PDA

View Full Version : I have a MAJOR leak....

vikingshadow
06-12-2006, 02:00 PM
in my Shocker and can't seem to fix it.

So I get a new trigger - the NDZ slik trigger - and was trying it out. What started happening was strange. It all of a sudden would stop shooting. The noid would click, but the bolt wouldn't go forward for a while. A couple of times it would, but no air would go through. Then no more. THis started happening a few weeks ago - it would misfire like it was getting bolt stick or something, then it'd be fine. I had cleaned it prior to playing and cleaned it twice since then.

Here's what I did:

1. Checked all my board settings including dwell - and they were all ok. (Although for some weird reason, my board had reset itself to factory settings - weird.)

2. Changed the battery. Twice!

3. Cleaned and relubed the bolt.

4. Cleaned the noid plunger and relubed.

5. Cleaned the solenoid inserts and reinserted them, lining them up flush with the body - stock body.

When I put it back together again, all of a sudden I had a MAJOR leak from the right, front side exhaust on the manifold, looking at it from upside down. Immediately, this is what I did:

1. WENT TO YDNA's site and checked it out - several times. Specifically, this page (http://www.zdspb.com/tech/mguide/shockersft/maintenance_sol_parker.html), this page (http://www.zdspb.com/tech/mguide/shockersft/trouble_manifoldleak.html) and this page (http://www.zdspb.com/tech/mguide/shockersft/trouble_pneumatics.html).

2. Changed and lubed the orings on the manifold - all six of them.

3. Replaced the bolt sail oring.

4. Replaced the 2nd to the last oring on the bolt sleeve - I think. (I'm not up on all the names of these things. It goes - from the front of the gun barrel end: bolt with firing can, bolt sleeve then bolt guide. Right?)

5. I DID NOT replace the orings on the plunger in the solenoid, because I didn't have any. I also didn't replace any of the gaskets (butterfly) for the same reason.

6. I pulled the inserts again and lubed them.

I aired up my gun and no leak - I was sooooo happy, but when I fired the gun, the leak came back.

I'm at a loss. Someone help me here!

claustrophobia9
06-12-2006, 02:38 PM
the inserts may have been in at a wierd distance, or didnt seal.

ShadowX
06-12-2006, 03:27 PM
Well Vike, I have no knowledge on Shockers, but I would try replacing those O-rings that you didn't replace..

marvin-martian
06-12-2006, 03:30 PM
wow, leave it to vike to not replace orings :eyeroll:

marvin-martian
06-12-2006, 03:45 PM
I aired up my gun and no leak - I was sooooo happy, but when I fired the gun, the leak came back.

I'm at a loss. Someone help me here!

ya claus, i think its fixed :dodgy:

vikingshadow
06-12-2006, 03:46 PM
he fixed the leak already... readdddd

Hahaha, no, I thought I fixed it, but when I shot it, it started leaking again from the same place. (Second to last line in post....:rolleyes: )

Yeah, I would have replaced all the orings, but like I said, I don't have the ones for inside the noid, and not sure about the ones on the inserts...I was just hoping someone had something a little more concrete, like a "oh, that was so simple" solution. There are about 100 little orings inside this thing!

claustrophobia9
06-12-2006, 03:52 PM
rofl im dumb. my bad. uh.... can you get me a pic or where its leaking?

vikingshadow
06-12-2006, 03:58 PM
http://www.zdspb.com/media/skr03/trouble/manifoldleak_leak2.JPG

The first arrow pointing at the manifold exhaust valve - where it's pointing up, not the second one pointing to the left (to the front of the manifold.)

Not just a slight leak - it's like it's a steady flow going...

claustrophobia9
06-12-2006, 04:06 PM
if anything, you have a problem with the noid or the mainfold. check the manifold for scratches, and check the noid for cracks. if you have the kahunas disassemble the noid and clean it, according to ydnas pictures and stuff. put some soap water around areas without electronics and see if you can find a patteren and trace it. scratches and orings are most likely. bolt stick is probibly due to loosing air durring the cycle.

vikingshadow
06-12-2006, 04:45 PM
Yeah, already disassembled and cleaned the noid and manifold (first time ever and it was a bit nerve racking) but didn't see any scratches. Only place air is leaking is that one spot. It's GOT to be an oring, but I just can't seem to find it...and I'm running out of orings!

