PDA

View Full Version : Need to find a replacement part.

Slaign
06-12-2006, 11:22 AM
I have a Spyder Sport Semi-Auto gun, and the bolt is broken. I need to find a replacement, and trying to get ahold of Kingman via phone has proved futile. They direct me to leave a message but their mailbox is full.

So I'm hoping someone here can direct me to finding a replacement. I want something cheap, in the course of trying to find a compatable bolt I have seen some selling for as little as $5 and some for as much as $50. I'm not looking to improve performance, meerly replace the broken bolt.

I have no idea how to know what bolt will fit my gun, so please, if you know, post here and tell me. :) Thanks

Backmanshooter
06-12-2006, 11:24 AM
What spyder do you have? Email them, calling them usually doesnt work unless they are working.

Slaign
06-12-2006, 11:33 AM
I really don't have time to email them and wait 3-5 days for a reply, then order a part and wait 3-5 more days on shipping :(

I have a "Spyder Sport" I bought it years ago at Walmart and never really got into the sport. My cousin wants to buy it from me, but within one tank of Co2 the cheap plastic bolt that came in the gun snapped.

This is the gun:
http://www.spyderzone.net/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=48

Slaign
06-12-2006, 11:47 AM
http://www.xtremez.com/paintball/product_information.asp?number=BTMXSP&variation=&aitem=&mitem=&back=yes&dept=238

Will this work?

Paradox313
06-12-2006, 12:11 PM
i have a shocktech superfly bolt that ill sell to you for 35
correct me if im wrong but i never heard of a spyder sport, and that looks like a victor 2
ps is your marker a top cocker

Hossy
06-12-2006, 01:04 PM
they usually dont take 3-5 days to get back to you, it took them 3 hours to get to me

also if its top cocking, Big_Daddy_D might have the right bolt for you, talk to him because i knew he was selling one

if not talk to Durrell, he runs a shop he might have what your looking for

Big_Daddy_D and Durrell are both on here quite frequently

big_daddy_d
06-12-2006, 01:28 PM
Hossy is right, if it's top cocking I have a top cocking bolt for sale, if not I've got a couple other imagine bolts etc... LMK just shoot me a PM.

Chris Cole
06-12-2006, 03:46 PM
the spyder sport used a cheap platic bolt if I remember correctly. I believe it's side cocking. and bolt would work with a bit of modification. Honestly though, with a broken sport, I'd look at this as a great time to upgrade.

Slaign
06-12-2006, 04:26 PM
the spyder sport used a cheap platic bolt if I remember correctly. I believe it's side cocking. and bolt would work with a bit of modification. Honestly though, with a broken sport, I'd look at this as a great time to upgrade.

This is correct, the Spyder Sport is a side cocking gun with a cheap plastic bolt. I believe it was a Walmart exclusive or something.

Like I said, I never got into the sport, and don't plan to now. My cousin wants to get into it now, and he's to young to afford a nice gun, mine is about the best he'll be able to do, but the bolt is broken. I need a bolt that will work for under 15 bucks.

if: http://www.xtremez.com/paintball/product_information.asp?number=BTMXSP&variation=&aitem=&mitem=&back=yes&dept=238 would work for my gun, that would be ideal for me. I'm just trying to make this cost effective, not trying to make the gun some sort of performance gun.

It's not gaurunteed he will even get into the sport, he might let the gun sit like I did, so I certainly dont want to spend more than 15 bucks on fixing this gun.

bigred76
06-12-2006, 11:50 PM
That looks like a Sonix (old style) bolt, and I believe that it is the same bolt that the Sport uses. Simple way to make sure: If the cocking handle is coming out of the left side on the bottom tube, then that is your bolt. Hope your cousin enjoys his newly fixed marker. :)