PDA

View Full Version : More Ups for the ION! Pics!

ShadowX
06-11-2006, 04:55 AM
Here is a list of what she has:

Smart Parts 06 Freak Barrel with 4 inserts ( In the Mail )
Trinity T-Lock Feed neck
Kila Magnetic ball detents
Clippard QEV with Q/D
BlackHeart board
NDZ Roller trigger
AKA 2-Liter+ Reg
Smart Parts S-Rail with On/Off
06 Gen. Hybrid Grips, Grey with white inlays ( In the Mail )

http://i5.tinypic.com/141iki1.jpg
http://i6.tinypic.com/141ilts.jpg
http://i5.tinypic.com/141ilw2.jpg

I will put more Pics up when I get my Freak and Hybrid Grips.. I may also wait for more pics until I get the L6 bolt and Powerlyte body.. I am running a Smoke Halo B with Rip and a Centerflag HP 68/4500 on it right now.. Shoots amazing..

Comments are welcome and please do not flame..

marvin-martian
06-11-2006, 05:14 AM
wow, i always thought 2 liters were bigger than that.

metromuppetmower
06-11-2006, 06:50 AM
very good choice on a 2 liter, you wont be dissapointed and if you are lmk and i will buy it:)

good choice on the ups

claustrophobia9
06-11-2006, 08:34 AM
no, ion regs are massivly fat, look at cp ones and look at how unflush they are with the asa

big_daddy_d
06-11-2006, 08:45 AM
i liked the comforter...:D nice ion, not much left to upgrade on it...

ShadowX
06-11-2006, 09:08 AM
Yea, my parents room has the best place to take Pics... The lighting is very good..

Yea big daddy your right.. After I get the 06 Powerlyte body and the TechT L6 bolt, I will probably start Uping the Halo.. Probably with a Cheetah board, Boost Rechargable Hot Pack, Zentram Drive cone, and Some knid of aluminum rip drive knob..

Thanks for all of the comments guys!

claustrophobia9
06-11-2006, 09:39 AM
Yea big daddy your right.. After I get the 06 Powerlyte body and the TechT L6 bolt, I will probably start Uping the Halo..
the body is your choice, honestly ill say its overused and way ugly imo. but the L6 isnt anywhere near as good as the firebolt. new design > modded old design + lightening (so close to old bolts name "lightning" rofl)

ShadowX
06-11-2006, 09:49 AM
Wait Claus, are you thinking of the Powerlyte body that is cut in the middle, like it has a big chunk missing?? Because I am not, I am talking about the one that is competely whole, similar to a Shocker body.. Smooth all the way to the back of the gun, with minor milling..

Here is a Pic of the body I am getting:
http://www.pbreview.com/pics/1121230371.jpg

As for the bolt, The L6 is the best on the market.. I know 2 kids at the feilds with them and they say they are awesome and that they give them no trouble.. Firebolts are not good.. I have had multiple people tell be they are hit or miss.. And I don't like to play guessing games with 40 bucks.. I just assume pay 55 for the L6 which I KNOW will be better than any bolt out there.. It is the lightest bolt on the market at 16.5 oz's....

claustrophobia9
06-11-2006, 10:00 AM
As for the bolt, The L6 is the best on the market.. I know 2 kids at the feilds with them and they say they are awesome and that they give them no trouble.. Firebolts are not good.. I have had multiple people tell be they are hit or miss.. And I don't like to play guessing games with 40 bucks.. I just assume pay 55 for the L6 which I KNOW will be better than any bolt out there.. It is the lightest bolt on the market at 16.5 oz's....
its the same body, i hate those, they look like bricks and every1 has them. i have like 4 or 5 friends with firebolts that all rock the fields. all they need is so lubin love and they shoot like no other.

l6 isnt the lightest either. the lucky one made of delrin is but that is the same EXACT design as the stock bolt. and then the new orange is second, both ive seen snapped at my field. 16.5 ounces is over a pound, i think you mean grams. and the firebolt is 1.5 more grams... big deal. the added air volume and new design makes up for its wieght (which is little) also the l6 costs 15 bucks more. firebolts are simple, lower pressure, lower dwell, then fire. noobs who review it only change velocity with dwell and not with pressure.

and although it saves maybe .01 cubic inches of air, that second oring on the tail can cuase enough drag to equal a 20g bolt that has only one oring.

ShadowX
06-11-2006, 10:59 AM
Yea I see your point... I will look into the Firebolt... I guess..

druid
06-11-2006, 11:07 AM
not the firebolt...either the L6 or wait a little bit. TechT is designing yet another that's higher flowing than the L6

ShadowX
06-11-2006, 11:40 AM
Yea I probably won't get a new bolt and body until August or September.. Well, It all depends if I play CFOA or not..

timmyshoota
06-11-2006, 12:05 PM
The powerlyte bodies just seem too plain to me. Then again, I've only seen maybe 3 Ions in this area with aftermarket bodies. Most are just stock bodied.

Nice sig. :)

ShadowX
06-11-2006, 12:32 PM
Lol, Thanks TimmyShoota....

claustrophobia9
06-12-2006, 08:51 AM
i say stay stock bodied or go with NDZ.

and to set some rumors away:

firebolt: lightest aluminum bolt

http://www.pbreview.com/productpics/?action=view&photo=10736&product=4519

and the L6 actually has a worse design than the original... you WANT the bolt to be fat near the stem, it provides more pressure pushing the bolt forward.

ShadowX
06-12-2006, 10:12 AM
Ehhh, NDZ seems to pricey for a body, the only reason I was considering a new body is because the powerlytes look decent and are only 40-50 bucks..