PDA

View Full Version : various things concerning the MR chop chop 2

davecuz1975
06-11-2006, 10:48 AM
iv had my mr2 about 4 months iv used it in combat 4 or 5 times it was chopping and double feeding,the hopper is a vl revolution with x board,iv broke in the acs give it an air supply a j&j 14 inch barrel put an old pirhana detent in as the yellow 1 in there wer naff an broke in no time,all this an the thing is still chopping and double feeding:mad: ,any ideas,also iv bought some evolve cinnamon butter lubricant/grease (the shop raved about it )and extreme rage marker oil,apart from the usual o rings an things would it be wise to grease or oil the bolt?iv seen some posts that say its a good thing an others that say its bad 4 the bolt:confused: again any ideas guys:)

new_Faction64
06-11-2006, 01:00 PM
Correct, it is bad to oil that bolt because it is made from delrin, and delrin will swell if you oil it (which I imagine wouldn't be great if it's in such a tight area).

Delrin self-lubricates so there's no worries.

davecuz1975
06-11-2006, 01:25 PM
ok thanks faction what about this chopping and double feeding problem?is there anyone outhere who can give an answer to put this baby to bed.:]

Rancid
06-11-2006, 01:36 PM
well there is a simple answer to your problem but i dont think you would want to do it. Just dotn use the gun and the gun wont chop or double feed becasue it is not in use.

You can always rely on the great EBAY

new_Faction64
06-11-2006, 02:38 PM
How fast does your hopper feed balls?

Hob Hayward
06-11-2006, 03:32 PM
How fast were you firing, and perhaps you could try disabling your ACS, I've heard it helps with force feed loaders, But I dunno about yours.

Technically you could lube delrin, theres no point though, its really a myth that delrin swells from oil, maybe old crappy delrin did, but the kind the ACS is made from doesn, at least in my experience.

new_Faction64
06-11-2006, 04:57 PM
How fast were you firing, and perhaps you could try disabling your ACS, I've heard it helps with force feed loaders, But I dunno about yours.

Yeah with force-fed loaders or loaders that feed 18BPS or higher.

Hartwood Avenger
06-11-2006, 05:39 PM
:cool: Wow i feel speacial My MR2 never chopps hmm you think i got the only good one hahah but yea if it starts ill strip it and def find out how to fix it and put all your questions to rest

davecuz1975
06-14-2006, 10:32 AM
the hopper feeds at 15bps