can't get it out that way, just take a lighter and heat it up some through the hole in the bottom of the bolt. Won't take much!