If I was smart, I'd just buy a noid oring kit and replace all the dang orings...which I'll end up doing anyway. May even buy a new manifold - just more money in the tank for this gun...that I'll only get half of back if I ever sell it.

claustrophobia9
06-12-2006, 04:50 PM
its probably a small oring, with some pinch in it, look at the manifold where there are sealing rings and check to see if they are rounded in a ring and rounded in a tube. you are just looking for snags or pinches/scratches. i doubt it is the noid.

vikingshadow
06-13-2006, 09:31 AM
Ok, I got the leak fixed - had the endcap on the solenoid upside down! :doah: Same dang thing I did with my T1 solenoid but I honestly thought I was doing what ZDS was saying to do - I must have misunderstood it for some reason because I actually MADE sure I put the endcap back the way I did (although it was wrong.)

Thanks to a post on Shockerowners.com. (All the posts here were helpful as well, so thanks for those!)

Now - I can't get the solenoid to actually fire the gun. Board is fine, microswitch is fine, just can't get the solenoid to click. I'm HOPING that it's just the wiring harness which I ordered today - hope it gets here by Friday. Otherwise, I think I'm gonna have to get a new solenoid - 125.00 from punisher's....YIKES!

claustrophobia9
06-13-2006, 11:20 AM
Ok, I got the leak fixed - had the endcap on the solenoid upside down! :doah: Same dang thing I did with my T1 solenoid but I honestly thought I was doing what ZDS was saying to do - I must have misunderstood it for some reason because I actually MADE sure I put the endcap back the way I did (although it was wrong.)

Thanks to a post on Shockerowners.com. (All the posts here were helpful as well, so thanks for those!)

Now - I can't get the solenoid to actually fire the gun. Board is fine, microswitch is fine, just can't get the solenoid to click. I'm HOPING that it's just the wiring harness which I ordered today - hope it gets here by Friday. Otherwise, I think I'm gonna have to get a new solenoid - 125.00 from punisher's....YIKES!
:smashpc: smooth... did you try making sure the solenoid isnt put together wrong?

vikingshadow
06-13-2006, 01:28 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's together correctly - there's not much you can do to it to put it back incorrectly - other than turning the endcap over, that is.

claustrophobia9
06-13-2006, 01:30 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's together correctly - there's not much you can do to it to put it back incorrectly - other than turning the endcap over, that is.
on the harness, are wires messed up, can you visibly tell, or do you just assume thats it?

vikingshadow
06-13-2006, 01:39 PM
The wires don't LOOK messed up, but it's the cheapest and easiest option to start with, financially. I already took the noid apart and checked everything and I checked the microswitch and the batteries - after the wire harness, the only problems left to check are noid problems - as in having to get a new one.

timmyshoota
06-13-2006, 06:34 PM
Can you push the button on the solenoid to cycle the solenoid?

Edit: Now that I said that I can't even remember if you can see the button the solenoid on Shockers. Stupid upper board might be in the way.

vikingshadow
06-13-2006, 07:10 PM
There's a button just under the upper board - I thought it was like a reset button or something like that. I pressed it, but nothing happened. Still not actuating. I'm going to take the solenoid off tomorrow, along with the board and go buy a new battery to see if I can get it to work.

This is pretty frustrating - and starting to look like another 100.00 in the gun!

vikingshadow
06-22-2006, 09:11 AM
Just an update!

Well, after nearly 3 weeks and spending nearly $170.00 dollars, I finally got the ol' girl working again! Brand new solenoid, brand new upper board, brand new wiring harness, brand new orings, brand new batteries, brand new trigger, brand new detents, brand new frame screws....it's like she's a brand new gun!

The new solenoid is a Humphrey noid, though. I had a Parker noid previously. Guess I better check it out so I don't ruin it!