PDA

View Full Version : Thinking Ion

Slammed0
06-11-2006, 02:20 PM
I think all this Ion talk lately has me kind of wanting one. Don't get me wrong, my Spyder I still love and it shoots beautifully as of lately, but this Ion just intrigues me. And the price is amazing! Who has the lowest price on them? They don't have a regulator on them do they? So I would need a low pressure HPA tank?

Hob Hayward
06-11-2006, 02:23 PM
They do have a reg, you can evern run them on anti-siphoned co2..!

I've also been considering the same thing, but I'm gonna finish my imagine first...

ShadowX
06-11-2006, 02:23 PM
www.orderpaintball.com has them for 180 Shipped to your door..

And Yes they do come with a Regulator.. So, no, you do not NEED an LP tank.. I would recommend an HP tank, unless you get a Crossfire, they have such fast recharge rates that LP or HP doesn't really matter on the ION..

The ION is a great buy.. I have one and love it, and they are customizable to the max, everything can be upgraded on them..

Slammed0
06-11-2006, 02:25 PM
Excellent! Thanks guys. Thats great news cause I want a HP tank so that I can run it on both my Pilot and Ion if I get one.

druid
06-11-2006, 06:00 PM
I also have one..I got from Durrell many moons ago...check his site.

The Ion is good out of the box with eyes, regulator and multi-mode board. The barrel's...meh, Ok I guess...and the reg needs about 2 cases to break in. Contrary to popular belief, the stock reg is pretty good...just ugly. Re grease with Shocker Lube every 800-1000 shots until broken in.

You can use antisiphonned CO2 but I wouldn't advise it because the microline inside is susceptible to the cold. Using HP air or N2 is the way to go.

The only things I'd suggest as upgrades for now would be a Clippard QEV, feedneck and barrel. Trigger's actually not bad but it's plastic (hate plastic triggers, myself) and an on/off-ASA would be nice too.

UKwithPride
06-11-2006, 08:28 PM
www.orderpaintball.com has them for 180 Shipped to your door..

And Yes they do come with a Regulator.. So, no, you do not NEED an LP tank.. I would recommend an HP tank, unless you get a Crossfire, they have such fast recharge rates that LP or HP doesn't really matter on the ION..

The ION is a great buy.. I have one and love it, and they are customizable to the max, everything can be upgraded on them..
Although they aren't supposed to be selling them that cheap, lol.

ShadowX
06-12-2006, 05:19 AM
Ok UK, Is their a law against that or something?!?! Didn't think so..

Yea, Druid has put you on the right path for upgrades.. A barrel, feed neck, and QEV are the first things I would get..

vikingshadow
06-12-2006, 05:23 AM
Ok UK, Is their a law against that or something?!?! Didn't think so..

Actually, smart parts sets a price that the dealers aren't supposed to go below. It stops unneccessary competition between all it's dealers. They've actually shut down shocker sales (say that 3 times really fast! LOL!) to several dealers this year because of it...

That's what I think UK meant by that.

Hossy
06-12-2006, 05:24 AM
there is a law that u cant advertise lower than the MAP or atleast the company can sue you for that

you can also find then new on the nation, i think i saw one last night for 150 shipped because a team one them and didnt need them

ill edit this post if i can find that url

thechubbss12
06-12-2006, 06:24 AM
Bahh.. Ions.... i would save my money and get a older timmy.... or buy NIB Dm4 off the nation for 400.... But thats just me.

bamf-hacker
06-12-2006, 06:28 AM
Ion's are great markers. And you are the kind of person that likes to upgrade then they are even better. I love mine!!!

HacKeR

claustrophobia9
06-12-2006, 08:39 AM
ions are actually fairly elegant markers, allowing a high quality design to be in your hands for a low price. the solenoid is very unique and small. it offers high flow and decent reliability, and is also considered to be one of the faster noids, even faster than humphrey's noids on shockers and timmies. i say having a high end gun isnt neccessarily worth it, why spend so much on looks. if you get one cheep or it is through a sponsorship, thats awesome and props to you, but not all of us can get that. i say shoot what makes you win, not what makes you look agg, or looks cool,pretty, all of the above. and you CAN win with an ion. also for us on a budget, shooting a 1000 buck marker can be intimidating (no pun intended) because you are thinking "what if i mess it up" the beauty of an ion is that with so many parts to upgrade, and smartpart's superior idividual part sale you can fix any bruise you give the gun from a bad landing etc. most of us have seen the bent shocker from a bad landing (i cant find the link, anyone if you have it please post it). i dont want to have to buy a new ego or dm just cuz i broke 1 part. i just want that part, smartparts makes that easy.

Slammed0
06-12-2006, 02:51 PM
Ya claustrophobia9 thats the way I have always felt. Besides, I am not really into the whole tournament level. I just go out and play with friends. As long as my gun is reliable and fun, thats all that matters. I don't need a $1000 marker to hang with my friends (whom 99.9% own Tippmans). And if I do accidentally shove my barrel into the dirt or bang it here or there than its not a huge loss. Thats why I love my Spyder and also want a Ion. That way I can have a EP gun too.

claustrophobia9
06-12-2006, 03:45 PM
well spiders dont really have these.... http://www.punisherspb.com/factory-replacement-parts_2190.aspx

anything but 3 parts you can get replaced (you cant get, individually: solenoid bracket, armature or head)