PDA

View Full Version : Does anything last?

MNBaller
06-12-2006, 07:31 AM
I have had this Pilot for about a month. And in that time the cocking knob snapped off, the backing plate above the v adj. broke off. The v adj. knob and set screw flew off right out of the box. I just want to know if i got a lemon or are they all junk. And what are the chances Kingman will actually Warranty this?

druid
06-12-2006, 07:34 AM
Call Kingman for advice on replacement

thechubbss12
06-12-2006, 07:38 AM
Yea you got a Lemon... Usualy kingman products are built pretty sturdy... just Email Kingman or call them... they should hook you up

Backmanshooter
06-12-2006, 12:21 PM
Call them or Email them. They have a good customer service.

MVS1
06-12-2006, 12:50 PM
I had the striker bolt plate break this weekend as well and I am waiting to hear back from Kingman in regards to the warranty issue. I also had a serious problem getting the marker to chrono below 300 and it never was really too consistant. And to top it off I chopped balls the first to matches until somebody pointed out that the bolt spring needed to be broken, which consisted of dry-firing the marker about 100 times. I changed from diablo 13 balls to x-balls and the marker didn't chop again the rest of the day. I'll let ya know how the warranty issue works out. BTW a friend of mine that just purchased an ACS lost the cocking bolt as well. I can't say that my initial impression is all that high but as the marker continues to become "broken-in" it seems to be getting better.

Sandman_Bravo
06-12-2006, 02:40 PM
http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=2588

bungeye
06-12-2006, 08:54 PM
They have a good customer service.

haha thats funny, my mate has a fenix, and theres a problem with the quick disconnect pin. it keeps getting stuck, i made a post about it and tryed every fix people gave me now worked. so i e-maild kingamn and asked them to sand me a replacement, what i got was a striker buffer, cocking knob an a velocity end cap thing. so i e-mail them again and they keep talking a load of BS. they said they would send me a Quick Disconnect Push Button Pin. that was about 4 months ago nd i havent got it yet.
yer really great costomer service....

Sandman_Bravo
06-13-2006, 04:53 AM
bungeye,

http://www.sundragonpps.com/paintball_spyder_repl_parts.html

They have the parts you're looking for. It's been my experience that when you e-mail kingman it takes forever to get a response. I'm sure they get thousands of dumb-ass mails everyday and have to sift thru them to get to legitimate ones. I've had far greater luck calling on the phone, but that may be costly for you.:cool:

tampaimpact16
06-13-2006, 06:33 AM
thanks for the site.
I needed some spare peices :)

MVS1
06-19-2006, 11:50 AM
Well sure enough...I get my replacement Striker/bolt plate from Kingman (which took all of 3 days from complaint to delivery) which broke last weekend and the second match out this weekend and the cocking pin popped out never to be seen again. Using an allen key to cock the marker is a real pain. I'm waiting to hear back from tech support on when I can expect a replacement pin. Can't say that I am overly impressed with the reliability of the ACS. Thinking about taking it back and giving the MR2 a try.

MVS1
06-19-2006, 01:30 PM
I thought up a way of resolving the problem of losing the cocking knob. Drill a small hole through the knurled (actual knob) portion of the cocking pin and then use either fishing line or some other small diameter line/cable and make a lanyard to attach between the knob and somewhere on the rear of the marker (I recommend making a loop around the velocity adjuster knob). This way if the knob pops out suring play it wont fall to the ground and be lost and you can just pop it back into the bolt and continue on. I just got an email from Kingman tech support and they are VERY aware of the cocking knob issue and the striker/bolt plate breaking and will send out replacements to anyone who asks for one but at this time there is not a fix id'd.

MNBaller
06-19-2006, 01:48 PM
It took five minutes to get them to send out those parts. Call and talk to the operator and she will put you into the warranty dept. Now the question is, will they break again.